Stiegemeier Stage 5 Port & Tune Today

SVTRocket

SVT Fan
Established Member
I had the car dyno tuned today with Stiegemeier's Stage 5 port combo. It really woke the Cobra up! Mods when I brought it in were a JLT RAI filter and Borla catback.

The end result is with the Stage 5 combo (stock throttle body), 2.76 pulley, Sct tune (stock cats). What do you guys think?

Dyno.jpg

Thanks Stiegemeier:beer:

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member
Those are almost identical numbers to my stage IV with portet TB and plenum. Open up that exhaust and see what happens. Is your TB and plenum ported?

SVTRocket

SVT Fan
Established Member
I may get a different mid-pipe someday. I'd probably get another 10hp, but might lose low-end torque, where I stay most of the time. The combo includes ported tb and plenum.

The numbers for the stage 4 and 5 are very close, for sure. I think the difference is the stage 5 has fat torque across the rpm range and doesn't require a lower pulley.

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Most excellent! Actually would like to see what the graph would look like with the pull going to 6,200+ RPM, instead of 5,750.

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
Thats awesome! Now I finally have something concrete to look forward to. I know every car is different but now that's proof that I can hope for.:banana:

Can't wait til the end of the month!!!

01trublue cobra

Established Member
I may get a different mid-pipe someday. I'd probably get another 10hp, but might lose low-end torque, where I stay most of the time. The combo includes ported tb and plenum.

The numbers for the stage 4 and 5 are very close, for sure. I think the difference is the stage 5 has fat torque across the rpm range and doesn't require a lower pulley.

I gained low end torque with the MRT H-pipe

Last edited:

Mustang Matt

Established Member
Those look really similar to my motors numbers when it had a similar setup as yours. (Same dyno too) You have an extra 6hp and I am using a stage 4 port.

Are you on stlmustangs.com?

iBiTe03

Established Member
nice, im like 45 min from st. charles. i take all my stuff there...would like to see the a/f a little more steady though

jt239

Established Member
Thanks for posting! I'm planning on running the same setup with an upper pulley only, no lower. I was hoping my TQ would be a little higher tho...but your numbers are solid.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Congrats on the new mods and numbers man! I agree with Dwight that you need to pull to 6500rpms, going by that graph the car would have made more power with a longer pull.

A more free flowing midpipe won't cause any drop in low end torque that's an old myth. You will actually pick up low end torque and hp with an off road midpipe.

Users who are viewing this thread