03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
:banghead:

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2

headbang.gif

prostkr

Established Member
The dyno sheet says the car is lean until nearly 5500 rpms. You might want to add in some fuel, before you need to order pistons. Std correction factor with 5 smoothing Ill guess?

Avispa

Established Member
Those numbers are just fine.

You could easily get away using 60# injectors with that setup. The 80s may be overkill. It would be easier to tune for decent gas mileage for regular cruising with 60s.

00gmsonoma

Established Member
Those numbers are just fine.

You could easily get away using 60# injectors with that setup. The 80s may be overkill. It would be easier to tune for decent gas mileage for regular cruising with 60s.

Is that boost drop off common for the eaton being spun that hard or do i need dragon and aftermarket intake?

cj428mach

Established Member
Is that boost drop off common for the eaton being spun that hard or do i need dragon and aftermarket intake?

Wether its true or marketing hype but this is from the whipple website.

No "boost drop off" (stock Eaton is 13 psi @ 4000 and only 10.5 psi @ 6000).

SS EATR

Established Member
Hopefully my car will be in the same power area once I fix my head issues, on the same amount of boost as you I only made 476/490 sae corrected with 30% leak down on two cylinders

Avispa

Established Member
Not to ask too dumb a question, but did you disconnect the "boost dump" solenoid from the pressure system connection to the boost bypass actuator or otherwise disable the boost dump system? If that system is still working, it would account for some of your boost drop off; the solenoid changes the actuator connection from boost (to close the boost bypass) to a small vacuum reservoir hanging out of the vacuum harness on the passenger side (so that the boost bypass will open).

00gmsonoma

Established Member
Not to ask too dumb a question, but did you disconnect the "boost dump" solenoid from the pressure system connection to the boost bypass actuator or otherwise disable the boost dump system? If that system is still working, it would account for some of your boost drop off; the solenoid changes the actuator connection from boost (to close the boost bypass) to a small vacuum reservoir hanging out of the vacuum harness on the passenger side (so that the boost bypass will open).

i deleted my egr and i took all that stuff off there and ran all new vacumn hoses to the boost actuator and rail censor. I followed the diagram in the how to section and where to hook it up and i left the back port of the acuator to dump into the air.

jetmech

Established Member
OP, Hope you got your tune corrected as others have said, you're way too lean! You should be in the 11.5:1 afr range from 3000-6200rpm.

Users who are viewing this thread