• PRO 5.0

Votes: 63 48.8%
  • OTHER

Votes: 22 17.1%

• Total voters

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by LCCOBRA
Go with the pro 5.0 you won't be sorry. I tried both pro and tri-ax and ended up selling the tri-ax. I just dislike the way the tri felt and overall was unhappy with it. And the MGW handle is great.

:coolman:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Whitesnake2001,

Got the material from McMaster-Carr.....it's a silicon/rubber based product that comes in 12" by 12" sheets for about $9. Can modify about 5 shifters with one piece. PM me if you want more info.

SynMan5.0

Established Member
Originally posted by 03gobluecobra
Yeah I'm looking at the same two right now. For some reason it takes a ton of effort to shift into 2nd and 3rd. I basically have to shift like I'm power shifting every time, just so I don't grind gears, which still happens. I busted open my knuckle on the dash yesterday while downshifting, so I think its time to get those stops in so I don't overshift.

I think your biggest problem is the way the factory clutch is adjusted. Every '03/'04 Cobra I've driven (and I've driven quite a few) seems like the clutch doesn't totally disengage. Get an aftermarket clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster (UPR, Steeda, etc.) and you will notice a WORLD of difference. I did everything short of the quadrant and firewall adj. in my '03 and nothing really helped. Switching to Mobil 1 ATF helped a tad, but trust me. Get the firewall adjuster. The stock shifter is about as tall as a truck shifter and just as vague feeling, so you should definitely get a new shifter too. This time around I'm going to take my own advice and get a Pro50 shifter and put a Tri-ax handle on it.

Buddy

Established Member
Originally posted by fubu795
can someone please tell me what the MGW shift handle is and where do I get it?

Try a "search" under MGW handle. The website is www.mgwltd.com. The handle is unique due to its adjustability: long, short, slanted away, toward you, etc. It has rubber washers, gaskets which can add to sound insulation/less vibration. At $37.00 it's a deal!

CountySoldier

500 RWHP SVT COBRA
Established Member
OK SO I HAVE THE PRO-5.0 AND I END UP CHANGING STATIONS ON THE RADIO WHEN I SHIFT FORWARD. MY KNUCKLE HITS IT!! WHAT IS THIS "MGW" HANDLE? I DON'T RECOGNIZE THE INITAILS?

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by CountySoldier
OK SO I HAVE THE PRO-5.0 AND I END UP CHANGING STATIONS ON THE RADIO WHEN I SHIFT FORWARD. MY KNUCKLE HITS IT!! WHAT IS THIS "MGW" HANDLE? I DON'T RECOGNIZE THE INITAILS?

http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang.html is the web address. It's worth the $30 bucks, used to be $37 like Buddy said but because of upr's rip off of a shifter handle he lowed the price for us:) . mgw is great I plan on ordering more from them.

TRBO VNM

because of upr's rip off of a shifter handle he lowed the price for us:) . mgw is great I plan on ordering more from them. [/B]

I have the MGW handle, but would like to know what handle you are talking about from UPR. Are you talking about the trick shift handle on their website? they have had that thing or variations of it for yrs now. I had one of the originals like 3 or 4 yrs ago if not more. I don't understand the fuss with UPR and tried PM'ing someone about it with no response.

Annihil8or

Got Fever?
Established Member
I had the Triax installed, drove Baldsnake's car with the Pro 5.0, ordered the Pro 5.0 immediately and installed it the minute it arrived. I would rather change to an automatic transmission than go back.

The Pro 5.0 is far superior in function and feel to the Triax in my opinion. It has the smoothness of soft butter yet feels very precise and quick.

Annihil8or

Got Fever?
Established Member
Originally posted by fubu795
can someone please tell me what the MGW shift handle is and where do I get it?

I believe "akaeric" on this forum has one for sale probably at a reduced price. He says it is brand new. Good luck.

Annihil8or

Got Fever?
Established Member
Originally posted by vipergts281
I have a Tri-Ax and I don't see what the big fuss is about aftermarket shifters. I actually considered going back to stock but was told that an aftermarket shifter is better for the tranny.

Call me crazy, but I don't care to much for my Tri-Ax.

I don't think you are crazy! I think you are discovering what many have - The Triax is an over-priced and inferior shifter. I had one, drove Baldsnake's '03 with the Pro 5.0 and immediately replaced the Triax.

I don't like wasting money, the Triax sits on a shelf. I don't care - the satisfaction I get when I drive the car is well worth the price.

kilroy