Stainless Power Headers

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
They don't look great for E85, the oxygen sensors sit pretty much flat.

edit: maybe they're all that way, was looking at ARH and the O2 position is the same on them.. bummer

Last edited:

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
bringing this back to life.

Any one getting these headers and having any issues?

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
Thanks, Maybe I will give them a shot. The comparison of these vs the stainless works made me a little weary, they didn't look too good

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
They vibrate because they hit the drivers side k member. My stainless works headers do the same thing, hit the drivers side k member. I'm never buying another SW product because of that.

Yeah, there's maybe half an inch of clearance between the header and k member. It's so close it just vibrates. Definitely audible but it only seems to happen at that rpm

Same here, but mine hits the passenger side...never using SW again!

zsommer79

Established Member
Given the pain in the a$$ that can be caused by fit/finish issues I am willing to just pay more the first time to avoid them.

SILVER-BULLET

Established Member
Given the pain in the a$$ that can be caused by fit/finish issues I am willing to just pay more the first time to avoid them.

They fit well on mine. I did install a bmr Kmember at the same time.

The rear section of the xpipe was close...just didn't have a pipe expander to get it done without cutting the stock pipes.

Jhernandez93

Established Member
On american muscle i got the pypes longtube polished headers for 549 and shorty midpipe for i believe around 300. Welds look great and I am getting them installed today, I'll let you all know how they fit.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
On american muscle i got the pypes longtube polished headers for 549 and shorty midpipe for i believe around 300. Welds look great and I am getting them installed today, I'll let you all know how they fit.

always hit us vendors up.

I could have saved you quite a bit on that one. Next to SW/SP, pypes is our 2nd biggest mover.

The stepped is a pretty good design, especially for the n/a guys.

Users who are viewing this thread