Stiegemeier Porting Services

Were you satisfied with Stiegemeier's service and support?

• Yes

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • No

Votes: 31 56.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

St_Evo

Established Member
Bought a Stage 4. Put it on the car. Made a little power sounded good. Tried to get more power out of it called them about it. They told me to change intakes/Maf /Plugs / Tuners. Changed around some things... didnt make any more power.

Sold it and took a bath on it. Upgraded to a whipple never been happier. Customer service was about Par for the course i didnt get cussed at :)

I know when we put the Snakebite on my friends car it didn't put down the numbers we were hoping for so we called Stieg and he recommended that we remove the cats. We took all 4 out and it didn't pick up a single HP...lol. That was pretty disappointing but it happens. I think the biggest problem with ported blowers is how many people advertise HP #'s. If I was going to offer any recommendations to Stieg I would advise them not to advertise HP #'s so much. I know the blowers should put down 500hp+ but it's not going to be the same with every car.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I had a Stage III blower and it honestly performed great and had no issues with Stieg when it was on my car. The few times I talked to him he was pleasant and nice. I had Posi re-port my blower simply out of liking him on a personal and professional level, along with the obvious greed of wanting more power. My issues and what brought me to be a Posi promoter was Bob's attitude towards competition along with potential customers that questioned him. The way he's handled himself on this forum and others, the claims he's made on here and his personal forum regarding competition, his blatent ignoring of issues and questions, along with how he's handled things behind the scenes (pm's etc) has turned me away from ever using or recommending Bob again.

Good question, I doubt that out of 33 people 17 of them had a bad experience with Stieg. This forum is full of people that are all about Posi porting which I can understand because he is making some serious power but instead of just staying out of the Steig threads they choose to try to bring down his business by making uneducated comments. This doesn't go for all of them of course but it shows how immature people are...

Seeing as your being a member of SVTP only goes back to July you have no idea of the fiasco that transpired over the last year or so since Brian has gotten serious with his porting business. This and other forums were very very Pro Steiegemeier, the fact that the tide has turned and now Posi porting is the favored (aside from the obvious power gains) is due to Brian's attitude towards his customer's and other members in general in comparison to how Bob/Robyn tend to handle their issues. Do some research and browse through some old threads, what may be left of them, and see how Brian wasn't exactly welcomed with open arms and Stiegemeier was very much the "top dog".

I doubt anyone would be banned for listing a bad experience...Lol. Didn't you have a Stieg ported blower before you switched over to Posi? Either way your car is awesome and it has ran some serious times. Maybe I should start a thread changing my Stieg blower to a Posi blower and see what the power difference is...

Hmmmm, the SVTP moderation rep eludes you I guess.

All this ported blower drama makes me want to buy a KB.:rockon:

That's rational.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Can you post the link where you posted the difference in #'s? Believe it or not I am not a nut swinger either way. I researched both companies when I purchased the ported blower and both parties were super nice and helpful. I would love to send my blower to Posi and make more power if it was that easy but who could guarantee that the gain would be worth the cost...? That is the only thing that holds me back from trying it...

let me look....

here it is. pretty detailed imo. I did it because the blower was off the car already and like stanggt, was hungry for more and thought more could be had. there is ALWAYS someone better out there w/ better tools, better knowledge or better experience......hell even better luck.

remember...this is an AUTO car. the gains on a stock car would be a wee bit higher on the dyno.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/567429-re-ported-blower-dyno-inside.html

Last edited:

St_Evo

Established Member
My issues and what brought me to be a Posi promoter was Bob's attitude towards competition along with potential customers that questioned him. The way he's handled himself on this forum and others, the claims he's made on here and his personal forum regarding competition, his blatent ignoring of issues and questions, along with how he's handled things behind the scenes (pm's etc) has turned me away from ever using or recommending Bob again.

Seeing as your being a member of SVTP only goes back to July you have no idea of the fiasco that transpired over the last year or so since Brian has gotten serious with his porting business. This and other forums were very very Pro Steiegemeier, the fact that the tide has turned and now Posi porting is the favored (aside from the obvious power gains) is due to Brian's attitude towards his customer's and other members in general in comparison to how Bob/Robyn tend to handle their issues. Do some research and browse through some old threads, what may be left of them, and see how Brian wasn't exactly welcomed with open arms and Stiegemeier was very much the "top dog".

I guess that is the bad part about the whole deal. Just a few months ago I was digging for info on both companies and everytime I called Stieg they answered my 32 million questions and gave me great service. When I called Posi I would never get an answer or a return call. I finally got a hold of him a few weeks after trying and he was very cool and answered all of my questions, unfortunately it was too late. Thier are threads all the time about which company to choose and I have never heard any Stieg customer bad mouth Posi in any way but everytime someone starts a Stieg thread every Posi swinger in the country has to chime in when they havent even had a bad experience personally with Stieg.

I'm not going to argue with you guys b/c both of you have nice cars that put down a ton of power and you both are very respected on this site. Once again, the point of this thread was to educate and not to take sides or steer people away from Posi.

let me look....

here it is. pretty detailed imo. I did it because the blower was off the car already and like stanggt, was hungry for more and thought more could be had. there is ALWAYS someone better out there w/ better tools, better knowledge or better experience......hell even better luck.

remember...this is an AUTO car. the gains on a stock car would be a wee bit higher on the dyno.

It looks like you made a good decision and your car runs great with the Posi port. You made the comment how people were flaming you for your decision and I didn't see it in your thread so I was just curious. BTW...nice rubber ducky.:)

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
It looks like you made a good decision and your car runs great with the Posi port. You made the comment how people were flaming you for your decision and I didn't see it in your thread so I was just curious. BTW...nice rubber ducky.:)

edited for content

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
I had a Steig port years ago. Case flex caused it to have rotor/case contact. It turned me off on the whole ported blower idea. Went to a Magnum Powers case and left ALL ported Eaton trucks behind me. Yes, I have the quickest 1.8 liter Roots blown truck in the world. Both "boost only" and with nitrous.

Over time the ports have proven more durable than I had believed. And they improved performance wise. The most recent offerings by Steig IMO have just been more $$$ with little/no gains and greater risk of failure. The "Snakeoil" blower modification just vexes me. Customer service/treatment as seen across the boards has been poor. I do not reccomend Steig's services at all anymore. That was not always the case even though I had a bad experience. I always thought those on a budget had gains to be made using Steig. Now there are better choices.

Jim

St_Evo

Established Member
This may be a dumb question but is it possible to over port a blower or make it less durable?

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
I think I have a latter-life Stage III but the Cobra put down 520 rwhp with the appropriate "free" t-shirt to prove up. I was pleased with the product and have heard nothing but kudos to the shop. Be well.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
This may be a dumb question but is it possible to over port a blower or make it less durable?

Not a dumb question at all. This is a very real concern when porting the Eaton. There have certainly been some home porters and other professional porters who have pushed the limit here. Thus far, I have never heard of any durability failures that can be directly attributed to the removal of too much material, but time will tell.

St_Evo

Established Member
Not a dumb question at all. This is a very real concern when porting the Eaton. There have certainly been some home porters and other professional porters who have pushed the limit here. Thus far, I have never heard of any durability failures that can be directly attributed to the removal of too much material, but time will tell.

One of the main reasons that I went with Stieg was b/c of how many blowers he has ported. I seen all the huge #'s that Posi blowers were putting down but I have always thought if it was too good to be true then it probably is so I played it safe and went with Stieg. Maybe it was a bad choice but I'm happy with it. I know everyone makes mistakes...*cough* like the tq plates *cough*...but I just figured that their experience had to count for something.

Users who are viewing this thread