Steggy stage 4 dyno numbers

Screamin_Heaton

At war with STALL issue
Established Member
I have an early stage 4 port when they first came out. I had my car dynoed before and it did not feel like it was running as it should. Come to find out it was running with 25 degrees of timing, (tuner failed to mention he set the car at 25) and I have never put race gas in the car.
After reading some messages and seeing a lot of positive things about Dan at Pro Dyno, I decided to take a trip down there. I was very pleased with both Dan and Robs work and attitudes. I went there to get my car tuned properly and to try to fix the stalling problem I was having. The stall is 90% gone but it still has happened once more, and I occasionaly see some rpm dips. I hope it is cold weather related, but for the most part I'm pleased.
Mods are in signature and the only thing I changed this time was adding the injectors. Old numbers were 502hp and 481tq.

Happy Dyno?

Dyno.gif

res0n0xg

Established Member
Your numbers aren't as inflated as much as others who use that dyno apparently. I'd say they are high on the HP, your TQ is fairly inline with what it should be. Also though, you should be running out of fuel and should need a BAP, the tuner should of recommended that.

Screamin_Heaton

At war with STALL issue
Established Member
No BAP. In fact I asked about that, Rob advised not to go with the boost a pump. He said he had seen or known of lots of pumps that have gone bad, and they had BAP's on them. He advised to either go with twin focus pumps cause they don't require upgraded FPDM, or twin GT pumps and upgraded FPDM.

Not my views, so all the people with BAP's don't be harsh, I'm just relaying the information I was given.

No BAP. In fact I asked about that, Rob advised not to go with the boost a pump. He said he had seen or known of lots of pumps that have gone bad, and they had BAP's on them. He advised to either go with twin focus pumps cause they don't require upgraded FPDM, or twin GT pumps and upgraded FPDM.

Not my views, so all the people with BAP's don't be harsh, I'm just relaying the information I was given.

So what is your FPDC at? I'm at 88% at thats with an unported blower and I also have the PPRV delete which is supposed to give a little extra space. I'm curious as to what he said your FPDC is.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice numbers. Of course being STD they're going to be higher than had they used SAE. A conversion to SAE would put you to just a tad above average for your setup. I'll bet the car feels nice rowing through the gears, eh?

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Your numbers look good! Pro dyno has a reputation for putting out some happy numbers occasionally, but your's don't look like they're too far off base. I didn't notice any exhaust mods in your sig, you're not running stock exhaust are you?

Screamin_Heaton

At war with STALL issue
Established Member
Your numbers look good! Pro dyno has a reputation for putting out some happy numbers occasionally, but your's don't look like they're too far off base. I didn't notice any exhaust mods in your sig, you're not running stock exhaust are you?

Totally forgot to put my exhaust setup, even as mild as it is. Corrected sig. Would LT's be any better?

your lucky you are not buying a new engine with 25 degrees of timing and no race gas.

I completely agree with you on that one. I was VERY lucky. On the other hand I haven't driven it too hard when it was tuned by the other guys. I have only really gotten down on it once since the new tune (2nd-3rd) but it does feel like a pullin SOB, compared to last time.

Users who are viewing this thread