SRT Super Stock has arrived...

ArabianOak

Established Member
to each their own...i have owned them all and the technology of a dct or better yet the tesla trans (or lack thereof) are where it's at...i did enough shifting when I was a kid to be happy the rest of my life not shifting again. This c
Depends on the day. Once they slice your wiener up and invert it into a taco,

Nevermind. I’m disgusting myself, and that’s kind of rare.

Did you sell the SS to a dealership for more than you paid for it? Please tell me it was the same dealership!
yes, paid 91k for the SS new in mid jan, traded to a diff dealer for 110k. like i said, it's not just about the performance...lol

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
to each their own...i have owned them all and the technology of a dct or better yet the tesla trans (or lack thereof) are where it's at...i did enough shifting when I was a kid to be happy the rest of my life not shifting again. This c

yes, paid 91k for the SS new in mid jan, traded to a diff dealer for 110k. like i said, it's not just about the performance...lol
Do you think you’ll hold the Plaid for a while or do you have something else on the horizon?

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
It's a straight line beast. I just can't get excited about EVs, no matter HOW fast they are.

Bob these are a fun car and you can flip them for about a $20k profit after driving them for a couple months. These are NOT a save the world car. They are ridiculous fast car. I think of it like go-karts. The indoor electric karts are just as fun as the outdoor karts with the shitty Briggs and Stratton engine, but the Tesla is a like shifter cart with cr500 bolted in without the sound. And with the right wheels and window tint they are kinda sexy. They gave an update a few months ago that now allows the car to spin the tires so you can do donuts now. Almost worth keeping now but it’s helping pay my cobra rebuild bill

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm sure they're fun. And it's great that those who own one really love the performance. My brother has an 'S' (not a Plaid) that replaced his '3' and as much as he loved his '3' he is REALLY loving his 'S'.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Are the brakes on these things really that bad? Any way to option it without the stupid steering wheel? Seriously thinking of trading my rs7 in on one

ArabianOak

Established Member
Are the brakes on these things really that bad? Any way to option it without the stupid steering wheel? Seriously thinking of trading my rs7 in on one
the are good, the regen helps alot too when you let off the go pedal...they do have a carbon ceramic option from tesla now...20k for all 4 discs and it increases the top speed from 173mph to 200mph...

I had an rs7 as well with an apr tune...ran 10.7@129. The only time i lost a street race was against the tesla p100d (the model before the plaid).

I couldn't believe it when it happened...lol.

ArabianOak

Established Member
oh, and the steering wheel takes 2-3 days to get used to BUT now I really like it. first few days I would go to reach for the top and nearly fall onto the dash...lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would imagine there are Plaid owners who haven't gotten used to the steering wheel, but maybe forced themselves to accept it. You were fortunate to adapt that quickly. Not everyone will only need 2-3 days. It's definitely different. I'm really surprised that Tesla didn't offer a more traditional performance steering wheel, My brother's 'S' has one and he mentioned that due to the shape/size of the wheel there are limited functions on the wheel. For example, there is no traditional centered horn button. He still is trying to adapt to that one pretty major change as far as the horn button.

ArabianOak

Established Member
I would imagine there are Plaid owners who haven't gotten used to the steering wheel, but maybe forced themselves to accept it. You were fortunate to adapt that quickly. Not everyone will only need 2-3 days. It's definitely different. I'm really surprised that Tesla didn't offer a more traditional performance steering wheel, My brother's 'S' has one and he mentioned that due to the shape/size of the wheel there are limited functions on the wheel. For example, there is no traditional centered horn button. He still is trying to adapt to that one pretty major change as far as the horn button.
marine corps background...adapt and overcome. lolololol...

since elon is an alien and only has 3 fingers, the wheel makes sense...to him.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Click on the thread with the thought "has he sold the SRT ss yet?"
Page 6... maybe he did.
click to page 4.... hahahah yes he did!
Oak can we get a running total on the number of vehicles you have had in the last 5 years? 20? 25?

ArabianOak

Established Member
Click on the thread with the thought "has he sold the SRT ss yet?"
Page 6... maybe he did.
click to page 4.... hahahah yes he did!
Oak can we get a running total on the number of vehicles you have had in the last 5 years? 20? 25?
1649848518425.gif

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
the are good, the regen helps alot too when you let off the go pedal...they do have a carbon ceramic option from tesla now...20k for all 4 discs and it increases the top speed from 173mph to 200mph...

I had an rs7 as well with an apr tune...ran 10.7@129. The only time i lost a street race was against the tesla p100d (the model before the plaid).

I couldn't believe it when it happened...lol.

Been watching a few reviews. Guys complain of the brakes, but they are all braking after running it up to 160+mph multiple times racing back to back 1/4 mile runs.

I wish they offered better color options. Better wheel options, and more to set the car apart from other models. I’ve owned the rs7 since new and absolutely love the way it looks. Build quality is also a concern.

Users who are viewing this thread