SRt-10 vs Lightning

ford_lightning

Established Member
I own a 2002 L. I have been seeing a lot of trash talk about the new dodge and the L. To sum it all up. The L has been supercharged, the ram hasnt. But the L only has a 5.4 vs a 8.3 so the supercharger makes it more even. I havent raced one yet. But i have been wondering. U can go by a new gt for 24 pay 3k to get a supercharger and u could blow away a L. SO all u peolpe that think u are bad ass becasue ure L beat a gt go race the new roush stage 3 its just like a gt supercharged.

horseplay

Crazy MMA Junkie
Established Member
well the 500 hp srt-10 is gonna have problems launching with that much hp, they say 12'9 for the 1/4 mile, and the lightning possible 13.3-14.3 correct me if im wrong.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Motor trend just recently got a 13.8@101 with the dodge.
Now I'am aware that Motor trend times are slow but taking almost 5-7 tenths off still leaves this truck in the 13's..
Which is not much faster than the current L , just imagine what the next L will do to the dodge.
Not a big fan of that long truck shifter as well.
To each his own though.
Long live the Lightning.:coolman:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
The SRT-10 reminds me of the Queen Mary. Man the bilge pumps and swab the decks matey!:nonono:

horseplay

Crazy MMA Junkie
Established Member
the dodge is a awesome truck, but long live the lightning :beer: , and when the new lightning arrives its gonna be a war :rockon:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Could you imagine if they made it the Dodge Dakota SRT-10 instead of the RAM SRT-10. Man wouldn't that have been a fun one!!!

:beer:

joegt38

Established Member
Just like when they put the lightning set up in the ranger. That was a sick little truck. I forgot what magazine that was in but they only ran a 13.6 with it.

Impact 5.0

Established Member
When I get the Pulleys changed and programer and traction bars for my HD F-150, I will race the new Dodge STR-10. "NO FEAR"

ScaryGT

Established Member
Originally posted by ford_lightning
I SO all u peolpe that think u are bad ass becasue ure L beat a gt go race the new roush stage 3 its just like a gt supercharged.

Just like a gt supercharged :shrug: It is a supercharged GT with 380 RWHP and 380 RWTQ, but did you notice the price of the stage 3... close to 60K. dump another 30k into your L or Cobra and you would be in the 7's ;-)

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
Could you imagine if they made it the Dodge Dakota SRT-10 instead of the RAM SRT-10. Man wouldn't that have been a fun one!!!

:beer:

Thoughts crossed my mind, about dumping a Viper Crate motor into my R/T... Ill probably just got with a 408 Stroker though.

If dodge ever did drop a V10 in the Dak, you'ed best beleive I'd be number one on the list to buy one.

The realistic scenario though is that the Dakota's going to end up wtih the Hemi... Now I'v heard 2 rumors. A. The likely rumors that it'll end up with the 5.7 Hemi V8 found in the Dodge ram (soon in nearly every car in chryslers lineup). Then there's B. A while back I heard that there's a 6.0L hemi on its way through development that should be on the scene by 05 or 06...

I'v always loved the Lightning, but I am glad to here Dodge has atleast stepped up to the forefront to compete with Ford. (Cant say the same for GM unless you count the 13 year old Syclone.)

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
I own a 2002 L. I have been seeing a lot of trash talk about the new dodge and the L. To sum it all up. The L has been supercharged, the ram hasnt. But the L only has a 5.4 vs a 8.3 so the supercharger makes it more even. I havent raced one yet. But i have been wondering. U can go by a new gt for 24 pay 3k to get a supercharger and u could blow away a L. SO all u peolpe that think u are bad ass becasue ure L beat a gt go race the new roush stage 3 its just like a gt supercharged.

You could buy an 03 Cobra for about the same ammount as a Lightning... But since they attract 2 different groups of people, the price comparison between the 2 is a moot point. Lets see a Mustang GT that runs low 13's, but still retains the ability to haul 5000lbs.

My quesiton though is, with Ford offering 3000 dollars cash back on all vehicles excluding SVT's, why buy a Mustang GT when you can get a Mach1 for 25 grand these days new? If you intended to spend 27 grand (24k for a new Mustang GT and 3k on a blower for it) might as well get a DOHC to work with.

ZX2Down

Established Member
Originally posted by machncobra
oh man dodge dakota srt-10 vs ford svt thunder ranger :rockon:

i thought the explorer svt prototype was "thunder" and the ranger was called a "bolt":shrug:

03CobraBro

Established Member
The Thunderbolt is a package SLP offers for the ranger... Basically an exhaust and CAI intake package with a body kit.

The SVT Ranger, on the other hand, was going to just be called the "Thunder".

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
BTW, is SVT going to come out with an SVT explorer? I would imagine the Cobra motor would go quite nicely in one! :rockon:

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Originally posted by machncobra
well the 500 hp srt-10 is gonna have problems launching with that much hp, they say 12'9 for the 1/4 mile, and the lightning possible 13.3-14.3 correct me if im wrong.
I forget which magazine, but one of 'em just had pictures of the rearend setup on the SRT-10, very slick, with a horizontal shock/traction bar setup. Apparently they took into account that it might be hard to launch a truck with that much power. I'm not gonna make any predictions, but I think the 13.8 that MT got is a joke. We have an R/Ter in VA who is getting one, so I'll wait and see what it does at Cecil :)

hj16

Established Member
go race the new roush stage 3 its just like a gt supercharged.
The Stage 3 is slow as hell. When I was stock my 03 Cobra destroyed one from a 30 roll. A lightly modded L should have no problems with one.

ScaryGT

Established Member
Re: Re: SRt-10 vs Lightning

Originally posted by hj16
The Stage 3 is slow as hell. When I was stock my 03 Cobra destroyed one from a 30 roll. A lightly modded L should have no problems with one.

:lol: The Roush guy probably wasn't even racing you! If he wanted to, he would of won that race.

Users who are viewing this thread