Steve McQueen is alive?

spiritasvoidas

Established Member
:pop:

[youtube_browser]rBRPy8n2L3E[/youtube_browser]

Would be very interested to see the specs. I think the stang has more power (on the straight pulls like a train) and driver is badass!

Last edited:

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Damn, I want to see tons moe of these heated/aggressive laps. That Mustang was obviously lighter then that Porsche. There were many many close calls with drivers getting too close to each other. I'm surprised that the Porsche & the Stang didn't exchange fender paint with each other... !

This clip ended at such a good moment...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Man, that Mustang was a rocket! I downloaded and saved this one. Great video!

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
Yep, that was awesome! You could definately tell the Porsches were able to outbrake him.

Better brakes and some tweaking on the suspension and the Mustang would walk 'em. :rockon:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I wonder just how much more power the Ford has to be able to pull on them like that.

Depending on how much it weighs, I'd guess 150-200. It could be a 2400# car vs 3000#

It's one thing to pull on a car in a conventional roll race when you are both hitting it at the same time, but to pull (more like blow past) on a car with clearly superior corner exit speeds is crazy.

Monster Mach

Established Member
Only real time the porche caught up was when there was traffic... the mustang moved out... it had to be a autobot

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
Could be a Griggs, Paul's Automotive Racing or Agent47 Mustang conversion, I know Griggs and PAE have done several early Mustangs that can hang with the best of them. PAE fielded a 65' Mustang coupe that won the NASA AIX Championship in 2008 and Griggs just finished a full GR-350 suspension install on a '67 with a built LS7.

Last edited:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I had no idea steve mcqueen was such a badass! (slight hijack)

Military service
In 1947, McQueen joined the United States Marine Corps and was quickly promoted to Private First Class and assigned to an armored unit.[6] Initially, he reverted to his prior rebelliousness, and as a result was demoted to private seven times. He went UA (unauthorized absence) by failing to return after a weekend pass had expired. He instead stayed away with a girlfriend for two weeks, until the shore patrol caught him. He resisted arrest and as a result spent 41 days in the brig.[6]
After this, McQueen resolved to focus his energies on self-improvement and embraced the Marines' discipline. He saved the lives of five other Marines during an Arctic exercise, pulling them from a tank before it broke through ice into the sea.[6] He was also assigned to an honor guard responsible for guarding then-U.S. President Harry Truman's yacht.[6] McQueen served until 1950 when he was honorably discharged.

Users who are viewing this thread