Spy Shots: Ford's GT Program Going Strong?

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
A C8 won't hold the candle to the FGT LOL

No, but it pisses me off to no end that Ford didn’t make an achievable GT.

Bring the Thunderbird/GT/whatever namesake back as a Corvette (c7) competitor and help me stop crying at night.

(I know, there are 75 reasons it won’t happen, but I like to dream)

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
P.S, this obviously pains me because it's totally preventable and someday I'll write a book on the "why" of this situation, but take a look at this and then I have a follow up question for you:

View attachment 1716580

This was the global reveal for a ~$750,000 variant of the final year of production of a program that started in 2013 and cost hundreds of millions of dollars to do. That's a priceless GT40 prototype parked next to it. If you went to the Quail at car week, the GT was stuffed off to the side next to industry heavy hitters FlexJet and some replica company. No signs indicating what it was. Not even anything to park the cars on. Every bullshit tuner in attendance had a bigger, badder more thoughtful display. Again - this was the global reveal of this car at an event at the epicenter of perhaps the biggest single-week concentration of global wealth on earth. A lot of people I know couldn't find it or thought it was just some dude's one-off project.

You tell me; that level of treatment for an automotive icon look like it's about to get a $30 million engine program?
A V6 super car that is priced into the stratosphere. What’s to get excited about? They put white paint on it and a black top? The 05-06 GT was a car that people wanted and could actually obtain. This thing is neither for me.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
A V6 super car that is priced into the stratosphere. What’s to get excited about? They put white paint on it and a black top? The 05-06 GT was a car that people wanted and could actually obtain. This thing is neither for me.

While this is perhaps true for you, the market reflects that there’s a large group of people who really want these things, as they continue to routinely sell for seven figures used.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
While this is perhaps true for you, the market reflects that there’s a large group of people who really want these things, as they continue to routinely sell for seven figures used.
Too bad those couple hundred people didn’t go to that car show.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Have you checked prices on 05/06 FGTs lately? haha I have. 2x's MSRP is common grounds, and that's a good deal.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Have you checked prices on 05/06 FGTs lately? haha I have. 2x's MSRP is common grounds, and that's a good deal.

You’re not wrong, but I assume he meant original MSRP.

130-140k is still a lot, but it’s at least attainable. If they were still in that range, and had been produced in higher numbers, I’d have the GT500 sold and would’ve started saving a few years ago.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You’re not wrong, but I assume he meant original MSRP.

130-140k is still a lot, but it’s at least attainable. If they were still in that range, and had been produced in higher numbers, I’d have the GT500 sold and would’ve started saving a few years ago.

I'm sure...but that was also 15 years ago.

I wish muscle cars would get back to obtainable like they were in the 70s...haha

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I saw this at Mosport. It is a customer car. Holy hell it moves.

upload_2021-8-19_13-49-6.png

upload_2021-8-19_13-49-43.png

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The MK II is no joke. I remember when I first overlaid my best Senna lap with my best MK II lap, and .. dayum, that was a contest between a log and an axe.

Users who are viewing this thread