Star Wars Rogue One

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
So where exactly does this movie fit into the series? Right before A New Hope or during it?

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I havent seen it but am trying to figure out where in the time line does this movie place itself? Han "dies" in The Force Awakens but in A New Hope he is in the same time line as Vader.

So is it:
Force Awakens - Han/Kylo Ren(Han dies?)
Rogue One -Vader/Han
A New Hope - Vader/Han

Then how does Han exist at the same time as Vader in a New Hope when he is killed by Kylo Ren in Force Awakens?

Can someone time line it out for me? I love Star Wars but am totally confused at the sequence. I need to rewatch them all.....

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I havent seen it but am trying to figure out where in the time line does this movie place itself? Han "dies" in The Force Awakens but in A New Hope he is in the same time line as Vader.

So is it:
Rogue One -Vader/Han
A New Hope - Vader/Han

Then how does Han exist at the same time as Vader in a New Hope when he is killed by Kylo Ren in Force Awakens?

Can someone time line it out for me? I love Star Wars but am totally confused at the sequence. I need to rewatch them all.....
What in the hell are you talking about?

BlueSnake01

Established Member

So is it:
Rogue One -Vader/Han
A New Hope - Vader/Han

You love Star Wars but can’t figure that out? :eek::confused:

Make it easy from the first movie that came out

New Hope = Episode 4
Empire Strikes Back = Episode 5
Return of the Jedi = Episode 6
Phantom Menace = Episode 1
Attack of the Clones = Episode 2
Revenge of the Sith = Episode 3
Force Awakens = Episode 7
Rogue One = Episode 3.5

So putting it in order it would be

Phantom Menace = EP 1
Attack of the Clones = EP 2
Revenge of the Sith = EP 3
Rogue One = EP 3.5
A New Hope = EP 4
Empire Strikes Back = EP 5
Return of the Jedi = EP 6
Force Awakens = EP 7

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

New Hope = Episode 4
Rogue One = Episode 3.5

Phantom Menace = EP 1
Rogue One = EP 3.5
A New Hope = EP 4
Force Awakens = EP 7

Roque One is more like EP 3.9 lol

great movie. i was thrown off a little by the lack of scrolling story in the beginning and that they didnt play the standard SW theme song when the movie starts. they went quite different.

everyone i was with thought it was long. but when you actually sit down and watch the originals, theyre very long and rather slow paced. i was amazed at how they did Tarkin and then Leah at the end. that was cool. its kind of scary that they can do that now. maybe marlon brando or charlton heston will be in a new movie soon. or paul walker in the next F&F.

it was great how all the spaceships and uniforms and even backgrounds look the same as EP4. that was a nice, seemless blend. i thought all the characters were good. i did think it was kind of dumb that the monk guy was able to take out a bunch of storm troopers with a stick. not to mention, when anyone else gets shot they show a nice blaster wound but when a storm trooper gets shot it seems like their armor doesnt even have a scratch.

anyone else notice that when the Rebel ships prepare to jump to hyperspace at the end vader's ship suddenly appears and a bunch of rebel ships crash right into it. they only showed that for a split second and everyone i was with missed it.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah I caught the ship thing. Thought it was awesome. As far as the monk goes...it not like he was killing the storm troopers, just incapacitating them. As evidenced by his machine gun buddy shooting one that was getting up. I think the only thing that really bothered me was when the monk took down the tie fighter with his laser weapon, then later on said weapon did not obliterate the storm trooper it hit.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member

New Hope = Episode 4
Rogue One = Episode 3.5

Phantom Menace = EP 1
Rogue One = EP 3.5
A New Hope = EP 4
Force Awakens = EP 7

You gotta admit, that can get quite confusing. Thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
You gotta admit, that can get quite confusing. Thanks for the clarification.

if you were just asking for timeline i get it. But you threw in some random Vader/Han question that made absolutely zero sense.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
if you were just asking for timeline i get it. But you threw in some random Vader/Han question that made absolutely zero sense.

While stating he's a huge fan. That's like the old "I'm a huge die hard Cubs fan!" *can't name a single player*

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member

Was a timeline question along with asking about where the Force Awakens and the new movies come into play. I haven't seen the new movie and people keep saying Vader was in it at the end.

People jumping down my neck on a movie I stated that I have not seen. I did not know where this movie came to play in the time line.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Looking back at it now I am confused at what I was thinking. Thanks for the clarification on both parts.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I loved it. Gonna have to watch it another couple times and let it settle before I see where I rank it with the others.

I liked:
* the uniqueness they gave the Anthology (no scroll, different music, etc)
* Tarkin, K-2SO
* overall story, and the true dire struggle the rebel crew went through
* tying up some loose ends in the EpIV story
* the power struggle within the Empire
* good guys didn't necessarily wear white hats, bad guys didn't necessarily wear black hats
* cinematography was great
* final scene

Didn't like:
* the CGI on Leia looked like a a cartoon compared to the quality of Tarkin's CGI. I would have just assumed they never had her turn around, or maybe just a rear 3/4 view. That's probably literally my only complaint. I really enjoyed it.

Users who are viewing this thread