Srt4 to Termi

Mschaffeld

What's up guys, I currently drive an 04 srt4 on E85. I used to own a 04 mustang gt and I honestly miss how powerful a mustang feels. So I figured if I'm going back I may aswell get the one I've always wanted. What can you guys tell me that I should be looking for when purchasing a termi? How good of a daily are they? What's usual mpg? What have you beaten with a stock termi? What common problems do they have? What do I steer clear of when looking to buy one? Is there a difference between 03 & 04?

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Test drive the car for sure. Mpg is directly related to driving habit. I'm at the pump about twice a week, since I have a bit of a heavy foot. Check for any leaks. I daily mine and it isn't the most comfy compared to an S197 but who cares haha. Mine came pullied so I cant speak on the stock cobra territory for me cam intake LS1's, bolt on L99's, bokt on SRT8's. Nothing too special overall.

I've never been in an SRT 4 so I can't say what kinda difference you'll feel but the terminator is a different kind of car, I'll say that much. Good luck finding your cobra.

40mpgH8r

Cobra Newb
Established Member
What's up guys, I currently drive an 04 srt4 on E85. I used to own a 04 mustang gt and I honestly miss how powerful a mustang feels. So I figured if I'm going back I may aswell get the one I've always wanted. What can you guys tell me that I should be looking for when purchasing a termi? How good of a daily are they? What's usual mpg? What have you beaten with a stock termi? What common problems do they have? What do I steer clear of when looking to buy one? Is there a difference between 03 & 04?

I don't use mine as a daily because I will probably kill myself from a rainy day or the snow. Like the dude mentioned above, your mpg depends on your driving habits. I didn't recognize a difference from my GT to Cobra in mpg until of course I changed the injectors and put on the KB on my GT. When you get bigger injectors and add HP you WILL notice you're going through more gas. I was going through a quarter of a tank when I drove from my parents place in west chester to MSJ (Delhi, I think?). I think the KB had 40something injectors. I recommend not using it as a daily driver if you're going to really modify it (turbo or supercharger swap).

I also wanted to go for an '04 just because I'm paranoid that every new technology to come out (03 Cobra) has problems with it and hopefully they fix them for the next year. I also wanted low mileage so I found a 04 Cobra with 31K. Good Luck, man.

Mschaffeld

Thanks guys I'll definitely research the hell out of them before I go scoop one up. I'm enlisting in the air force so I'm trying to get one and enjoy it before I leave for basic

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
My solid axle GT handles and rides 10x better than either of the two srt4's I've had. I can only imagine how much better the IRS is as far as handling and taking on bumps in the road. You'll be going to a car with a much better build quality as well. You won't be dissapointed.

CtSvt

Established Member
i had an srt4 , built transmission , built block and headwork, cammed , tubular manifold dbb 6262 tho whole nine , I walked some seriously fast cars with 590hp on pump gas in a 2900Lb car , I went to terminator and never looked back , its in a whole different league . the srt4 could never hook and put down any good track times , I would consider another for a daily that's all , they don't make good race cars . The cobra is a much better built car , GL

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Definitely follow the link above and browse through my Terminator FAQs and the Hot Links. Start with the Terminator FAQs (link is at the top of the page). The info there will answer a lot of your questions. I try to keep them as up to date as is possible.

Maverick-4

Established Member
I drive a Mopar Stage 3 Srt-4 most of the time, it's definitely a completely difference experience going to a Cobra, as mentioned the traction you get on this cars is amazing as far as build quality I feel both interiors are about the same, nothing too fancy but purposeful. The SRT gets me excellent gas mileage if I'm not boosting the Cobra not so much but I think that's shouldn't be a concern when your buying one of the beauties, I love my SRT but I doesnt come close to the shear brute force the Cobra has, also more exclusive than the SRT, you won't regret getting one!

Last edited:

Chosyn1

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
Thanks guys I'll definitely research the hell out of them before I go scoop one up. I'm enlisting in the air force so I'm trying to get one and enjoy it before I leave for basic

wait until you get to your Duty Station before you buy something, you never know where you'll be.

Users who are viewing this thread