stock 04 cobra VS 05 Z06

Robz

Established Member
rk_2000_Z/28 said:
I'm not trying to be that "know it all chevy prick" but your thread says '05..That is the beggining of the C6 gen 'Vettes. If it was an C5 than it was no newer than 2004.

I think the reason you are getting some BS flags is because most people are probably thinking C6 with the '2005' in your thread title.

The C6 Z06 has the LS7 and is a little hard to believe that a basically stock Termi pulled 3 cars.

The C5 Z06 has the LS6 and close to equal stock for stock with a Termi and 3 cars is much more believable.

I just thougth I would point that out for you so you can clear things up a little more for folks.

Either way though good kill to your bud!
The difference is about .7 stock for stock in the 1/4. Note sure if that is close but certainly close enough to win against a bad driver. Be safe. Hopefully the driver learned a lesson.

EvanStang

the "Hit Man"
Established Member
Nice Kill.... Don't worry about what people say, you beat the driver B.S.... You beat the vette.... Bench racing is for P#$$ies......

03MIKE

Established Member
Red Devil you should not be in the kill forum if you are going to talk shi* on the people that are posting kills.
P.S Red Devil my wife has a nice honda for sale if you dont like to go fast.

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
rk_2000_Z/28 said:
I'm not trying to be that "know it all chevy prick" but your thread says '05..That is the beggining of the C6 gen 'Vettes. If it was an C5 than it was no newer than 2004.

I think the reason you are getting some BS flags is because most people are probably thinking C6 with the '2005' in your thread title.

The C6 Z06 has the LS7 and is a little hard to believe that a basically stock Termi pulled 3 cars.

The C5 Z06 has the LS6 and close to equal stock for stock with a Termi and 3 cars is much more believable.

I just thougth I would point that out for you so you can clear things up a little more for folks.

Either way though good kill to your bud!

Thanks for the knowlegde, I'm sure it wasn't a C6 because the newer ones are very easy to recognize not to mention you would have to have one arm and own a manual to lose to a stock cobra in one of those, lol. I know it was a C5 but it look so clean and maintained that it could have past for new, so I was guessing an 05 but it must have been an 04 or earlier. Thanks for the chevy info.

Last edited:

caleb_cook

Established Member
thats odd?

AJRED99 said:
Me and my friend (03MIKE) were hunting in his new 04 cobra and came up on a 05 Z06...............we went from a dig to about 130 and at the end of the run we had him by about three cars....... however, I was scared to death because mike wouldn't let up and we slid into a major intersection (about 6 feet)

I will never call anyone out, but if you guys had 3 cars on the Z why did your bro hesitate to let up? That's a no-brainer. If you are up, by that far, why put yourself at risk by keep on keeping on?

AJRED99

"Almost Stock"
Established Member
caleb_cook said:
I will never call anyone out, but if you guys had 3 cars on the Z why did your bro hesitate to let up? That's a no-brainer. If you are up, by that far, why put yourself at risk by keep on keeping on?

Well to be honest with you we really expected him to start pulling on us so he kept his foot in it, but it never happened. Mike and I would have stopped if there were any other vehicles or people on the street but it was near dead and in a semi rural area.

Users who are viewing this thread