Stock Boss vs. Whipple 2.9 Charger

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
You are referring to my comment obviously. I’m stating facts. Below 100 from a dig I can usually hang within a car of said vehicles.

The facts are the facts. I never said I can take those cars, I said I can hang with. When ever you want to bring the viper out to find out who is the clueless one.... ;)

Nice pass... my stock C6Z went 10s on DR at PBIR. You on the Corvette forum?
I ran 11.82 at 116 on Dr in the Boss stock. My Boss traps 119 now on 20in street tires. The Boss easily pulls 1.8 60ft on street tires... the cars I mentioned cannot regularly. I get out on them and they have to play catch-up. They catch me for sure.... but as I said, I make a race out of it below 100.

Dig or 20 roll lol, our cars ar stout for what they are.

Your stock Z went 10’s? The stock Z record is like 10.9 I think. Well you FL guys run great numbers at PBIR lol, every time I hit the strip I get locked out of second. Usually 11.8@116-118 is what a ton of guys with stock Boss’s run.

From a dig is the key bit of info that was missing from your initial post. Yes, traction has a lot to do with winning or losing races.

Thanks. That video was taken just about 10 years ago :eek: It was my first time at the track with the car too. Unfortunately we have no tracks here on Long Island so getting the appropriate seat time isn’t easy to do. With more practice it would have ran in the 10s. I am on the CF but don’t go on there much after selling the Z06.

Is your Boss stock? It can’t be if it’s trapping 119. My comments were about a Boss in stock form. Just an example, a stock C7Z A8 with a drag radial is a mid 10 second car, and a few have gone faster than that. From a dig or roll, traction being equal, it’s not even a contest.

LOL... I’m pretty sure a bone stock Boss would give your truck a run for it’s money up until 100 mph, unless you’re wearing those crocs. Then you win by default :D
The stock Boss record is 11.7 and the record trap is 119 from what I have heard. It is crazy that stock Z’s are 10 second cars with the right driver. C7Z A8 cars are bad fast, 10.41 stock at MIR is moving. Traction being equal throws the Boss out most definitely lol.

Its not the trans or the shifter.

Replace the lame factory clutch and you will instantly think the mt82 is God's gift to transmissions.

I said in the last sentence I did not want to pay $1,500 for a clutch and shifter as the “cure.”

This! Twin disk clutch and a ben calimer mt82. You will not miss a gear.... ever.

I was going to go RST, I then realized that it would take $5k+ to make the car more enjoyable and I decided to return completely to stock and use the car for weekend s and shows. Then find a C6Z to DD and enjoy!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I said in the last sentence I did not want to pay $1,500 for a clutch and shifter as the “cure.”

Buys $45k car, balks at idea of installing $900 clutch.

Gotcha.

I was going to go RST, I then realized that it would take $5k+ to make the car more enjoyable and I decided to return completely to stock and use the car for weekend s and shows. Then find a C6Z to DD and enjoy!

Please explain how an RST is a $5k job. It was just on sale for $880 a month ago.

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
Buys $45k car, balks at idea of installing $900 clutch.

Gotcha.

Please explain how an RST is a $5k job. It was just on sale for $880 a month ago.

I would of had a cow if I spent $45k on this car, I purchased the car September of 2016. I balk at spending money in general. I could be a millionaire and be upset I spent $20 at a restaurant.

I should of explained what I meant better. I ordered headers/Boss mid-pipe and was going to go full bolt-on until some investing opportunities arose. I was looking at spending over $3k on NA bolt-on’s and then I also realized I had to go with a clutch and possibly a shifter, that would of added another $1,500 roughly. That is where $5k comes from.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I would of had a cow if I spent $45k on this car, I purchased the car September of 2016. I balk at spending money in general. I could be a millionaire and be upset I spent $20 at a restaurant....

LOL.. i can respect that!

Jefe

Established Member
It is a bored and stroked 5.7 to 6.4, P&P built heads, mildish cam, and 2.9 Whipple built by Petty’s Garage. Apparently made 630 rwhp on 93. The build cost $30k and take all of this with a grain of salt as this was what I was told.
A used Hellcat would have been cheaper and much faster

Some people's kids....

GotGrunt

Established Member
Usually 11.8@116-118 is what a ton of guys with stock Boss’s run. The stock Boss record is 11.7 and the record trap is 119 from what I have heard.

I’d say the Boss is a solid low 12 second car with high 11s being possible with drag radials in perfect conditions. I’ve seen trap speeds vary between 114-116. Driver mod required.

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
A used Hellcat would have been cheaper and much faster

Some people's kids....

True that.

I’d say the Boss is a solid low 12 second car with high 11s being possible with drag radials in perfect conditions. I’ve seen trap speeds vary between 114-116. Driver mod required.

Yes, high 11’s on a drag setup and low 12’s stock tire. Driver mod and shifting luck with the car being stock.

Users who are viewing this thread