stock 04 cobra VS 05 Z06

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
Me and my friend (03MIKE) were hunting in his new 04 cobra and came up on a 05 Z06 getting gas from the 100 octane pump at 76 station in Fullerton he flip a bitc# and got up with him after he left 76 we came up to the light with no cars in front of us and revved him up, he revved back and it was on. I really expected us to get killed but when the light turned green we both punched it, the Z06 spun really hard (needed the driver mod) and we did but not nearly as much we went from a dig to about 130 and at the end of the run we had him by about three cars. To be honest I was really impressed with the way that the car performed, however, I was scared to death because mike wouldn't let up and we slid into a major intersection (about 6 feet) but hey winning is winning.

*Edit*Just wanted to add that the 04 did have a MAC straight shot and Eibach springs, other than that it's bonestock.

Last edited:

ttadriver

Established Member
04 Zo6= good kill
06 Zo6= that driver sucked

----
04 MB E500
97 Viper GTS b/w
93 Mustang Cobra teal
89 Anniv. Turbo Trans Am hardtop

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
hmmm... i think you probably beat the driver, not the car, but then again, anything can happen on the streets

but that said, a kill is a kill, and your friend must be a pretty good driver.

cory

countrysquire

Search then Ask
Established Member
Maxo869 said:
good kill...:rockon:

Be careful.. it sounded like you were going way to fast on city streets...

+1 Racing is a blast, but don't do it where you are possibly endangering other families and what not.

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
Good Kill.

I don't even think about street racing anymore. It's just not worth it witht he new laws in California. Automatic 30 days in jail and your car is automatically seized and can be sold plus fines and possible suspended l's

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
Give the guy a break. I mean every day there's a ton of street racing kills and nothing said.

Pic on all or none, just don't be wankers about it!!!!

Nice kill BTW :D

StangJason

Established Member
Nice kill but get ready for all the comments as follows:
#1 You beat the driver not the car
#2 If Ranger were driving you would have lost by a mile in a 1/4 mile race (something like that anyways)
#3:bs: You can't beat Vettes on the internet...well something like that
#4 :cuss:
#5 Street racings bad and your a bad person for doing it and and you should've died in a fiery blaze of metal, fuel and glass for doing it!

Last edited:

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Not to be sanctimonious but..., this is why I bitch at peeps racing light to light in town. I understand targets of opportunity but ya gotta know when to lift. Nice kill. The Vette needed a driver mod. Cobra's make enough power that a minor f-up will get ya a loss in something that might be faster.

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
StangJason said:
#2 If Ranger were driving you would have lost by a mile in a 1/4 mile race (something like that anyways)
Yeah but your just pissed cause in a strsight fight a C5 z06 is a faster vehcile stock for stock. Period!!!

Beating one in a slower vehicle SHLOUD be more satisfiying, however some :rolleyes:don't seem to understand this rather simple concept.

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
Red Devil said:
Slid into a major intersection? To bad it wasn't a train crossing. Then maybe the roads would be safer minus two morons.

first off it was 11 o'clock at night with no one on the road and neither one of us would have raced to those speeds in a populated area
(that would be stupid), second I seriously doubt that if you owned a performance car or even a semi fast car that you never saw what it could do? Let's all be realistic here.

Last edited:

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
300bhp/ton said:
Yeah but your just pissed cause in a strsight fight a C5 z06 is a faster vehcile stock for stock. Period!!!

Beating one in a slower vehicle SHLOUD be more satisfiying, however some :rolleyes:don't seem to understand this rather simple concept.

what do you mean straight fight? you couldn't even spell it, lol. I'll give you the vette should've been faster but when we hit third we pulled on him and kept pulling untill we had about three cars on him. The vette needed the driver mod, thats for sure.

RixSikcobra04

Red Devil said:
Slid into a major intersection? To bad it wasn't a train crossing. Then maybe the roads would be safer minus two morons.

Yep, here's ol' RedDevil with his 450 hp Cobra up on his soapbox:rollseyes . Dude, go to the "show n shine" forum if you're gonna put down people here in ROADKILL. I'm not advocating what happened and thankfully nothing did, but you're outta line sayin' what ya did....like you've never raced on the street before. BTW, cute kid in your avatar:thumbsup:

Good Kill by the OP!

Last edited by a moderator:

Z O SICK

Established Member
StangJason said:
Nice kill but get ready for all the comments as follows:
#1 You beat the driver not the car
#4 :cuss:
#5 Street racings bad and your a bad person for doing it and and you should've died in a fiery blaze of metal, fuel and glass for doing it!

lol, that about covers it all lol.

Oh, good kill btw.

rk_2000_Z/28

LS1 to SVT
Established Member
AJRED99 said:
it was a C5 ZO6
I'm not trying to be that "know it all chevy prick" but your thread says '05..That is the beggining of the C6 gen 'Vettes. If it was an C5 than it was no newer than 2004.

I think the reason you are getting some BS flags is because most people are probably thinking C6 with the '2005' in your thread title.

The C6 Z06 has the LS7 and is a little hard to believe that a basically stock Termi pulled 3 cars.

The C5 Z06 has the LS6 and close to equal stock for stock with a Termi and 3 cars is much more believable.

I just thougth I would point that out for you so you can clear things up a little more for folks.

Either way though good kill to your bud!

Users who are viewing this thread