Steigemeier Stage V Torque Plate Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
When I wrecked my car last winter, I needed a new heat exchanger, but the guy from Nationwide thought it was an intercooler, so he quoted me for a new OEM intercooler, and it was a hair over $900, IIRC.

I thought they were pretty close to a $G......

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
jesus christ this has gotten around ! just goes to show what a tight knit community we svtr's are. i don't know about u guys but i learn a great deal from this site and it has saved me lots of time and money in many other ways modding the car. i hate that this big of a shit storm had to become of it but looking now at the potential money and problems we will all save the drama i have had to go through is well worth it in my eyes. guys if u have a stage 4 or 5 i strongly recommend u remove it and have a look. the saddest part too me is all the poor guys that will never see these threads and there hard earned money is flying out the tailpipes. guys if u don't have the money to have posi or steve correctly port ur blower than at least remove and take the torque plate off. this could in fact potentially save u thousands by spending a little time removing the blower and having a look see. i was very lucky too find before it caused major damage !!!! i hope i have been of some real help to people by starting all this.

Your hard fought efforts have made up my mind in this situation.

My car is my only toy worth a damn and I love it. Too cheap of a fix to overlook.

Thanks Supercarkiller. :beer:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Unfortunately unless this is 'fixed' somehow, those stuck holding Stage 5's will have ZERO value in the blower if they ever want to upgrade to a TS or Turbo......

This is another huge concern that I hadn't really thought about!:cuss: Up until now, it has been my experience from watching the market for the past few years that you would lose little, if any money on a "professionally ported" blower - especially one of the higher Steig "stages". Now with all this bad press you'll be lucky to flip one for the value of a stock Eaton - if it sells at all!:bash: I just wish I had listened a long time ago when so many people on here suggested to just skip the port, and save for a TS! At the time, I figured, "hey, what the heck, I don't have the money for the TS, but I can enjoy the port until I can, and not lose anything on it". Guess I screwed the pooch on that one!:bash:

Fourtrax250R

Established Member
thank goodness for this information getting out there, becuase i know i wouldnt want to be on a nice cruise to the beach and have the plate come off bouncing around in there 2 hours away from home. next week i will be removing my stage 5 eaton to inspect it. Does anyone know if the plate in any way is for structural integrity of the blower because of all the porting?

hinds04

Established Member
What is the point of this piece of aluminum anyway? posi does nothing like this and gets better numbers. Sounds like its just a needless problem...

Boobinspector

Established Member
What is the price of a new intercooler now from tousley? I know you can find them used for about $300, but I thought brand new was a lot more.

From my unfortunate experience. New from tously I think is about $600. I luckily found mine used in the market section for $280.

By the way after inadvertently filling my motor with water no it did not start. It would pump over a mi-nute amount and then come back. Luckilly with good advice from you and Dwight I was able to save the motor. And now it is a little beast, running with no issues.

By the way Stegie. Maybe you do not want to disclose your thoughts due to you thinking that someone might use your ideas. But this beyond that and understanding was the people here need and want. This what this forum is based on. We are in the end car guys, so help a fellow car understand. Not the drama but the evolution of this design and why the torque plate was deemed neseccary.

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
guys if u are near me and have a stage 5 blower i would be willing to meet u at one of my shop's and help remove the blower free of charge and give u a week to store the car inside. as i would only be able to help one member at a time with the storage of a car, we could even have several removed in same day if ness. if the cars could be stored elsewhere. i'am willing to help in any way that i can too save u guys some money on the labor as would do it for free in a heated shop and not in the damn cold(lol). serious up guys if ur near me and need help, shoot me a pm and i'll help in anyway i can. times are tough and money isn't as easily obtainable as it once was. i'am ballin on a budget(don't know bout u guys).

Last edited:

sc98cbra

Established Member
Orders blower back in 6/2008
eaton stage 5 port

7/2008 talks about racing someone and how his car "Hooks up"
iam pissed

9/2008 Talks about spray bar and feeling the difference. Never returns with Dyno #snitrous spray bar for heat exchanger

10/2008 Ask about cams. For someone who claims to know a lot he doesn't know shit.what type of cams should i buy?

11/2008 Ask about low psi, Look at the responses, Never says if he fixed it or not.help only 12lbs of boost

2/2009
Goes to meet, Post 12 says he never noticed a difference with the spray bar. (Not what he said earlier)
Post 17 says his Stage 5 working well and beat all other cars.
SVTP virginia get together pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

\\.

The bolded parts look like they're your comments on the situation, Bob.
I thought you didn't swear? Such a naughty person. Instead of posting your Lame A** advertisments that you seem to post in every thread, maybe you should attempt to solve this problem...

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
some of u need to check pics and vids for the oxford white cobra with the snakebite. yikes !!!!!!!!!!!

VtekII

Established Member
guys if u are near me and have a stage 5 blower i would be willing to meet u at one of my shop's and help remove the blower free of charge and give u a week to store the car inside. as i would only be able to help one member at a time with the storage of a car, we could even have several removed in same day if ness. if the cars could be stored elsewhere. i'am willing to help in any way that i can too save u guys some money on the labor as would do it for free in a heated shop and not in the damn cold(lol). serious up guys if ur near me and need help, shoot me a pm and i'll help in anyway i can. times are tough and money isn't as easily obtainable as it once was. i'am ballin on a budget(don't know bout u guys).

thats kool of you man. i saw the thread about the 2K milkshake as well.:nonono: u wanna pop down to nebraska and help me rip mine off and ship her down to posi?

JMD0346

Established Member

Thats big of you man.:beer:

Anyone in or around Columbia that needs help let me know as well. Ill cut you one hell of a deal and let you store in my garage or my shop until the blower comes back.

Ill even remove the plate and clean it up for you if you dont want to deal with stiegemeier and you feel comfortable with me doing it.

We can get this done ourselves if we have to gang.:beer:

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
good move man ! i would never feel comfortable with one of those blowers on my car ever. makes me sick to think about the 6 hour ride to mustang week and what could happend ?????????? this is why i love this site and this is why i made original post. i really like where this is going. i'am dead serious about my offer. thanks too JDM0346 for pitching in too. here we have another member who's willing to help ! glad too see there still some of us still left out here, thanks man.

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
Just for the record I don't think the blower is to blame for my headgasket blowing, so I hope no one thinks that.

iBiTe03

Established Member
I wish i had a bigger garage i would help anyone near the st.louis area. I can come help anyone if needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread