Street Racing In Cali LOL

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I couldn't make it past "Street racing mobile". Talk about biased news. I really don't know why people bother watching it anymore:bored:

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
You could tell the Police chief is a gear head. He probably owns a car or two that he trailers to the track.

HotStart

Fastest Stock Daytona
Established Member
I'm not going to lie, those buttons are kick ass. My friend's car has them...Pulls pretty damn hard.

TakeAwayTheFear

Stabbing the Drama
Established Member
they should have got a better example of a modified street racing car than an integra with an intake and race button lol

nope thats what they are trying to crack down on around here.

most of the peeps with those types of cars, drive like asshats and act like they have something to prove, and are ruining it for the rest of us.

I have also heard its not so much the "illegal" parts on the car its all the stolen parts on these cars, motors etc!! its crazy and dumb.

and the sad thing is, my car bone stock and cobras, mustangs, camaros.... are way faster than most of these STREET RACERS CARS...... the only difference is most of us dont drive like dumb asses or at least not when people are around.

Last edited:

5point0guy

Established Member
That's Cali for you. The police have been cracking down pretty hard on street racing the last few years. There used to be a meet-up/hangout place in town where everyone would bring their cars out and chill every weekend, no BS. But morons with riced out Civics and Integras started acting stupid all the time and cops began hanging around and harassing people, now the place is dead, not one car there Friday or Saturday night.

LethalDosage

Banned
they started a campaign in the Riverside/San bernardino county area a couple years back, where they actually had undercover cars that looked just like anyone elses rice machine... then they would be outside videotaping all the cars racing, and make sure to get the license plate on video, then they would block off the street with tractor/trailers with car carriers, so everyone was trapped... then they would just play the tape back... put some cars on the trucks, and take them directly to the CRUSHER!!! anyone else participating in the scene would get theyre car impounded for 30 days.. some nights they would take 150 cars total.

ya... thats about the time i stopped hahaha

Wow, if they actually crushed peoples cars thats preety harsh!!

MAD SVT

The guy with the Thing.
Established Member
Wow, if they actually crushed peoples cars thats preety harsh!!

ya it sucks, i know of a couple cars that got crushed AND NOT WITH STOLEN PARTS ^^^ (schmuck) they were caught actually racing when the cops show up. most of the time they just impound them, haha my girlfriend had to walk home once!!

MAD SVT

The guy with the Thing.
Established Member
That intake could have been illegal due to a missing CARB sticker (which basically means california got paid to say it was ok in the state).. most mods are legal IF you get the carb sticker.. i will have to disagree about the header though.. thats a type-r and they came from the factory with a header.. thus that one "should" be legal in that respect.

and the whole cars getting crushed automatically just for racing.. they cant do that.. i saw a news article where the only time they could do that was if stolen parts were found on the car... its more of a witch hanging if you ask me to scare people into slowing down..but im sure its worked on a few people.. :beer:

all cars come with headers haha... but thats a DC header, most likely a 4-2-1 setup... this is what that motor looked like stock.
http://www.tjrubley.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/380c_12.JPG.
sadly... i had rice before i had muscle :cryying:

laruei

Established Member
OHHH a mental midget... let me prove to you that not all exhaust manifolds are called headers..

Wikipedia:
"Exhaust manifolds are generally simple cast iron units which collect engine exhaust from multiple cylinders and deliver it to the exhaust pipe. For many engines after market high performance exhaust headers — known as extractors in Australia — are available. These consist of individual exhaust headpipes for each cylinder, which then usually converge into one tube called a collector. Headers that do not have collectors are called zoomie headers, and are used exclusively on race cars.

The goal of performance exhaust headers is mainly to decrease flow resistance (back pressure), and to increase the volumetric efficiency of an engine, resulting in a gain in power output. The processes occurring can be explained by the gas laws, specifically the ideal gas law and the combined gas law."

Furthermore.. please exlpain to me how in the blue shit (unless this is your car or you know who's it is) do you know its a DC header.. to me it couldnt look further from a DC header.. its rusty and discoloroed.. DC sells headers in ceramic and polished.. what it does look like is a stock JDM 4-1 header which has brackets for the stock heat shield on top of the flange.. or one similar to that such as a knock off... see links.

Honda Genuine Header, DC2 Integra Type-R Tubular 4-1 B-Series 2.5" Collector - Honda B-Series - Exhaust Manifold (Header) - Exhaust - HeelToe Automotive
Honda Type R - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^snipet..
"The engine power remained the same but use of a new 4-1 exhaust manifold brought torque lower down to 6200rpm."

At any rate.. its quiet possible more then one person went from imports to domestics in their life ;)

Last edited:

MAD SVT

The guy with the Thing.
Established Member
i will have to disagree about the header though.. thats a type-r and they came from the factory with a header.. thus that one "should" be legal in that respect.

OHHH a mental midget...QUOTE]

haha, you were wrong about the "stock header" by your own wickepedia arguement!!!!...

and i know what header it is cause i had a 99 civic si with this same b18 swap into it, SAME HEADERS and they are NOT street legal. these are the ceramic coated ones, which start to look like shit eventually, mine was 5 yrs old when i got rid of it, and its discoloring looked close to what that is.

your link is to a 4-1 header thats stainless... how could it rust? these turn purple from heat

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread