stock 2011 5.0 vs 2003 kenne bell cobra

04dreamcobra

When it runs, it's fast...
Established Member
BTW, I am a car person. So i like both. (but as a 04 Cobra owner i have to pull for my brothers!) So dont take what is say as a call out just to 5.0 guys, its for both... That, and i think it would be fun to watch.

Sick03Vert

Banned
I agree, if you check his thread I was the first response saying his 5.0 wasn't stock.

You do know that the average 03/04 ran high 12's/low 13's stock right? Just like the new 5.0. Yeah some Cobras ran mid 12's stock, just like the new 5.0.

From where I'm standing it looks like some 03/04 cobra guys are threated because they are a few notches down on the mustang food chain. Just like when you tell a sn95 cobra owner that his car is equal to the performance of a 99-04 2v gt:poke:

Not again.:nonono:

Can we PLEASE stop comparing GT vs Cobra? Please? They are two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT animals.

I swear, Ford gives the GT a little more punch, and the next thing you know the egos come out.

Call it a gut feeling...but I bet the majority of GT owners are going to be the younger guys with something to prove. The Cobra guys will be a little bit older and appreciate and know their cars more. That's the problem.

Anytime you have a new guy at ANYTHING come in and try to take over, you are going to have a lot of push back against that.

We SHOULD all be united..and I really feel that, spare the 5.0 crowd, we pretty much are.

You want to hang around and be part of the crowd, then don't go shooting off at the mouth about how you're the best and you know best. No different than starting a new job, for example. Just bc you THINK you know best, doesn't mean you start telling everyone what to do on day one.

I think none of this is going to help this thread though.:shrug:

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member

Can we PLEASE stop comparing GT vs Cobra? Please? They are two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT animals.

I swear, Ford gives the GT a little more punch, and the next thing you know the egos come out.

Call it a gut feeling...but I bet the majority of GT owners are going to be the younger guys with something to prove. The Cobra guys will be a little bit older and appreciate and know their cars more. That's the problem.

Anytime you have a new guy at ANYTHING come in and try to take over, you are going to have a lot of push back against that.

We SHOULD all be united..and I really feel that, spare the 5.0 crowd, we pretty much are.

You want to hang around and be part of the crowd, then don't go shooting off at the mouth about how you're the best and you know best. No different than starting a new job, for example. Just bc you THINK you know best, doesn't mean you start telling everyone what to do on day one.

I think none of this is going to help this thread though.:shrug:

Yup. And no, it won't help because the ones who need to fully comprehend this will not accept it.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
did anyone actually watch the vid? OP shut it down and threw the hazards on after the terminator had already caught and passed him. sorry OP, but you got beat by a cobra that couldnt even get its power to the ground. plain and simple. the hazards were a nice ricer touch.

[youtube_browser]rTTkQ8Z795Q&sns=em[/youtube_browser]

superman

Established Member
did anyone actually watch the vid? OP shut it down and threw the hazards on after the terminator had already caught and passed him. sorry OP, but you got beat by a cobra that couldnt even get its power to the ground. plain and simple. the hazards were a nice ricer touch.

Where were you standing. I didn't see you were my buddies was filming. The mail box was the finish line. I barely beat him but i beat him. Of course a 660 hp car will walk down a 350 hp car sooner or later. Why is everyone taking this out of context. 2 cars ran 1 got beat plain and simple--it just so happened to be the cobra--so what. and by the way it wasn't the hazards it was brake lights-we were coming to a curve-thought you would have seen that--oh i forgot you wasn't there:beer: thanks for the compliment(ricer touch):shrug:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member

Oh I see now, you don't want them compared because you feel the new GT is beneath you? I got it. So we should comape the Cobra to the GT500? It loses there too.

Dude you have a 03/04 which is a legendary car so why get bent out of shape because a better Mustang has been released almost 10 years later? Did you think a future GT would never match the performance of the 03/04?

You should take your own advice and stop knocking the GT because its a GT.

Lightnin440

Established Member
This thread is crazy lol I like them all...hell, if I could afford it right meow I'd have a CO or DSG Terminator & a KB GT 5.0 hahaha but alas, right now the Shelby is selfish & has a tight grip on the money tree...

Sick03Vert

Banned
Oh I see now, you don't want them compared because you feel the new GT is beneath you? I got it. So we should comape the Cobra to the GT500? It loses there too.

Dude you have a 03/04 which is a legendary car so why get bent out of shape because a better Mustang has been released almost 10 years later? Did you think a future GT would never match the performance of the 03/04?

You should take your own advice and stop knocking the GT because its a GT.

In a way, yes...the GT is beneath the Cobra. That's what the Cobra is...the high end model.

I never said anything about the GT500...but ok I will. I freaking love them and want one bad but can't afford it. Gee, don't I sound arrogant. :rollseyes

I'm not knocking the GT because its a GT. I'm calling the GT what it is..a GT...and NOT a Cobra, which means NOT the top of the food chain.

Do you KNOW your Mustang line up? Have you even noticed that the GTs even today sit snugly between the 6 and GT500? So why is there a GT500? Because its BETTER and FASTER than the GT. And yeah, I know there's the BOSS and other models too so don't be a freaking stickler.

Anyway, this is all on deaf ears. You can lead a person to the truth, but you can't make them accept it.

Here's a genuine idea: Try telling someone you drive a 5.0. Then try telling someone you drive a Cobra.

My money says you get WAY more reaction to the Cobra. Fanboys may not like that, but thats how it is. Don't believe me then try it.:rockon:

Sick03Vert

Banned

Sequential tail lights FTL. IMO. No hazards but they look like it.

VMC

Established Member
There's a simple way to end this...quit comparing cars from different eras. They are completely two different animals and should be treated as such. Sure, Cobra > GT. Cobras cost more for a reason, limited production numbers which equals exclusivity, and overall better performers.

But that statement is only valid for Cobras and GTs within the same era. I started out in an SN95 Cobra, which destroys GTs from the same year..but also gets its rear handed to it by the later era GTs. I understand how the Termi guys feel. It sucks to have a cheaper/less exclusive car give it to you.

So you have to take it for what it is. The Termi's are legendary, and deserve respect. But you guys also need to respect the progression of technology Ford has made since 03/04 and realize the new GTs are your competion now...and you might not be the big boys on the block anymore if you can't keep up with the curve. It's just part of the cycle, so happy modding, and remember we're all on the same team.

Lightnin440

Established Member
Amen to the "all on the same team" part...I wish more would grasp that. It's natural progression. A '67 GT500/'69 Boss 429 is a sick and well respected legend...fast as all get out in their time...but technology advanced on and on...100% same as with the Terminator's and now with the current GT500's. If they (Terminators)were STILL the end-all-be-all Mustang a whopping EIGHT years later, what would that say about Ford??? Now hopefully I don't have someone tell me I don't own a "real cobra" again hahaha

Sick03Vert

Banned
There's a simple way to end this...quit comparing cars from different eras. They are completely two different animals and should be treated as such. Sure, Cobra > GT. Cobras cost more for a reason, limited production numbers which equals exclusivity, and overall better performers.

But that statement is only valid for Cobras and GTs within the same era. I started out in an SN95 Cobra, which destroys GTs from the same year..but also gets its rear handed to it by the later era GTs. I understand how the Termi guys feel. It sucks to have a cheaper/less exclusive car give it to you.

So you have to take it for what it is. The Termi's are legendary, and deserve respect. But you guys also need to respect the progression of technology Ford has made since 03/04 and realize the new GTs are your competion now...and you might not be the big boys on the block anymore if you can't keep up with the curve. It's just part of the cycle, so happy modding, and remember we're all on the same team.

The competition should be the new Camaro, or some rice burners..not each other. It's that confrontational attitude that causes all the problems.

And I'm yet to have a 5.0 give anything to me except a bunch of bs.

I think the 5.0 crowd is the new SRT-4 crowd. Personally.

Lightnin440

Established Member
I will say this...I have driven a good buddy's new 5.0 (haven't driven a Terminator yet, but my other friend w/ a soon-to-be pulley/tuned '04 Terminator & I will prolly swap rides for some race/autobahn & GoPro fun) and DAMN, they are great bang-for-buck for the price and the power, esp. being in a GT package...now, that being said, the biggest question to me is not CAN the 5.0's make the big numbers...but HOW LONG over time will they hold it?? The venerable Terminator 4.6's/Shelby 5.4's have earned their mettle through the years...we have yet to see if the 5.0 will being as it lacks the stout bottom end from the SVT cars...I truthfully expect to be surprised by these 5.0's but this doesn't take away from the older stuff...the newer stuff should be and needs to be better. A Boss 302 5.0 is a bad SOB.

As for the fan-boys, truthfully, IMO EVERY single Mustang sect has them. I have met people who swear up & down with Fox 5.0's...guys who own Terminator's who think that they are the only "real" cobra's EVER made and that Coletti crafted them from God's own fingernail clippings...guys w/ GT500's who say anything less just looks like a regular Mustang and that they have the best because they were the most expensive...and 5.0 guys who think that their car will smoke EVERYTHING because they have the newest & most tech. advanced NA motor Ford has put out...You know what??? ALL of these people are of equal douche-baggery...

Lightnin440

Established Member
You don't even own a real cobra. :rollseyes

:lol1:

I had to double-take since I didn't know where the "blah blah blah" came from LOL Thanks though man, at least someone took the opportunity bahahaha I'm still amazed a Terminator owner was the first person to tell me this...although I want to believe he was joking hahaha

VMC

Established Member
The competition should be the new Camaro, or some rice burners..not each other. It's that confrontational attitude that causes all the problems.

And I'm yet to have a 5.0 give anything to me except a bunch of bs.

I think the 5.0 crowd is the new SRT-4 crowd. Personally.

If you found confrontation out of that, you are really looking for it my friend. I'm sure you're like most Termi owners on here and are nowhere near stock. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I suspect you have spent years upgrading and fine tuning your car to get the absolute most out of your setup. So report back when you find a 5.0 with comparable mods/wrech time and feel free to post up a video of the end result. I'm sure you'll find the competion you are looking for.

Competion amoung ourselves is completely healthy. I'd rather race a fellow Mustang brother and still have that mutual respect regardless of the result than line up next to a GM product and have my ear filled with a 100 reasons why they lost in the end.

The 2011/2012 5.0 crowd will thin out in a few years and the true enthusiasts will remain. So hopefully you'll be able to get along better then. Until then, let's not group everyone into a profile.

ihackenberg1086

As for the fan-boys, truthfully, IMO EVERY single Mustang sect has them. I have met people who swear up & down with Fox 5.0's...guys who own Terminator's who think that they are the only "real" cobra's EVER made and that Coletti crafted them from God's own fingernail clippings...guys w/ GT500's who say anything less just looks like a regular Mustang and that they have the best because they were the most expensive...and 5.0 guys who think that their car will smoke EVERYTHING because they have the newest & most tech. advanced NA motor Ford has put out...You know what??? ALL of these people are of equal douche-baggery...
couldn't agree with you more

2SlwPgy

Established Member
I was going to exact samething as VMC. Mod for Mod the new 5.0 vs Terminator is a Drivers race. Plenty of races on youtube that prove that statement. I always root for the Terminator but thats because I have one. LOL

Lightnin440

Established Member
I was going to exact samething as VMC. Mod for Mod the new 5.0 vs Terminator is a Drivers race. Plenty of races on youtube that prove that statement. I always root for the Terminator but thats because I have one. LOL

I agree w/ the mod-for-mod/driver's race viewpoint...beyond that, each car has their arguable strong points depending on the individuals opinion - forged internals/FI/IRS vs. VVT/NA/SRA. Just gotta pick your poison. I still would love to have one of each hahaha

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread