Squeak after BMR Panhard Bar install

BMR Tech

Man I used whatever was in my grease gun, and it was the cheapest stuff I could find at the parts store, I have no problems, and I've done a couple of cars!! And I never torqued any of it to spec, however hard the bolt was to get off I put it back in that spot, my complete rear was done this way. No problems, and again I've done several cars.

I highly recommend that you remove and clean those bushings.

Someday you're going to have a massive clunk, and when you look at your bushings - they wont be there.

Petroleum based grease is not a good choice with polyurethane bushings. It will permeate, and cause the bushing to distort/swell and split, if you are lucky. Most of the time, it will cause the bushing to just start crumbling away, piece by piece.

:beer:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Not to pile on but...

Nsssane1 said:
...I never torqued any of it to spec, however hard the bolt was to get off I put it back in that spot, my complete rear was done this way. No problems, and again I've done several cars.

Those "several cars" (including yours) should really have had the fasteners torqued to specification. You have no idea whether the bolts have yielded because you imparted too much torque on them (and as such may be ready to fail) or whether you imparted too little (and as such they may not provide adequate clamping force).

Nsssane1

Established Member
Not to pile on but...

Those "several cars" (including yours) should really have had the fasteners torqued to specification. You have no idea whether the bolts have yielded because you imparted too much torque on them (and as such may be ready to fail) or whether you imparted too little (and as such they may not provide adequate clamping force).

Since I've been working on cars over 25 years I guarantee they are right on spec. some people can do it some cant, every time a torque it than decide to check it its dead on, but I do use the wrench when doing heads, intakes,clutch. Never any failures. If I use a impact to loosen then I have to use a tq wrench then.

Petroleum grease was not used.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Is there a Best source for suspension fastener torque values?

Either the Ford factory shop manual or the instructions either written or .pdf from the maker of the parts you are installing. Many of the Ford specs can be carried over to the aftermarket parts, but some can not.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Suggestions on best place to buy the Ford manual?

Thanks

As shown above, free on-line or on eBay for the original paper form if available for your specific year. The GT500 is covered in the regular production Mustang shop manual(s).

FWIW - There have been some who have downloaded the on-line version and been unable to open it, you may be able to resolve this type of issue now, but two or three computer upgrades from now it may not open. The paper version will always open, but it is not free.

R

Established Member
Only one I could find for 13/14' was in DVD Format,

I will keep searching for paper. Thanks.

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Finally got a chance today to get under her and regrease. I greased the shit out of it and the squeak is gone! Kinda feel like a dummy for not thinking of this sooner, but I'm glad I have yall. Thanks for all the input fellas :beer:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Finally got a chance today to get under her and regrease. I greased the shit out of it and the squeak is gone! Kinda feel like a dummy for not thinking of this sooner, but I'm glad I have yall. Thanks for all the input fellas :beer:

^^^That is Great! :thumbsup:

Squeaks can be very annoying! They are something that is not acceptable on a cool car! :cuss:

R

Users who are viewing this thread