Stock Mufflers

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
Hey guys, I had a quick question for you. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are these the mufflers that come stock for an '03/04 Cobra? http://reinhartautomotive.com/Merch...ode=12345&Product_Code=MM-HFM&Category_Code=9
Aren't they called "dual modes" or something like that? If so, do any of you have your stock pair? I'm completing the rest of my exhaust probably within a month or so, and my special edition Flowmaster's just aren't cutting it out for me and figure I would give these a shot. Thanks in advance.

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
dunno man..mine didnt come with them...but it that is them im def gonna hve them shipped here!

Nice Maurader!! My parents have a 04..the red color one cant think of the name. I love it though! Its my DD while the cobra is in the shop..

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
Really? That is what Dennis had told me, and half the guys on MM also say they come stock on the Cobra's. That's cool your parents drive one, I love mine. And the color is DTR. (Dark Toreador Red)

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
I dunno if they're the same but here's a pic of my stockers:shrug:

mufflers.gif

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
Damnit. This is bugging the hell out of me. Thank you for your picture and help. I'll have to inquire with Dennis and have him send me a picture and more details about that then. Do you still have your stock mufflers if they are what I'm looking for?

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
Yep, still got em, I just now took that pic. I've never heard them on the car, it had a Mag CB on it when I got it.

wheelhopper

Established Member
They look a lot like the mufflers that come on the FR500 exhaust, which I have and am happy with. The FR500 mufflers have a bafle inside that opens when the rpms increase so the flow is greater as the need arises. They are quiet compared to most others.

JimBobWay

Established Member
My stockers are sitting in the garage too if you want them. Long way to ship tho, so I'm sure you can find them closer by.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
The stock mufflers are definitely NOT DUAL MODE.
The FR500 cat back or the individual mufflers(for a weld in set up) are DUAL MODE.
I bought a used FR500 cat back from a buddy with an 01...

I LOVE IT!!!

The stockers are way too restrictive and way too quiet. Even with a cat less set up they would probably still be too quiet and they will always be too restrictive.

Last edited:

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
Ahh I see then. Thanks guys. I called Dennis and he said yes they do come on the FR500 exhaust. I got kind of pissed with him since he said they came on Cobra's. Which the FR500 does not come stock on them.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
What Jimmy said...

The only Dual Mode muffler I know of for the Cobra is the FR500 from Ford.

They're actually made by Arvinmeritor who also makes the exhaust for the Z06 Vette, Nissan Maxima, and the Honda Hybrid.

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
Do any of you have a sound clip of the Dual Modes? If they're worth it, I'd get them. I just can't see spending $330+ shipping on these from Dennis. Unless some of you know another place that sells them cheaper...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for the sound clip. They really sound better than I thought. I can see why Jimmy likes them. I like the fact that they're fairly quiet under normal driving conditions and then bark a bit when opened up. :)

vicmaster

DOHC 32v 4 door rules!
Established Member
Thanks for that sound clip. If I do get them, they'll be getting hooked up to 2.5" piping, a custom X pipe, two Magna cats and my Meg's non res tips. Where did you get them from? Also, are they available in O/C?

Users who are viewing this thread