ST1 corvette start up

racebronco2

Established Member
I few people know i am a crew member on Corvette ST1 race team. I finished putting the spare engine together last week. On Friday we dropped a valve, car was running on Saturday evening. First start up, 1/2 throttle, only revved up to about 5000rpms, didn't want the neighbors to complain. Car was tuned for 530rwhp to be legal pounds per hp.
ST1 Corvette ready for Nationals. - YouTube

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
F*** your neighbors! Open it up! LOL. My neighbors used to blast rap at all hours. When I had the Z06 I'd go out there and rev it up a few times. They got the point...

racebronco2

Established Member
I hope to get a few video's tomorrow. We had to retard the timing by 3 degrees to that we are around 530hp. We still we are 30hp over the limit. Took two more degrees out and made the tune a little richer. Hopefully we are close to the 530mark.

heypal

What? Where am I?
Established Member
How many cars ST1's are making it to Miller this year, I know st2 has a big field this year.

racebronco2

Established Member
How many cars ST1's are making it to Miller this year, I know st2 has a big field this year.

5 ST1 and 5 STR1 cars. This year they are in the same run session. One Viper was dq'd, way too much hp. Had to add 500lbs to be legal. Decided to run SU instead but is several seconds behind. We dyno'd at 564 running extremely lean. Had to add fuel and remove several degrees of timing to get it down to 541rwhp.

Sounds sick :rockon:
Cammed LS7 only or build LS7?

Forged stock bore LS7 short block with ported heads and a big nasty cam. Some where around 570 lift and 222 duration.

MFE

Established Member
Hot cam idles will become less and less common and less and less relevant over time as variable valve timing becomes more the norm, but they will always give me a boner.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Does that sound nasty or what! Yeah, I'd say it is definitely ready to rumble! :)

Users who are viewing this thread