srt8 vs vortech mach 1

zexsrt8

Established Member
Well think what you want. but shi$ happens sometimes. Have you never won a race that you should not have? there is lots of guys that can't drive are there car may not be in good tune. What is so hard to understand:??:

Last edited:

nelos04

Established Member
thats funny A while back when I was at the track there was a mach with a vortech hitting 15's I was like WTF disapointment,I was lloking up to the car when I saw it on the parking area I got out of line to watch his run couldn;t believe I got a way better run than he did just with a drop in K&N.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Well think what you want. but shi$ happens sometimes. Have you never won a race that you should not have? there is lots of guys that can't drive are there car may not be in good tune. What is so hard to understand:??:
What's so hard to believe?....you were not even a full car behind in a lighter stronger car with better gearing and you dont' get the BS flags? and it's not like this was a 20MPH spirt.

tell that to dum dum :loser:
YOu do realize there's a HUGE difference between a 50-120 street race and a 0-1320' track race right?.:poke:

zexsrt8

Established Member
Is his car lighter? of course.Stronger? should be. Better geard? sure. Like I said in my vary first post I have had a mach 1 and know they are dam good race stock for stock.But this is how it went down.His car was in need of a tune are he can't drive for shi$ not my problem it is what it is :poke:

Last edited:

BayareaSS

Established Member

Sure i have but i haven't beat any cars that should be a full second faster than me in the 1/4 mile and trap 8-10 mph more than me. Oh you did lose this race. Somebody can't be that bad of a driver LOL

Robotech

Established Member
I once ran a Whippled Cobra in my Whippled GTP. First race I spin off the line and loose by a good 2.5 cars with him pulling away. Second race I get a good launch and pull out to a car and a half lead. Back half he starts realing me in but not enough room to catch me. I ran a 12.9 to his 13.2...which was better than his 13.3 of the first race. (Mind you this was at LACR...2700' and 110 degree weather.) Both of our cars were on street tires, full street weight, and 91 pump gas. He was really cool about it too. Couldn't believe I was only running a V6...LOL

I hear BS about that race all the time. Yet this was at a track and I have times to prove it. Don't let these guys get to you. You were there. They weren't. Is there some reason why it turned out the way it did? I'm sure there is...but who cares. It is what it is.

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I once ran a Whippled Cobra in my Whippled GTP. First race I spin off the line and loose by a good 2.5 cars with him pulling away. Second race I get a good launch and pull out to a car and a half lead. Back half he starts realing me in but not enough room to catch me. I ran a 12.9 to his 13.2...which was better than his 13.3 of the first race. (Mind you this was at LACR...2700' and 110 degree weather.) Both of our cars were on street tires, full street weight, and 91 pump gas. He was really cool about it too. Couldn't believe I was only running a V6...LOL

I hear BS about that race all the time. Yet this was at a track and I have times to prove it. Don't let these guys get to you. You were there. They weren't. Is there some reason why it turned out the way it did? I'm sure there is...but who cares. It is what it is.

As I stated before.....there's a huge difference between 0-1320' drag race, and 50-120 roll race. Main thing.....launch.

zexsrt8

Established Member
Well a street race can be just as bad as the track.I raced a young kid in what was probably his Daddy's 04 cobra when I had my mach 1 it too was a roll race. dam kid bounced the rev limiter every gear he shifted :nono: beat him by a few cars things happen on the street and the faster car does not always win.

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
i had a buddy that wasted a crapload of time on a vortech kit on a mach1 got it tuned bla bla bla, all that turd made was 400 hp, problem was that the damned thing built boost SOOO slow. It would hit 8lbs at the top of the rpm range. I just know that i hate wasting my time and money and not seeing results, and from the 325 (before) to the 405 (after) i just woulda been pissed to have to practically had to custom fit a vortech for only 80 hp. But its not my car, and ONLY my opinion, those of you who have done this more power to you.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Unfortunately, a S/C is not a driver mod. Still takes some skill to drive with a S/C. Mach guy needs some practice or is lying

04TorchedSVT

Established Member
Guy in the mach is either lying about his mods or cant drive......OR u are either lying about not using the nitrous or just ran into a guy that really couldnt drive.

Dont know which one of those it is but i Bet 20$ it is one of em.lol.

zexsrt8

Established Member
Well I know I never used the bottle. He did have a piller full of gauges. I think he just could not drive. I really don't know why he would lie about it. He looked like he was in his 40's not just some punk kid. Hope to see him around to get more info on it.

fastbacon

Banned
had a good race last night. rolled up beside a beautiful mach 1. we started from 50 up to about 120. we ended with him being 3/4 of car length ahead.He than rolled down his window and asked what was done to my car, he was shocked to find out it was just stock with a tune. I asked what was done to his and he said it had a vortech supercharger My smile from ear to ear could not of been any bigger:D I know i should be prepared for the flames are BS flag but thats how the race went down and no i was not running the bottle on that run. I think he was really disappionted the big sled almost stayed door to door with him :) I have know clue what amount of boost he was running are what other modz he had but was really happy with the outcome of the race. I had a 04 mach 1 myself with gears and exhaust and know these cars are not much slower stock with equal drivers in a 1/4 mile so please don't tell me to :read: up on the mach's I know there fast but this was my experience with this car in this race.

not by any means saying this is what happened to you but, when i usually get picked on by various cars like an evo , sti, vette what ever.....I would usually let them pull away and then just walk slowly passed them in overdrive or peddling 4th.....just joking around knowing the race is a waste of gas....

a lot of people just dont take certain cars serious......you probably just beat the driver...good race though

fastbacon

Banned
i had a buddy that wasted a crapload of time on a vortech kit on a mach1 got it tuned bla bla bla, all that turd made was 400 hp, problem was that the damned thing built boost SOOO slow. It would hit 8lbs at the top of the rpm range. I just know that i hate wasting my time and money and not seeing results, and from the 325 (before) to the 405 (after) i just woulda been pissed to have to practically had to custom fit a vortech for only 80 hp. But its not my car, and ONLY my opinion, those of you who have done this more power to you.

id put my slow boost building toilet against your little kenne bell and im sure your still making at least 5psi more than I am...

Users who are viewing this thread