Stock or aftermarket HB Question

SRBCitrusCobra17

Established Member
Hello, mine is in the rebuild process part of which I have to replace the harmnonic balancer which was dammaged when it fell off. With 550hp at the wheels will the stock HB suffice or is it better to go with an aftermarket one. I know there are a few options out there but I would like to hear what folks have done. I do have a new stock one but am on the fence whether to actually use it. Thanks again for any input.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Depends if you are running a stock lower caged supercharger pulley or not. If you want to run a stock caged lower, you need to stay OEM.

If not, go aftermarket. Innovators West, ATI and a few others make them for our cars. Make sure you get one that accepts METCO or LFP rings if that is your plan.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
so
Hello, mine is in the rebuild process part of which I have to replace the harmnonic balancer which was dammaged when it fell off. With 550hp at the wheels will the stock HB suffice or is it better to go with an aftermarket one. I know there are a few options out there but I would like to hear what folks have done. I do have a new stock one but am on the fence whether to actually use it. Thanks again for any input.

so you were able to find a brand new stock terminator hb?

if so, cool, because i thought those would have been long since discontinued.

Users who are viewing this thread