SRt-10 vs Lightning

ScaryGT

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SRt-10 vs Lightning

Originally posted by 03CobraBro
For the record, the fastest stock 03 Cobra E/T to date was a 12.38 @114.94 by Bobby Adams down at Beech Bend Raceway, in Bowling Green, KY. This was back in November of 02.

Don't get too mad at me Cobra guys, but don't you like how a lot of Cobra guys quote that 1 freak driver "like the above B. Adams" and most of them were lucky to get under 13 stock. 03CobraBro, for the record, how fast have you ever been stock? Actually, how fast have you seen stock ones on the f1s go stock. Me personally, I have seen one stock one get lucky and hit a 12.76; that is a far way off from that one freak 12.38 run that you mention.

HJ, 12.50 with that shitty 60' time is pretty good and I can understand how agrevating it is to not have traction. Have you ever considered just saying what the heck and running with slicks one time... rev that bitch upto 6k and dump the clutch :D Man you would feel about 1.3 Gs and you would just be hanging on for dare life :burnout: Than you could call the flat bed to tow you back to the dealer because you broke both of your half shafts :-D Man how do some of the Cobra guys run on slicks without breaking every time out????

Last edited:

hj16

Established Member
Scary, thats exactly why I dont just slap slicks on her. Some get away with it, but its not for me. I'd rather put on some 275BFGs. I also might get the hardened Halfshafts from DSS sometime this winter. If I could get a 1.9 60' and hook in every gear watch out! Even with my shitty 60 I think Icould have gotten a 12.2 if I'd powershifted.

ScaryGT

Established Member
Originally posted by hj16
Scary, thats exactly why I dont just slap slicks on her. Some get away with it, but its not for me. I'd rather put on some 275BFGs. I also might get the hardened Halfshafts from DSS sometime this winter. If I could get a 1.9 60' and hook in every gear watch out! Even with my shitty 60 I think Icould have gotten a 12.2 if I'd powershifted.

Next season get as good of a 60' as you can. Then once you have your 60' down and consistant just go ahead and power shift one time. Power shift about 400 rpm lower than your optimum shift point.. the nature of the pshifting will stick your rpms up around 400 between shifts (I hope this doesn't sound to stupid me not knowing your background and trying to teach you how to power shift :-D ) anyway give it one shot and you shouldn't hurt your transmission; plus you may get that sub 12 that you know your car has in it. :thumbsup:

PS: if you do powershift and you start to spin badly between first and second just be smart and let off of it or it could cost you some big cash. :eek:

Scary out :coolman:

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SRt-10 vs Lightning

Originally posted by ScaryGT
Don't get too mad at me Cobra guys, but don't you like how a lot of Cobra guys quote that 1 freak driver "like the above B. Adams" and most of them were lucky to get under 13 stock. 03CobraBro, for the record, how fast have you ever been stock? Actually, how fast have you seen stock ones on the f1s go stock. Me personally, I have seen one stock one get lucky and hit a 12.76; that is a far way off from that one freak 12.38 run that you mention.

ScaryGT the point here is to show that the Cobra's worth a 12.38 with the right driver. (Which bobby adams ran without powershifting I might add) The fact you saw people out running low 13's is a moot point since those people cannot show what the car is truely capable of. If the Cobra's were only worth low 13's I would have saved myself some cash and got a Mach1. Let me make sure were on the same track here though, were comparing what both cars are capable of correct? Not the drivers behind the wheel. We know for a fact the 03 Cobra can run a 12.38, which means thats what its worth. While that might sound contradictive because it took a driver to prove that, the point is beyond the driver, the point is to show what the Cobra is worth when its making use of its full potential.

With that said whats the fastest times you have heard of or witnessed a stage 3 run? (cant really call it stock since its an aftermarket tuned Mustang GT)

Off the subject, I'v never driven my Cobra on a drag strip before, however I do drive on road courses on occasion. As far as my experiences with stock 03's are concerned, I have witnessed many bone stock (Eagle F1 equipped) 03 Cobras post numbers in the high 12's out at Indianapolis Raceway Park.

I am glad, however, it takes a heavily modified Mustang GT, like the Roush, to compete with the factory stock Cobra these days, and I think the car deserves atleast alittle respect for that fact.

I will say this though, I'm baffled ScaryGT... At first you were saying it would be a much wiser investment to buy a 24 thousand dollar Mustang GT and slap a 3000 dollar blower on it and blow away Lightnings. Yet now, your justifying putting out 60 grand on a Stage 3 over the 30 thousand dollar Cobra?

Whats your reasoning there? :shrug:

Last edited:

Saleen Explorer

Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
BTW, is SVT going to come out with an SVT explorer? I would imagine the Cobra motor would go quite nicely in one! :rockon:
Check your PM's and I'll send you some vids of a sick Explorer from down here:thumbsup: I was going to go with a 347 and supercharger in a 2nd gen Explorer, or swap an 03' Cobra engine and Kenne Bell blower into a 3rd gen Mountaineer, but plans changed for now, check sig;-)

Originally posted by ZX2Down
i thought the explorer svt prototype was "thunder" and the ranger was called a "bolt":shrug:
Ford had a concept a few years ago for the Explorer (but not from SVT) it was the Tremor. It was basically a basis for the 3rd generation Explorer/Mountaineer with the new chassis and IRS. It had a n/a dohc 4.6 with I think 380 hp and 340 tq. Cool looking truck, let me see if I can find a link to it somewhere.

Ok, heres a link http://www.multimatic.com/projects/pr_tremr.htm
1104_9.gif

Last edited:

hj16

Established Member
(I hope this doesn't sound to stupid me not knowing your background and trying to teach you how to power shift :-D )

PS: if you do powershift and you start to spin badly between first and second just be smart and let off of it or it could cost you some big cash. :eek:
I've power shifted before, its no biggie. :D I just didnt do it at the track. :shrug:

I wont powershift the 1-2, too little traction as it is.

vortechlx

Join My 8 Week Program
Established Member
Originally posted by joegt38
Just like when they put the lightning set up in the ranger. That was a sick little truck. I forgot what magazine that was in but they only ran a 13.6 with it.

Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords April 2003 issue

Said in the article "no tuning of stock program" would be a bit quicker, but any guesses would be pure speculation. Id buy one if ford built it!

roushcobra2003

Established Member
i agree the new stage 3 r a grip too much money. But mine is a 2000, i almost have 500rwhp. and no i didnt buy one for smoking L it was ment to be those ricer here. God i hate them

horseplay

Crazy MMA Junkie
Established Member
roushcobra2003, keep smoking them , if i have had a choice to pick between a honda civic and a scooter, scooter it'll be
:beer:

ScaryGT

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SRt-10 vs Lightning

ScaryGT the point here is to show that the Cobra's worth a 12.38 with the right driver.

bla bla bla bla bla bla.....

Off the subject, I'v never driven my Cobra on a drag strip before, bla bla bla bla bla my experiences with stock 03's are concerned, I have witnessed many bone stock (Eagle F1 equipped) 03 Cobras post numbers in the high 12's out at Indianapolis Raceway Park.

The real point here is you shouldn't magazine race... you've said it yourself that you have only witnessed high 12's on stock 03s.

I am glad, however, it takes a heavily modified Mustang GT, like the Roush, to compete with the factory stock Cobra these days, and I think the car deserves atleast alittle respect for that fact.
[/B]

My GT is not highly modded yet and it has less hp than the stage 3. My time with my shitty driving and bad 60' is 12.44. The Roush is rated at 380 RWHP and according to your favorite car mag (car and driver) it clocked in at 12.3 in the 1/4. It has 10 more ponies than my car so it should beat a stock Cobra easily.

I will say this though, I'm baffled ScaryGT... At first you were saying it would be a much wiser investment to buy a 24 thousand dollar Mustang GT and slap a 3000 dollar blower on it and blow away Lightnings. Yet now, your justifying putting out 60 grand on a Stage 3 over the 30 thousand dollar Cobra?
Whats your reasoning there? :shrug: [/B]

Not only are you baffled, but you are confused! The only thing that I posted was that the stage 3 could crush a stock lightning. Then HJ16 got on here saying that he beat one with his stock 03 Cobra.... I chimed in there because I was calling the BS flag. And no I'm not trying to justify the price of the Stage 3. Save both of us some time and re-read the posts prior to replying to any thread.

Well I better let you go and get back to your magazine!

Have a great day, Scary :coolman:

roushcobra2003

Established Member
Originally posted by machncobra
roushcobra2003, keep smoking them , if i have had a choice to pick between a honda civic and a scooter, scooter it'll be
:beer:
I would have choice a scooter too. Civic i dont really see the big deal with those. They cant even keep up with me on the highway. Jeez ricer here r crasy they think there civic is all that:bash: They dont know what real power is

ScaryGT

Established Member
Originally posted by roushcobra2003
I would have choice a scooter too. Civic i dont really see the big deal with those. They cant even keep up with me on the highway. Jeez ricer here r crasy they think there civic is all that:bash: They dont know what real power is

I like being in front of the little ricers and driving about 35 - 40 mph and keeping it steady... then they start trying to drive up on my bumper...... and whack I smash the throttle to the ground and spin the tires for them a little and then woosh I'm gone. I then wait for them and see if they have the balls to look at me... Man I love Domestic Muscle!!!

Here is to everyone that drives Domestics! :beer:

hj16

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SRt-10 vs Lightning

The Roush is rated at 380 RWHP

Then HJ16 got on here saying that he beat one with his stock 03 Cobra.... I chimed in there because I was calling the BS flag.
The Roush does not make 380rwhp. That is what its flywheel rating is. I think they dyno around 340-350~rwhp stock.

And I didn't just beat that Stage 3, I waxed the floor with his sorry ass. :-D

ScaryGT

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SRt-10 vs Lightning

The Roush does not make 380rwhp. That is what its flywheel rating is. I think they dyno around 340-350~rwhp stock.

And I didn't just beat that Stage 3, I waxed the floor with his sorry ass. :-D

Are we going to f'n start this again! Any stage 3 guys that live by Hj16? He needs to learn a lesson once and for all! :D He was probably racing a fake stage 3.. probably just a stock GT with the body molding... HJ probably wouldn't even know the difference :coolman:

You need to relax HJ, I'm just toying with you. You are probably correct.. you've probably waxed every car that you've ever raced on the street. What do you use, Mequires? :lol:

j/k, really... you have a wonderful car, hopefully the weather is still nice where you are so that you can still enjoy it.

Scary :rockon:

hj16

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SRt-10 vs Lightning

Are we going to f'n start this again! Any stage 3 guys that live by Hj16? He needs to learn a lesson once and for all! :D He was probably racing a fake stage 3.. probably just a stock GT with the body molding... HJ probably wouldn't even know the difference :coolman:

You need to relax HJ, I'm just toying with you. You are probably correct.. you've probably waxed every car that you've ever raced on the street. What do you use, Mequires? :lol:
Bring it. :)

A fake stage 3. Yeah, thats it:rollseyes I raced it three times, know the guy, and have looked over the entire car. Yeah, it must have been a fake, there is no way the almighty Stage 3 can lose to a stock 03 Cobra:rolleyes:

Before I stopped street racing I did have one loss. I got destroyed by a 2002 SS. So, winning 7 of 8 isn't too bad.

I love messing with ya Scary :-D

ScaryGT

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SRt-10 vs Lightning

Bring it. :)

A fake stage 3. Yeah, thats it:rollseyes I raced it three times, know the guy, and have looked over the entire car. Yeah, it must have been a fake, there is no way the almighty Stage 3 can lose to a stock 03 Cobra:rolleyes:

Before I stopped street racing I did have one loss. I got destroyed by a 2002 SS. So, winning 7 of 8 isn't too bad.

I love messing with ya Scary :-D

You got beat by a lame 2002 SS... What is wrong with your Cobra? :D

roushcobra2003

Established Member
i just got my stage3 around feb used and bought it for $20k so my car way cheaper that a cobra new. Ya stage3 r a grip if u buy it new, i would have gotten a cobra but $20k isnt bad for a stage3

ScaryGT

Established Member
Originally posted by roushcobra2003
i just got my stage3 around feb used and bought it for $20k so my car way cheaper that a cobra new. Ya stage3 r a grip if u buy it new, i would have gotten a cobra but $20k isnt bad for a stage3

I would say you got a great deal on that fine ride. Do you live by HJ? j/k :-D

hj16

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SRt-10 vs Lightning

You got beat by a lame 2002 SS... What is wrong with your Cobra? :D
No traction:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread