stiegemeier porting???

BLOWN4.6

Established Member
I was just wondering if a stiegemeier stage iv porting is worth it? im planning on either getting my eaton ported or getting a whipple. i need some imput thanks..:??:

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
Definately worth the $, but if you even considered the Whipple, save your $ and go right to the top!

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Dont get me wrong, Stieg ports get some great gains on Cobras, but it doesnt compare to a Whipple. Id go straight for the Whipple.

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
If you didnt plan on buying the Whipple asap, i would definately get the ported eaton in the mean time! Great hp gains with the port for a small cost.

Blown 4-banger

Fixing GM's Mistakes...
Established Member
How much would it cost me to get my M62 ported by Stiegemeier? I'm thinking about porting it myself with a dremel and a few hundred bits.

BLOWN4.6

Established Member
this is for the people that have a stage iv port on there cobras. any regrets of having ur blowers ported??????

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
steg does great work.. however if you are going bigger blower, invest in the bigger blower and by pass modding the heaton.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
If you end up wanting more power then go the ported eaton and throw a 100 shot on top of it. My plan is to go that route; will end up giving you more or equal power for less money as well. Just another thought for you.

mrose75

Established Member
You ought to figure out what your goal is first. I'm going Steige. I have no intention on spending $3-4 K on another blower. I have no real need to have 600+ HP or 500 for that matter, but I'll keep it around that figure. It'ss just not worth it to me to go that high. You may have other intentions with your car. That should be your first decision.

JoePac

Established Member
Their way worth it for the price, but save some cash and go for the big boys, KB 2.2 Whipple 2.3, KB 2.4, 2.6 2.8 and of course you heard of the whipple 3.3 Right? But, really you can get a good 2.2 kb for a real good deal about now!!!

porsches4lunch

Established Member
I decided to just GO FOR IT and get a Whipple. I agree though that if you can't afford it right now then IT IS definately worth the price.

03SVTREDFIRE

Established Member
I just installed a steg stg 2 ported eaton that i bought from a member on here.. i am happy with the power i made 505/474 on a 2.8 upper only but am already planning on a KB... but thats just me.. either way you go.. you'll be happy

Mach2

Banned
Pm sent, porting not worth it. And if you think you will be able to sell the eaton just check the classifieds here on svtp its full of guys who are hoping to get rid of theres. I had to almost give mine away and was glad to see that pos go.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Some of you guys' financial logic is so fcked it's almost funny. "If you can't afford the _______ right now, go ahead and drop a grand on porting the eaton." Not like you needed that 1K for the kb/whipple or anything. Christ some of you guys are dumb.

porsches4lunch

Established Member
TrueBlueGT said:
Some of you guys' financial logic is so fcked it's almost funny. "If you can't afford the _______ right now, go ahead and drop a grand on porting the eaton." Not like you needed that 1K for the kb/whipple or anything. Christ some of you guys are dumb.

Porting is NOT 1K it's $500.00
Some folks Could spend $500.00 and wait a year or so THEN maybe get a Whipple or KB which is a MIN of $3,800.00 when you factor in injectors and fuel pump and MAF. Boy are you a freakin idiot :loser:

whi tri

Established Member
I love my ported eaton and steig did an awsome job but I'm to the point where I have to spray the hell outta it because I just need more.

Users who are viewing this thread