srt8 vs vortech mach 1

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Well a street race can be just as bad as the track.I raced a young kid in what was probably his Daddy's 04 cobra when I had my mach 1 it too was a roll race. dam kid bounced the rev limiter every gear he shifted :nono: beat him by a few cars things happen on the street and the faster car does not always win.
Mods to the mach again? Pending those, I could see that against a young ignorant tool in a stock cobra. That's different than a guy with a blown mach.

Personally, I think the mach owner was toying with you.

i had a buddy that wasted a crapload of time on a vortech kit on a mach1 got it tuned bla bla bla, all that turd made was 400 hp, problem was that the damned thing built boost SOOO slow. It would hit 8lbs at the top of the rpm range. I just know that i hate wasting my time and money and not seeing results, and from the 325 (before) to the 405 (after) i just woulda been pissed to have to practically had to custom fit a vortech for only 80 hp. But its not my car, and ONLY my opinion, those of you who have done this more power to you.
Then A) your buddy's setup was wrong (mainly Fuel delivery) or B) his tuner sucked ass.

Oh...and you don't need anything 'custom' for a vortech kit on a mach. Only 'custom' needed is IF he decided to use an ATi I/C.

Please....stop spreading that around as you obviously don't have the entire story. And.....build boost slow?.....dude..please. Something was up with that.

Let me ask........What boost, and what kit? Was it aftercooled, intercooled, or neither? TOO many variables.

Guy in the mach is either lying about his mods or cant drive......OR u are either lying about not using the nitrous or just ran into a guy that really couldnt drive.

Dont know which one of those it is but i Bet 20$ it is one of em.lol.

:lol:

Last edited:

zexsrt8

Established Member
My mach had 430 gears offroad x pipe and flowmaster cat back,shortthrow shiffter and 275 40 17 M/T drag radial tires.This was a crazy set up for light to light races:banana: the race with the kid in the 04 cobra was from a roll I was in second gear about 3000rpm. It was pathetic How bad of a driver this kid was every time he shifted it would bounce off the rev limiter.

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Good run.
While I agree that a blown Mach should pull a SRT-8, ya never know.

There's a couple of them on here, just ignore them.
Not until you showed up.
How you have not gotten banned yet, I do not know... :nonono:
Neither do I.

Personally, I think that's why he is gone for a week or so at a time. He knows he'll get banned if he doesn't take a 'small' break.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
About the Termi's, i swear that I remember reading something about them loosing a lot of power if they werent properly broken in. It does make a lot of sense, my friend had a stock 04 Termi (bought it new and raced it, stepped on it first day he bought it and alot other days), another friend had an STI with CAI, exhaust and down pipe. From a roll the Termi barely put a car on the STI (neither driver miss shifted, I was with my friend in the Termi), both cars had two people. I raced my friends STI with my Cobra and I pulled about the same if not a bit more from a roll. My brother on his Termi (he took care of it and didnt race/step on it till it had 1k or a lil above miles) would pretty much pull on the same STI easily, with little to no sweat (Termi was stock at the time).

zexsrt8

Established Member
:bash: my bad but really are you a spelling B champ or is your mommy proof reading everything you write ? Really come on do you lose sleep over this kind of stuff? :beer:

FutureCobraGuy

Established Member
If drive like you type then i'll call :bs: everytime! We don't have to be spelling B champs, but it sure would make it easier to read if you would use the correct words.

burnzilla

Established Member
:bash: my bad but really are you a spelling B champ or is your mommy proof reading everything you write ? Really come on do you lose sleep over this kind of stuff? :beer:
Did someone just quote a typo and try and make a point out of it?:lol1:

You win! You got em there!
:lol:

Seriously get a life.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread