stiegemeier porting???

Redfirecobra04

Established Member
blower cost

Cobra*Commander said:
I don't believe anyone has mentioned the costs associated with removal and installation of these blowers. If you are not mechanically inclined nor have the equipment to do so on your own I imagine this would significantly raise the cost. Speaking of, what can you expect to pay someone for this kind of work? :??:

This is the quote I got from Sean Hyland Motorsports (SHM):

Whipple blower: $3800 (polished)

Install of blower: $1700

Chip: $300

Dyno + Tune: $900

I was not pleased with the installation price of $1700. I was under the impression that it is a direct swap/bolt on in place of the Eaton therefore do not understand the high price but than again this is SHM I am talking about here.

03SVTREDFIRE

Established Member
Redfirecobra04 said:

I was not pleased with the installation price of $1700. I was under the impression that it is a direct swap/bolt on in place of the Eaton therefore do not understand the high price but than again this is SHM I am talking about here.

DAMN!!! if thats not some incentive to learn how to turn a wrench! and $900 bucks for a dyno/tune! thats absolutly crazy! Tell you what... give me half that and i'll install it and take it to MPH and have it tuned..

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
03SVTREDFIRE said:
DAMN!!! if thats not some incentive to learn how to turn a wrench! and $900 bucks for a dyno/tune! thats absolutly crazy! Tell you what... give me half that and i'll install it and take it to MPH and have it tuned..

good thing you found that out before u decided to buy the blower. this reminds me of the when i stripped a nut installing my line-loc. i towed my car to my friends shop and said "hey while your at it throw on these moroso track studs in the rear for me" when i got the $600 bill i was not pleased :mj:

Cobra*Commander

Established Member
Redfirecobra04 said:

I've been given 2 quotes now for removing and installing the stock blower...both qoutes were for $400. I think this is fair. Isn't it?

Redfirecobra04

Established Member
I think it is. Does the Whipple and/or KB come with instruction on how to install? I am talking about step by step including torque values etc..

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member
S.V.T. said:
so basically STFU and save it for smack-down or posters that actually deserve your redicule.

I would check the spelling on ridicule before someone calls you a moron.

sofaKINGfast

Established Member
does anyone have a pic of thier IV port job...I like to see what it looks like...I've seen a couple of designs ...can anyone post some pics.

04cobracop

Established Member
Go straight to Whipple or KB. Trust me, I wish I would have just purchased a KB. I love the gains from my ported eaton and N20 combo, but just the ported eaton alone not that impressed. Just my .02 cents. Good Luck!!!

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
Ive had my port for a while now and I love it! say I get a whipple tomorrow I could sell my ported blower for $350-$500 on ebay and all the injectors and mafia and BAP I would need for the whipple anyways. So in the end it would really cost me a couple hundred bucks to have that jump in horsepower for now. hope this helps good luck.

03SVTREDFIRE

Established Member
Cobra*Commander said:
I've been given 2 quotes now for removing and installing the stock blower...both qoutes were for $400. I think this is fair. Isn't it?

Most of the shops i know of charge by the hour.. not a flat rate for a certain job. somewhere along the lines of 40-50 dollars an hour. which would put the blower swap about 8-10 hours, i did it myself in the garage in about 4 hours with a second set of hands twice removing/mounting the blower(s) and to help with lifting the front of the blower to get at the IC bolts on the front of the manifold. Cobrabob's website has a detailed "HOW-TO" on this process and there is also a thread here on SVTP in the How-to section.... it's really not difficult if you can follow directions

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
dsrtdukone said:
I would check the spelling on ridicule before someone calls you a moron.

i'm glad you sifted through all of these posts to come up with this.. :lol:
way to troll +1. we all make mistakes and mispell sometimes. i believe it's human to arror isn't it? :loser:

try me again, or wait.. do i give a damn? :idea:

Spade

Established Member
I have a Steggy IV and I like it but I wish I would've held out for the twin screw. The power from the Steggy port is more than enough but, like most of the people on here, gets bored with their 500+/-whp.

See sig for numbers.

Spade

03DOHC

Established Member
sofaKINGfast said:
does anyone have a pic of thier IV port job...I like to see what it looks like...I've seen a couple of designs ...can anyone post some pics.
I don't remember which one I have but here's a pic when I installed it.

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member
S.V.T. said:
i'm glad you sifted through all of these posts to come up with this.. :lol:
way to troll +1. we all make mistakes and mispell sometimes. i believe it's human to arror isn't it? :loser:

try me again, or wait.. do i give a damn? :idea:

I would check the spelling on misspell before someone calls you a moron. :poke: Yes. I am stalking you.

On a side note: I chose to skip the Stiegemeier port job, and have ordered my Whipple. I did drive a friends Stage IV, and was very impressed with the "seat-of-the-pants" gains.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
my blower would no be ported had i not had access to a machine shop. steg. is a great option for those who want to keep the eaton, and have no desire to go twin screw. but otherwise, its a waste of $700+ dollars. you might get some money back if you sell the eaton, but not all of it, and its kind of a hassle. i did a decent port job on mine using a 5 axis cnc, did it free, picked up around 20hp, and didnt pay a thing. all the money i saved went to my whipple fund.

userob2002

Banned
S.V.T. said:
ok bud this isn't a bashing forum, leave that to smack down.. secondly trueblueGT didn't call anyone out specifically.

and thirdly get your facts straight before you open your mouth, makes a n00b seem less like a n00b around here..

http://www.stiegemeier.com/
Level IV port ON SALE: $695.00
TB & PL Port (not included): $275.00
What does that yield?? $970.00

Hence, a full Stiegemeier port is $1,000.00 on sale or not -- gaskets, tax, shipping, etc, etc.. and this is just porting.. if you port and polish than you're really spending more than a thousand bucks..

so don't bash people that are just as knowledgable and have been here longer.. TrueBlueGT has a point - wait longer, save more, and buy the bigger blower instead of doing BOTH as many people in this thread have suggested..

so basically STFU and save it for smack-down or posters that actually deserve your redicule.

New Sale Price

Stage IV with TB and PL 60+ HP
16+ ft #s TQ $695.

Users who are viewing this thread