Stolen MystiChrome Cobra

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
DesertMach said:
This may be a stupid question but, Don't the Cobra's have the same PATS system as the Mach?? and if so wouldn't you need the key with the chip in it or have to tow the vehicle in order to steal it. Or can it be started without the PATS key? this is really bothering me as to I just had to move from a house to an apartment and the Mach is no longer in a secure parking place.

Back on topic...

Sorry to hear about the Cobra.
Here's the bottom line unfortunately. If a thief wants your car, he will get it. There was a 2003/2004 Cobra last year parked in a garage. The thief actually broke into the garage during the night and somehow stole the car. To my knowledge it was never found. That news was a real eye opener. Another 2003/2004 Cobra was parked in back of another car. A thief got that one as well. All we can do it be wise where we park and add as much theft deterrent measures as possible, or that we can afford. But the sad truth is that no car is 100% theft proof unless it is locked in a steel vault with armed guards. :( Sad, isn't it. And it sucks, especially in your case when you have to park your car outside. I would highly recommend you look at all of the anti-theft measures available in your situation. At least you'll cut down the odds of your Mach ending up in the hands of thieves.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
chrisheltra said:
Maybe your getting "Overhauled"
Best of luck to you.

Sadly enough, every person in the world with a classic car now has to wait a week before they can figure out if their car has actually been stolen. :lol1:

chrisheltra

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
I would change that immediately unless you want to be banned. This is not Smack Down.

+1 I got threatened with the ban stick and I was much more diplomatic than that. You should probably edit that.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
skatermckimm said:

Whether you like it or not Adam is right .. it is just a car and in the grand scheme of things it is relatively minor. I own two cobras .. My 95 is the one I would feel horrible if it got stolen. I have owned it since 1997 and will NEVER sell it, it means so much to me that it is the only thing of mine that my daughter wants when I die and only for sentimental reasons since she can't even drive a stick.

but when all is said and done .. it is a hunk of metal and just a car in the end. You will note I also own an 04 Mystichrome. something I have wanted since I first saw the artists conception of the thing.

I feel for the OP .. .he has my sympathies ... but that nor the way Adam said what he did make Adam any less right.

Users who are viewing this thread