Stainless works exhaust problems...

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
Chris..I have your 11-12 gt500 kit and installed it on my back in my garage by myself with my suspension loaded on jack stands...it fits perfect and sounds amazing.

the issues aren't based off the older model years. this is based on the new 13/14 years.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
the issues aren't based off the older model years. this is based on the new 13/14 years.

Same chassis. Mine is 3" all the way back just like yours...same basic mouting style also. I have installed the retro catback on a 14 for a friend as well so I'm familiar with both versions...same amount of clamping and finesse required for both.

Last edited:

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
no its not the same...
not arguing with you, just telling you that its not.
stainless will also tell you this if you feel like contacting them.

trust me... the several of us on here that have experienced problems have been in contact with them... that is when they feel like returning calls or emails. as well as a couple of the vendors on here that i have spoken to... they aren't happy w/ their customer service either.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I will be calling tom.
I will be going to Norwalk/Summit Motorsports Park for test ad tune Fri and Cedar Point with the family on Sat.
If George is still willing as we discussed, I will drop it off this weekend, but I'm still disappointed in really no communication.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Well, it took awhile to make it happen, but my car is finally at SW and I am VERY excited to see the results.
Had a great time touring SW with George, my brother and a friend (Competion member on here) yesterday, looks like you guys with Xs are in luck, the plan is to adapt the current mid-pipe to exchange the center piece for an H, the entire system was impressive as was the facility.
I'm looking forward to hearing the full SW kit on my car soon and sharing the results.
I have also been in touch with Van from Revan racing on this, the goal will hopefully allow the current header design to be tweaked to allow engine lowering for the big blowers.
My car will go right from SW to the local dyno I just had it on to see how much power was gained. Not sure if I can get it back to track next year, but I may wait for power mods to see how much just the full exhaust improves my [email protected] from last outing!
Again, happy to support a local USA company and hopefully improve the products for our cars!
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Also, I brought the BMR panhard support bar with the car so they can check the fit with this.
My car is completely stock underneath with the exception of a Ford Racing adjustable panhard rod to center the rear. The stock panhard bar and the BMR brace were given to SW to check for any issues, so hopefully this helps as most guys who are doing exhaust will also be doing these common suspension upgrades.
I also am willing to buy an engine lowering kit to have them check this with the headers as many here have posted issues with one of the tubes when installing big blowers.
George seemed confident the product can be improved to meet the goals of power hungry GT500 owners :rockon:
And I can assure you George has a severe case of the HP addiction we share, right on :rockon:
-J
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread