Stock vs Aftermarker Spring rates?

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Can I get some help piecing together the various spring rates of the FRPP, Eibach, etc aftermarket options compared to the stock GT500?

Van told me the fronts on the FRPP springs are rated at 260. I've had a surprisingly difficult time finding the various rates on the internet. You'd think they would be well documented, but perhaps I'm not looking in the right place. :shrug:

Last edited:

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
I can't help you with the aftermarket Spring Rates, but here are the factory spring rates:

2013-14 Coupe
Standard
  • Fr (N/mm). 35
  • Rr (N/mm). 33.5
Performance Pack
  • Fr (N/mm). 45.0
  • Rr (N/mm). 35.0

2013-14 Vert
Standard
  • Fr spr. (N/mm). 32.5
  • Rr spr. (N/mm). 30.5
Performance Pack
  • Fr spr. (N/mm). 34.0
  • Rr spr. (N/mm). 31.5

Last edited:

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
Same info converted to lbf/in:

2013-14 Coupe
Standard
  • Fr (lbf/in). 200
  • Rr (lbf/in). 190
Performance Pack
  • Fr (lbf/in). 260
  • Rr (lbf/in). 200

2013-14 Vert
Standard
  • Fr spr. (lbf/in). 185
  • Rr spr. (lbf/in). 175
Performance Pack
  • Fr spr. (lbf/in). 195
  • Rr spr. (lbf/in). 180

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I don't know how I missed this thread.

When I was looking to use the 5300-L springs from FRPP, I sent a question up the chain asking about rates. I was currently using KR springs/dampers and was contemplating the L springs. Since Ford Racing states that the L springs are "Validated for use with electronically controlled Track Pack option (2013-2014 model year)" I chose them. The information I got back with respect to the rates I was wondering about...

_______Springrates.jpg

He knew I was inquiring about the L springs, and I assume he meant Ford Racing when he wrote FRT (Ford Racing Technology) and Track Package as TP.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I don't know how I missed this thread.

When I was looking to use the 5300-L springs from FRPP, I sent a question up the chain asking about rates. I was currently using KR springs/dampers and was contemplating the L springs. Since Ford Racing states that the L springs are "Validated for use with electronically controlled Track Pack option (2013-2014 model year)" I chose them. The information I got back with respect to the rates I was wondering about...

_______Springrates.jpg

He knew I was inquiring about the L springs, and I assume he meant Ford Racing when he wrote FRT (Ford Racing Technology) and Track Package as TP.

I didn't know the L springs were compatible w/ the Blisteins, good to know since I want to lower my 13 a little but was worried about messing w/ the blisteins. What's the drop w/ the L springs?

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Guys,

I currently have Steeda springs on and all their suspension, but I am in the process of going FULL BMR. They (BMR) are coming out with 3 different set of springs for our cars, drag, performance and road race. I would definitely wait for one of these sets.

Regards,

Manuel

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I didn't know the L springs were compatible w/ the Blisteins, good to know since I want to lower my 13 a little but was worried about messing w/ the blisteins. What's the drop w/ the L springs?
I have an earlier car and was using KR springs prior to the "L" springs so I'm not sure I can give you what you are looking for.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I have an earlier car and was using KR springs prior to the "L" springs so I'm not sure I can give you what you are looking for.

Gotcha, I believe American muscle has them listed as .4 in the front and 1 in the rear on the 13's, so I should be able to do just the springs w/ out having to mess w/ Panhard bar and camber plates right?

BMR Tech

Just wanted to add, our new springs for the GT500 will be:

SP070: Performance Springs
220F / 200R

SP072: Handling Springs
260F / 220R

SP075: Drag Springs
165F / 160R

Should have the first batch of these in a few months.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Kelly, the real question is when?
Been hearing about them since spring.
Not giving you a hard time, but I'm glad I didn't wait and installed the Ls or I'd still be waiting.
What is a reasonable expectation?
-J

BMR Tech

They are being built. It takes time. If you want the best parts available, they have to be engineered properly, and they have to be tested thoroughly.

The L's are good springs. Nothing wrong with choosing that path, over unicorn springs. lol

Reasonable is, we should have some initial offerings for real-world testing before Christmas. We have a full freight load of springs built, so it typically takes some time after submitting our order.

When I say real world - we have already done the initial testing. The real-world is getting them on customers cars (limited amount), once available, before listing them to the masses..

T3RMIN8TOR

Established Member
Just wanted to add, our new springs for the GT500 will be:

SP070: Performance Springs
220F / 200R
Y
SP072: Handling Springs
260F / 220R

SP075: Drag Springs
165F / 160R

Should have the first batch of these in a few months.
How much drop will the Performance and Handling Springs provide?

Users who are viewing this thread