Spy Shots: Mustang Shelby GT500 Mule Breaks Cover With Wide Stance

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
From SEMA:

Mustang

Here's first look at a mule for the upcoming Ford Mustang Shelby GT500.

The mule, based on the S650 GT, features slightly modified front and rear fascias (not for production), along with a track that's clearly meant for wider fenders, with wheels that stick out way past the body.

Surprisingly, this prototype is also a convertible, likely indicating that the next-gen GT500 will be available in the drop-top body style. Out back, there's a set of quad exhaust outlets similar to the S550-gen model, with the inner tips sitting slightly above the outer tips.

Details are scarce at this point, but sources tell us that the S650-gen GT500 will arrive in 2025 as a '26 model.

Mustang

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Maybe they will tweak the formula a bit this gen. They've taken the supercharged F/R drive configuration about as far as you reasonably can.

Could this be the "street" GT3 variant?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Maybe they will tweak the formula a bit this gen. They've taken the supercharged F/R drive configuration about as far as you reasonably can.

Could this be the "street" GT3 variant?
@DBK wanted to make sure we are pinching our pennies, just in case.

lol.

wckdvnm

Established Member
I will try to keep an eye out for it when the summer rolls around. I live about 40 miles from the testing grounds in yucca, AZ and I have caught quite a few test cars making the loop here. Saw the lightnings doing hot weather testing here as well as the bronco raptor just didn’t think it was post worthy lol

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
I saw a pic on IG of a S650 Mustang with a center exhaust, as well as this wide stance and S550 GT500 brakes. Glad to see Ford isn't abandoning the higher performance Mustang just yet.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hey Nick. Are you surprised at this news? I remember that thread where everyone was saying "no more GT-500s on the horizon", including me.

Nothing surprises me anymore.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
To date my understanding is still no GT500 in the works. Allegedly, Multimatic has something to do with not only the race GT3 (and GT4's as well) vehicle but a street variant too.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
To date my understanding is still no GT500 in the works. Allegedly, Multimatic has something to do with not only the race GT3 (and GT4's as well) vehicle but a street variant too.
That would make more sense.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I understand from people Ford let go that worked on the Tremec DCT program that Ford plans on going with a DCT again as well. Not everybody signed an NDA nor are they happy with the way they were given their walking papers...

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I wonder if I can get on a list with a dealer now? Anyone have a dealer they recommend? I’m definitely going to buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread