stiegemeier porting???

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
TrueBlueGT said:
Some of you guys' financial logic is so fcked it's almost funny. "If you can't afford the _______ right now, go ahead and drop a grand on porting the eaton." Not like you needed that 1K for the kb/whipple or anything. Christ some of you guys are dumb.

+1 SAVE the money for the KB

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
porsches4lunch said:
Porting is NOT 1K it's $500.00
Some folks Could spend $500.00 and wait a year or so THEN maybe get a Whipple or KB which is a MIN of $3,800.00 when you factor in injectors and fuel pump and MAF. Boy are you a freakin idiot :loser:

ok bud this isn't a bashing forum, leave that to smack down.. secondly trueblueGT didn't call anyone out specifically.

and thirdly get your facts straight before you open your mouth, makes a n00b seem less like a n00b around here..

http://www.stiegemeier.com/
Level IV port ON SALE: $695.00
TB & PL Port (not included): $275.00
What does that yield?? $970.00

Hence, a full Stiegemeier port is $1,000.00 on sale or not -- gaskets, tax, shipping, etc, etc.. and this is just porting.. if you port and polish than you're really spending more than a thousand bucks..

so don't bash people that are just as knowledgable and have been here longer.. TrueBlueGT has a point - wait longer, save more, and buy the bigger blower instead of doing BOTH as many people in this thread have suggested..

so basically STFU and save it for smack-down or posters that actually deserve your redicule.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Thanks, Jake:beer: I was pretty trashed this morning when I made my post & probably couldn't have found steggy's site for reference prices if my life depended on it.

My concern with doing a ported eaton is more along the lines of the amount of stress placed on the motor by maxing out a roots blower. The same power could be made at a lower boost level with a twin screw, I believe, as well as have lower iat's to boot. Granted, the twin screw will cost you a pretty penny, but the kb 2.2's have been selling on here for mid to low 2K's. I haven't looked into this enough to know for sure, but it would make sense that a more efficient blower could make the same power at a lower boost level which would place less stress on the engine.

edit: as I set here thinking about this, basically all I did was expound on the virtues of a twin screw when we all know they are better. The allure of the ported eaton is simply in the affordability of it vs the twin screw. YMMV.

Or, if I'm wrong, at least it sounded good to me:shrug:

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
BLOWN4.6 said:
this is for the people that have a stage iv port on there cobras. any regrets of having ur blowers ported??????
No regrets here. I would definitely do it again.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
03DOHC said:
No regrets here. I would definitely do it again.

Obviously everyone is different, but do you ever wish you'd kept the money & bought a twinscrew? I think I'd be perfectly happy with the ported eaton but it's good to talk to those who've already made the move....

BlackSunshine13

"The Princess"
Established Member
S.V.T. said:
ok bud this isn't a bashing forum, leave that to smack down.. secondly trueblueGT didn't call anyone out specifically.

and thirdly get your facts straight before you open your mouth, makes a n00b seem less like a n00b around here..

Hence, a full Stiegemeier port is $1,000.00 on sale or not -- gaskets, tax, shipping, etc, etc.. and this is just porting.. if you port and polish than you're really spending more than a thousand bucks..

so don't bash people that are just as knowledgable and have been here longer.. TrueBlueGT has a point - wait longer, save more, and buy the bigger blower instead of doing BOTH as many people in this thread have suggested..

so basically STFU and save it for smack-down or posters that actually deserve your redicule.

Not to start a argument or anything but at www.stiegmeier.com it says $695 for "Stage IV with TB and PL". That kinda sounds like the whole package to me. That is what I am planning on doing. Its going to be a couple years before I even think about a blower change.

Last edited:

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
BlackSunshine13 said:
Not to start a argument or anything but at www.steigmeier.com it says $695 for "Stage IV with TB and PL". That kinda sounds like the whole package to me. That is what I am planning on doing. Its going to be a couple years before I even think about a blower change.

my bad, you're correct. however it is still more than $500 bucks. there is also other necessaries as i and truebluegt previously addressed that you'll need.

but you are correct! :beer:

03DOHC

Established Member
TrueBlueGT said:
Obviously everyone is different, but do you ever wish you'd kept the money & bought a twinscrew?
No. I didn't have the money for a whipple or kb then and I still don't.

Let's ask the question; if I had the money would I buy a twin-screw? Of course I would.

porsches4lunch

Established Member
S.V.T. said:

Maybe you should read before you open YOUR mouth.

1- I said I PERSONALLY did not spend the money and went straight to a Whipple

2- I was not the one who said "Christ some of you guys are dumb" and became personal first

3- Yea i am a somewhat of a NOOB on this forum, and now i remeber why.

4- I was posting my OPINION and think that your buddy would be a little more mature than to call someone stupid for thinking differently.

5- Happy new Year

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
porsches4lunch said:
Maybe you should read before you open YOUR mouth.

1- I said I PERSONALLY did not spend the money and went straight to a Whipple
good for you :thumbsup:
porsches4lunch said:
2- I was not the one who said "Christ some of you guys are dumb" and became personal first
yea, but he didn't call anyone out, so it really wasn't personable.
porsches4lunch said:
3- Yea i am a somewhat of a NOOB on this forum, and now i remeber why.
well, at least you admit it.
porsches4lunch said:
4- I was posting my OPINION and think that your buddy would be a little more mature than to call someone stupid for thinking differently.
did he call you stupid? no. did he call anyone in particular stupid? no. if he did please correct me.
porsches4lunch said:
5- Happy new Year
thanks buddy, you too.

04torchred

Established Member
Honestly I am going to give the Stage IV port a try first. The ported eaton route alone is costing me around $1500 give or take $250 either way. Factor in a new clutch and you are over $2000 in no time. The ported eaton is a good way to get all the supporting mods first, injectors, MAF, BAP and any other fuel system upgrades that cost money. In all honesty I really want a turbo setup for the car as it just has more potential so I may pass all together on the screw. I would rather make 650-700rwhp on pump gas then be pushing a screw hard for those numbers, but that is my logic. I will let you know when my ported eaton is on if I am disappointed with it and I will be honest.

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
04torchred said:
Honestly I am going to give the Stage IV port a try first. The ported eaton route alone is costing me around $1500 give or take $250 either way. Factor in a new clutch and you are over $2000 in no time. The ported eaton is a good way to get all the supporting mods first, injectors, MAF, BAP and any other fuel system upgrades that cost money. In all honesty I really want a turbo setup for the car as it just has more potential so I may pass all together on the screw. I would rather make 650-700rwhp on pump gas then be pushing a screw hard for those numbers, but that is my logic. I will let you know when my ported eaton is on if I am disappointed with it and I will be honest.

people with 2.2 kb's are making a hair over 600 on pump..
wonder whatcha could do with that 2.8 kb or that monster whipple :coolman:

Cobra*Commander

Established Member
I don't believe anyone has mentioned the costs associated with removal and installation of these blowers. If you are not mechanically inclined nor have the equipment to do so on your own I imagine this would significantly raise the cost. Speaking of, what can you expect to pay someone for this kind of work? :??:

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
520rwhp/499rwtq with 2.7 top + stage 4 port....stock headers/midpipe...

Last edited:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I have a stg IV, but I did buy it used. Friend was stepping up to a turbo. It only had a few miles on it and I def. don't regret it. I will def. be in the 10s with it when the track opens back up. Look around and see if you can find a good deal to save some money to have more pwr. now. Then get the whipple or KB when you can afford it. I race within a budget so it was the right move for me, but to each his own. Maybe later I'll pick up someone elses handmedowns and outrun them with it.

Users who are viewing this thread