stated value insurance plan

Ron_B

Established Member
Im looking for a little information on stated value car insurance plans. who offers them? do any of you guys have them? what are the requirments to qualify for one? thanks!

BMR Tech

I use Grundy Worldwide for my 2004 Cobra.

I have the car insured at $20K. I do not have a restriction on mileage, but I also do not "take advantage" of that either. I put about 1500 miles/year on the car.

I am pretty sure you have to be 25 yoa, have a clean record, have another car for daily use, and a storage for the car. I had to prove those, as well as in-depth pictures of the car and modifications. I am pretty sure if you have an accident/issue....and say, you bought a new CF hood....if it is not listed, and they don't have a pic, it isn't covered.

Check it out:

Grundy Insurance

I was going to use Hagerty, but I was not fond of the plan details and coverage. They also told me that I would have a mileage restriction each year.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I use Hagerty on my 69. There are some very basic rules but other than that it's not really an issue.

I told them what it should be valued at and sent pics and they agreed.

BMR Tech

I use Hagerty on my 69. There are some very basic rules but other than that it's not really an issue.

I told them what it should be valued at and sent pics and they agreed.

What I thought was weird about Hagerty, was, I read online where they stated that they did not have a mileage restriction. I called them to clarify some of the policy details, and the rep told me that I would have a mileage restriction.

I was kind of baffled, as my friends said they didn't have a restriction. That was the only deciding factor in my decision to choose Grundy.

Does your policy have a mileage restriction?

jcthorne

Established Member
When I had my 65 GT, I looked hard at Grundy and Hagerty. Neither could touch the rates State Farm had already offered. As part of my SF file, we had a certified appraisal on file and the underwriting department agreed with it as it was median range for the car. No mileage or use restrictions. I even drove it to work once in a while.

Don't dismiss mainstream insurance too quickly, a good agent that knows how to work with the underwriting department can have a collector car covered just fine and at very competitive rates if you are a long time customer with good history.

DNT H8

Established Member
Hagerty here... amazing customer service, they do not check or ask my milage. When I called around they had competitive rates, but what got me is how professional they were (their website is the best of the bunch too).

A buddy of mine had a 6 grand claim on his Duster... he said Hagerty was awesome through out it all.

BMR Tech

But, keep in mind, the some of the "large" companies use the same company for their Specialty/Collector policies. I requested a collector policy through Geico, and it ended up being the same company that many other companies use; American Modern Insurance

After researching customer experiences, and speaking with each company, I chose Grundy. I saw a large number of negative complaints/issues from American Modern customers.

From what I have been told, State Farm has an excellent option/policy for "collector" or "specialty" cars. Assuming they do not use American Modern, if I still had them (SF) for my standard policy, I would without a doubt have my Cobra insured through them as well.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
What I thought was weird about Hagerty, was, I read online where they stated that they did not have a mileage restriction. I called them to clarify some of the policy details, and the rep told me that I would have a mileage restriction.

I was kind of baffled, as my friends said they didn't have a restriction. That was the only deciding factor in my decision to choose Grundy.

Does your policy have a mileage restriction?

I don't have any restrictions. They asked how many miles a year I put on it and for shits I said 15K and they didn't say anything negative.

They ask in the beginning to get an idea of the profile. But there are not true limits like 10k or 20k.

Eds01Lightning

Established Member
Well, from what I understand .."stated" value does not necessarily mean that you get that amount in the event of a total loss if the Ins company determines that they can replace it for less. With "agreed value" you get that agreed value amount in settlement of your loss regardless of the replacement cost.

Ron_B

Established Member
thanks for the info. it sounds like agreed upon value is the way to go. those with state farm is that what you have? agreed value? how is state farm with it? thats who i have for regular insurance

Users who are viewing this thread