Strap Your Ass To This Engine!

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I would love to go back and withness an Apollo launch with the Saturn Vs.

Hell, I would’ve enjoyed a shuttle launch.

johnkn

Established Member
Not sure I would want to be even that close, slight wind shift = death, that fuel is bad, bad stuff.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Sadly this video reminds me of my sexual prowess. 8 minutes of balls to the wall fury followed by a sad fizzle.

So glad I had already finished my coffee when I read this comment! :)

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
When I was young, we took a trip to Orlando. My dad, brother, and sister went and watched a shuttle launch and left me with my mom at the hotel because they thought I wouldn't enjoy it. Outside of my dad, Im literally the only person in my family that is into that stuff. Thanks mom and dad.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

johnkn

Established Member
Huh? The exhaust is water vapor.

yea, I was thinking about the back stage pass to the Cape prior to another Gov. Atlas 5? launch and seeing Danger signs. The messaging received was that during an active launch, if you are close enough to read the signs you're close enough to die from the fumes. ;^)

Last edited:

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
pic-44410-1600x1200.jpg

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I laid in bed with my iPad and watched that video. The sound had me asleep near the five minute mark.

oldmachguy

Established Member
Hell, I would’ve enjoyed a shuttle launch.

We saw the final launch of Discovery, from the VIP causeway. (Took two trips, one in November, IIRC, which was rained out, then went back in like February.)

There's no way to explain what it's like to see those SRB's and SSME's light off in person. Kind of like watching an F1 or Top Fuel race on t.v. You can't "get it."

The exhaust plume is as bright as the sun, and, even miles away, you can feel the pressure waves. It's insane. One of my main impressions, as I was watching it, was "I can't believe humans built something that big, that powerful, that goes that fast so quickly."

_Snake_

Established Member
We saw the final launch of Discovery, from the VIP causeway. (Took two trips, one in November, IIRC, which was rained out, then went back in like February.)

There's no way to explain what it's like to see those SRB's and SSME's light off in person. Kind of like watching an F1 or Top Fuel race on t.v. You can't "get it."

The exhaust plume is as bright as the sun, and, even miles away, you can feel the pressure waves. It's insane. One of my main impressions, as I was watching it, was "I can't believe humans built something that big, that powerful, that goes that fast so quickly."

I watched a shuttle launch from the same location. Prior to liftoff, I was disappointed at how far away we were from the launchpad. But man did that change quickly!

The only thing I could compare it to, and it still falls short, is being on the fence when the top fuel guys are running.

Rct851

Established Member
I think I'm secretly going to start a timer on my phone tonight and see how I do.

Should I start counting at 3rd base action or full smash only?

All kidding aside this will not go well lol. 8 minutes sounds lofty

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I think I'm secretly going to start a timer on my phone tonight and see how I do.

Should I start counting at 3rd base action or full smash only?

All kidding aside this will not go well lol. 8 minutes sounds lofty

With orbital insertion :D

Users who are viewing this thread