Steggy 7 Port Numbers?

SNK-BITE

Established Member
Anyone seen or heard about numbers on steggs stage 7 port? All I can find are numbers on his 6. His website "claims" 65 rwhp but I believe that was the same numbers claimed on his 6 as well. Real world experiece here is always welcomed:beer:

4601S/C

Established Member
I think it's a pretty new update. I doubt many people (if any) have it yet. I wouldn't expect it to be much different from the last update.

matt87

Established Member
ya its kinda like iphones and computer processors, gotta add a new model every year just to keep the sales machine going. really a marketing ploy more than anything else. dont know how much more useful power adding mods can be added to the eaton.

SNK-BITE

Established Member
ya its kinda like iphones and computer processors, gotta add a new model every year just to keep the sales machine going. really a marketing ploy more than anything else. dont know how much more useful power adding mods can be added to the eaton.

I figured thats what going on there. Kinda like all 1,000,000 versions of AOL, and all 200 of the rocky movies.

Hopefully steggy will chime in cause I would really like to know what so different between 7 and the other 6. Efficency, IAT's, boost, hp/tq, something has to have changed or atleast I would hope so anyways.

Maybe he has a left handed tech doing the porting now and somehow the left handed sanding has magically changed the flow characteristics of the blower:shrug:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Haha I laughed so hard at this post! ^ they've really rubbed me the wrong way with how they act on the forums, it's a shame they are the only ones who really still do porting for the Eatons.

SNK-BITE

Established Member
:lol:
Reminds me of a post Jason made in a different thread.
OP, just wait for the 7.1 version.

I know right. Guess I rustled some feathers with another steggy thread. In my defense I did quiet a bit of searching before hand.

7.1-? I was under the impression that would'nt be out till christmas time frame. I hear they are switching from craftsman to snap-on air sanders&grinders and that alone accounts for the HP increase over the 7.

2003cobra22

Corn Fed
Established Member
Anyone seen or heard about numbers on steggs stage 7 port? All I can find are numbers on his 6. His website "claims" 65 rwhp but I believe that was the same numbers claimed on his 6 as well. Real world experiece here is always welcomed:beer:

I have the stage 7 with a 2.8 upper put down 460rwhp 418tq on 106 degree day after 2 hrs of tuning so it was pretty heat soaked, 91 octane gas 17-18 degrees timing..gonna put a killer chiller on soon then dyno again to see.

Users who are viewing this thread