Street Racing gone BAD

hb712

Established Member
lmao at robbing and shooting someone even being close to a street racing accident. The keyword is ACCIDENT. Sure it is awful and the driver should be charged big time. Its quite different than consciously deciding to rob or shoot someone.

You're not getting the point, obviously. Both scenarios involve the death of an innocent person during commission of a crime. Why is this so hard for people to get? It seems like you need to read the scenario over again too, I think you missed a rather important part.
What makes you think that I think me and my friends are above the law in this situation? It is a good thing I'm not a cop and like I said I don't plan on it.:kaboom:

Well, the part where you think that the death of an innocent person is excusable if you (or your friends) did not directly cause it. That's pretty much what shows that you think you're above the law.

61mmstang94

Established Member

Anyway how is the Vette driver a "killer"? That's who we were talking about!

It's rather simple. They both willingly engaged in an illegal activity in a public area where they knew people could get hurt. They still both agreed to go through with it and their actions together (the street race) ended up killing an innocent person driving by. They are both murderers.

Lankhoss

Established Member
It's rather simple. They both willingly engaged in an illegal activity in a public area where they knew people could get hurt. They still both agreed to go through with it and their actions together (the street race) ended up killing an innocent person driving by. They are both murderers.

Yeah, I think the argument here is intent. There are different "types" of murder, and this one would obviously fall into the category of accidental. I think this is where people are arguing, and some people are trying to compare what happened here with a person who performs a violent crime with a weapon that is designed to hurt or kill, and has the intent of doing something malicious.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Please explain to me what the difference is between racing on the street and "spirited driving" on the highway and "pushing the speed limit." I'd really like to know.

Yea i am still waiting for that myself.

Simple,
Spirited driving is normally NOT done in the other ****ing lane headed straight at people.

I'd venture to say most is done on a 4 lane Hwy and without intersections for people to pull out of.

hb712

Established Member
Yeah, I think the argument here is intent. There are different "types" of murder, and this one would obviously fall into the category of accidental. I think this is where people are arguing, and some people are trying to compare what happened here with a person who performs a violent crime with a weapon that is designed to hurt or kill, and has the intent of doing something malicious.

No, we're not saying that the person who shoots anyone in a home invasion is the same as the 'Vette driver. We are saying that the person who has no weapon and no intent is the same as the 'Vette driver.

Camilo

Established Member
Simple,
Spirited driving is normally NOT done in the other ****ing lane headed straight at people.

I'd venture to say most is done on a 4 lane Hwy and without intersections for people to pull out of.

So what?
Thats still racing on a public street or highway.

Lankhoss

Established Member
I think "spirited driving" is accelerating quickly....has nothing to do with competing against someone else, it's just giving the car some gas. I'd throw whipping around some turns at speeds above what is posted as "spirited driving" as well.

Racing is when there is another person involved and your intent is to accelerate quicker than them, or get to a specified point before they do.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Simple,

I'm not talking about what happened in the video, I'm talking about racing in general.

I think "spirited driving" is accelerating quickly....has nothing to do with competing against someone else, it's just giving the car some gas. I'd throw whipping around some turns at speeds above what is posted as "spirited driving" as well.

Racing is when there is another person involved and your intent is to accelerate quicker than them, or get to a specified point before they do.

What's the difference if someone is beside you or not? Hauling ass on a public street is hauling ass on a public street. Doing it with someone else makes no difference, that's my point. How can someone get up on the soap box about racing if they speed as well? :shrug:

61mmstang94

Established Member
What's the difference if someone is beside you or not? Hauling ass on a public street is hauling ass on a public street. Doing it with someone else makes no difference, that's my point. How can someone get up on the soap box about racing if they speed as well? :shrug:

Maybe the point he was trying to make is that it's safer. He's not saying it's much better or legal to do. Also, one car instead of two does make a difference because when they are racing (sometimes for money) they're much more motivated to keep pushing it harder and not to mention now you have 2 cars at a high rate of speed instead of just yourself, making it twice as dangerous. As for a spitired run on an empty highway, yes that is much safer than racing another person to 150mph with intersections and other people crossing the road than doing maybe a 50-100 pull when no one else is around and there's no stoplights, etc. Both ARE illegal, but racing against someone on a crowded road with intersections just seems a little more careless...that is if you have any common sense. :poke:

Lankhoss

Established Member
I'm not talking about what happened in the video, I'm talking about racing in general.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "what's the difference"

The difference is spirited driving is done by yourself....racing involves at least one other person doing the same thing, and in a competitive manner.

If you are asking what the difference is as far as danger, then I don't believe there is. In fact, I find some people's idea of "spirited driving" more dangerous as it involves weaving through traffic. I had a friend that absolutely refused to street race, but thought it was fun when we were all driving somewhere to do about 120mph through traffic, changing lanes in front of people and weaving in and out. Trying to keep up with him was WAY more dangerous than any street race I've ever seen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread