...Still having problems with Procharger

caseydp75

My wife's handpuppet
Established Member
Since I installed the Procharger (P1SC/3-core/8#) I've since upgraded to the SCT MAF, SVT Focus fuel pump, and SCT Excal2 tuned by JMS Chips. The problem is still the same as before. Runs pretty good idle-3500, and then pig rich above that. At first I thought it was leaning out and then responding with a full fuel dump, but the car idles with 30lbs of fuel pressure and then peaks a little over 40lbs at WOT. The funny thing is though, at about 4k RPM, it falls on its face running way rich and the fuel pressure drops. And the pressure drops with the RPMs which I'm guessing is due to the vacuum on the fuel pressure unit. Once the big fuel dump makes its way out the back, the car goes back to running pretty good in the low RPMs.

I've checked to make sure I'm not losing boost anywhere. I've checked all the obvious things. What else is there? Why is it running rich on the high end on all three programs from JMS? Quadcammer, you gotta know....

blown01cobra

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
Is it a dyno tune or a mail order tune? If it is mail-order JMS doesn't want to you to destroy the bottom end so they make the tunes on the rich side.

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
u likely need a diablo mafia for the air/fuel curve i have the same setup as u and i had a similar problem after round 4500 rpm the air/fuel was whack.

caseydp75

My wife's handpuppet
Established Member
The guys at JMS know that I wanted a safe tune for getting to the dyno and two other tunes that were as close as they could get to a final product. And the car does the same thing on all three tunes.

As far as the O2 sensors, I thought the same thing given that the car hasn't ran right for several weeks with several test runs. The first test runs were with a bad Diablosport chip that procharger sent me. The next set were with another chip from procharger that the pcm wouldn't recognize. In all cases the car would do the same thing - run richer than hell. Since the procharger has been on the car, I've been told it was the plugs, the MAF, the tune, and the fuel pump. I've bought everything to do it right, and it still runs like shit. How can I test O2 sensors?

caseydp75

My wife's handpuppet
Established Member
bobbystang, do you also have the big SCT MAF? The MAFIA appears to fix the problem of pegged MAFs. My SCT won't peg - or so I'm told.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
ok, lets see. it runs ok till 3k, pegs 40+ psi at wot, but then fuel pressure drops at the topend?

the returnless fuel system does have a tendency to overshoot the fuel pressure and have to correct, but it shouldn't be going so pig rich.

I know you've been dying to get this thing running, but the bottom line i think is that you need to have this thing dynotuned by a knowledgable person.

caseydp75

My wife's handpuppet
Established Member
Quadcammer, I'm afraid that if I can't get it running worth a crap without a tuner, something else must be wrong. I don't want to take it to a tuner only to pay to have him tell me something else is wrong.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
not always the case. some cars are just problematic for whatever reason. your problem could be as simple as the maf transfer table being slightly off or a something else. If there is a noticeable problem, the tuner should tell you right away and not charge you for a tune.

this is the kinda stuff you run into, it sucks, but we will all have a hard time speculating on the internet why this is happening especially with no codes, etc. it may end up that you spend more money throwing parts at it trying to fix the problem, then if you had gone to a tuner.

wish i could offer some better help.

caseydp75

My wife's handpuppet
Established Member
I'm trying just to get it driveable to the dyno. I'd think the money I paid would at least get me that much. And I haven't had time when the dynos were open, so I've been tinkerin'. Thta always seems to get me in trouble.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
Had a similar prob with my 94. Sounds like a Maf curve problem. for some reason the 90MM lightning maf curves on the net were not working. Idled great try to go and pig rich. I adjusted the maf curve up top and was able to dial in my AFR. Does your Tuner come with the software to change your maf curve.

caseydp75

My wife's handpuppet
Established Member
Venomous, I actually laughed out loud. Bastard. Funny guy.

type911, I just finished regapping the plugs from 32 to 25 and it ran much, much better. And I got the XCal 2 that comes with custom software and datalogging capability. The guys at JMS Chips said I could datalog for a bit and send them the file to look at and they'd fix my MAF curves. I'd try it, but I'm Oh-fer on fixing things on this project. But you're right on the money...

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
ok if you need to get it to a tuner..... put the stock belt on and bypass the blower put the stock MAF on too... drive to a tuner then sit in the parkinglot and put the maf and blower back on. Shouldnt take more than an hour tops.

The most important thing about getting it to a TUNER isnt to ge the best tune and most power, it is to get the best driveability, which you have none now, and the fact that a tuner can hook up to a data logger and tell you exactly what your car is doing and why it isnt firing.

caseydp75

My wife's handpuppet
Established Member
Quadcammer - Monty at JMS Chips told me to gap them there. He said that was where the best success was. And I'll have to say it was a bit smoother on the bottom end.

Venomous - Call me stubborn. It's just a personal battle at this point. And how's my charitable "Tow the terd" fund going? And I saw your video. Pretty weak if you ask me. hahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread