SRt-10 vs Lightning

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by machncobra
correct me if im wrong, is it called the thunderbolt or just thunder ??

Thunderbolt. Here you go:

thunderbolt1.JPG

Tambini

Established Member
"The Stage 3 is slow as hell. When I was stock my 03 Cobra destroyed one from a 30 roll. A lightly modded L should have no problems with one"

The main words here are "stock 03." how many people keep their 03's stock?? your takin a heavily modded gt and putting it up a very restricted stock cobra. a few mods on the 03 and im sure we all know who will win.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
let us know how the srt-10 runs and be sure to ride in it lol wish i could :D
I'm gonna do better than that, gonna get to drive it :-D With a full report to follow of course.

ScaryGT

Established Member
Originally posted by Tambini
"The Stage 3 is slow as hell. When I was stock my 03 Cobra destroyed one from a 30 roll. A lightly modded L should have no problems with one"

The main words here are "stock 03." how many people keep their 03's stock?? your takin a heavily modded gt and putting it up a very restricted stock cobra. a few mods on the 03 and im sure we all know who will win.

Whatever :shrug:

hj16

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: SRt-10 vs Lightning

Originally posted by ScaryGT
:lol: The Roush guy probably wasn't even racing you! If he wanted to, he would of won that race.
the roush stage 3 is mean as hell, he probly wasnt racing you :shrug:
Bwahaha, you guys crack me up. I raced the same Stage 3 three seperate times when I was stock and beat him every single time.

"The Roush guy probably wasn't even racing you!"
- Yeah thats it:rollseyes He jumped me every time, and I still stomped his ass. And I guess him speeding up to me and pacing me at 30mph in a 50 and downshifting isn't wanting to race either:rollseyes

I was consistantly putting 1 car or more on this guy from 30-70, and after 70 I would pull like mad. I was suprised too that I beat him, but it happened. I know the guy and have checked out his car multiple times since the races.

If it makes you guys feel any better it was the 360HP Stage 3.

Originally posted by Tambini

Re-read that buddy. My Stock 03 Cobra destroyed a Roush Stage 3. Thats back when it was stock, he won't even run me anymore. The shiny pulley scares him away:D

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: SRt-10 vs Lightning

:lol: The Roush guy probably wasn't even racing you! If he wanted to, he would of won that race.

Please :rollseyes

Iv kicked Stage 3 ass before too. Heh, and the halarious thing is I have an extra 30 thousand dollars lining my pockets on top of my car.

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by roushcobra2003
o man u dont want to start with me. I smoke L's all the time well maybe its cuz my stage 3 is mod

Dont tell me you bought a stage 3 strictly for racing L's...

horseplay

Crazy MMA Junkie
Established Member
Originally posted by roushcobra2003
o man u dont want to start with me. I smoke L's all the time well maybe its cuz my stage 3 is mod
i love the roush's good luck with ur car :beer:

ScaryGT

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: SRt-10 vs Lightning

Originally posted by hj16
Bwahaha, you guys crack me up. I raced the same Stage 3 three seperate times when I was stock and beat him every single time.

Let me ask you this; when you were stock what kind of times were you seeing at the track?

Now let me follow that one up with; what kind of times are you now seeing with all of your shinny new mods?

Scary :rockon:

hj16

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SRt-10 vs Lightning

Let me ask you this; when you were stock what kind of times were you seeing at the track?

Now let me follow that one up with; what kind of times are you now seeing with all of your shinny new mods?
Never got a chance to run when I was stock. With my mods ($600, 420rwhp) I have run a best of [email protected]:xpl: that was with a 2.13 60' :xpl: :xpl: and w/o powershifting.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SRt-10 vs Lightning

Scary :rockon:

For the record, the fastest stock 03 Cobra E/T to date was a 12.38 @114.94 by Bobby Adams down at Beech Bend Raceway, in Bowling Green, KY. This was back in November of 02.

With that said, everything the 03 Cobra brings to the table... IRS, DOHC, and 450 crank hp stock, its extremely difficult to justify spending 50 to 60 thousand dollars for a Stage 3, when you can get the better car for 20 to 25 grand less.

Are there any modified Mustang GT's that are running mid 9's on the stock engine internals?

hj16

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SRt-10 vs Lightning

Originally posted by 03CobraBro
Are there any modified Mustang GT's that are running mid 9's on the stock engine internals?
Don't turn this into a 2V vs. 4V pissing match. I'm sick of that crap.

And as for your comment, thats just plain ignorant. You're comparing a cheap N/A designed engine to a built Forced Induction engine. It was never who could run 9s on stock internals. It was Roush Stage 3s against Ls and Cobras.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SRt-10 vs Lightning

Don't turn this into a 2V vs. 4V pissing match. I'm sick of that crap.

And as for your comment, thats just plain ignorant. You're comparing a cheap N/A designed engine to a built Forced Induction engine. It was never who could run 9s on stock internals. It was Roush Stage 3s against Ls and Cobras.

Im the ignorant one here? Im not the one comparing a 60 thousand dollar Mustang GT with a body kit and a 3000 dollar supercharger, to a Mustang Cobra, with DOHC, IRS setup, and a price tag that weighs in half as much.

Lets look at it this way too...

Since the Roush is a modified Mustang GT, that means its not factory stock, which means your some how implying its fair to compare a modified vehicle to a stock vehicle. (The L and the Cobra)

I might not have the brightest things to say sometimes, but atleast I retain the ability to analyze a scenario from all angles, instead of just telling everyone else how ignorant there input is.

Last edited:

hj16

Established Member
I said that this quote of yours was ignorant:
and it is for reasons I already mentioned.

03CobraBro

Established Member
I said that this quote of yours was ignorant:

and it is for reasons I already mentioned.

That was a rhetorical question. He was some how implying the Roush Stage 3 was surperior to the Cobra, the roush stage 3 being a modified GT, so I asked a question with an obvious answer to put an end to this conversation.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
I love the Roush Stage 3 however I would not pay that much. Did anyone see are good friends :)lol: ), Car and Driver show this past weekend with the Stage 3 being tested by Mario Andretti. One of the editors said, "You can spend alot less and get Fords own SVT Cobra and almost get close to the performance of the Roush". Well I dont know about you but the Cobra has the engine performance over the Roush but the Stage 3 has the edge on handling. He was talking about the performance under the hood though!! Go figure, them C&D old men suck big GERMAN Car d!(k.

Users who are viewing this thread