Spy Shots: '23 Nissan Altima Caught Testing in Metro Detroit

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
From SEMA:

Nissan

Here’s a first look at the ’23 Nissan Altima while testing in Metro Detroit.

The sixth-generation Altima debuted in 2018 at the New York Auto Show as a ’19 model, since then there have been virtually no changes made to the model other than some appearance packages and Nissan Safety Shield 360.

Looking at the prototype, the changes are only to the front end. The camo would suggest that there will be new head lamps along with a completely revised front end. More aggressive styling is expected up front that lines up with some of the recently debuted concept vehicles.

Power is still expected to come from the 2.5L I4 along with the optional 248hp turbocharged I4, both being mated to a CVT transmission.

An official debut should happen in mid 2022.

Nissan

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree. I have never owned a car with a CVT and never would. Looking at the spy photo, there isn't much to get excited about, if that's even a "thing" with Altimas.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
I agree. I have never owned a car with a CVT and never would. Looking at the spy photo, there isn't much to get excited about, if that's even a "thing" with Altimas.
Very true. I do kind of like the maxima though.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Are CVT's still not good? I know in the early days they had a bad rap (just like DCT's), but there are a lot of Honda's and Toyota's out there with ridiculous amounts of miles on them rocking CVT's.

quad

Established Member
Very true. I do kind of like the maxima though.
Drove a Maxima from Michigan to Florida and back last year and I was impressed. Got into a few runs with various cars including a GT500. It held up pretty damn good. The car moved out and had all the creature comforts needed for a long trip.

quad

Established Member
Fitting that a hood car is being tested in the hood.
Downtown Detroit has improved a lot over the past few years. Not sure the last time you visited.

The neighborhoods around the downtown area and in the Detroit city limits are still a mess though. Not all of them mind you.

Indian Village and the Boston District has a few cool homes and those districts are not run down. If you get out of the Detroit area there are other neighborhoods that are very well maintained, for example Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Bloomfield TWP, the Grosse Pointes, Rochester etc. The list goes on.

Indian Village Historic Distric:
INDIAN VILLAGE 01.jpg

Boston-Edison Historic District:
BOSTON DISTRICT 01.jpg

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Love my gfs 17 Altima. Hell I haven’t driven my Titan in 2 weeks and we just been driving that

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
It's going to be quite a long time before Nissan is able to build back and offer anything that actually matters on a large scale. The CEO, what's his nuts, gutted the company and ran. Literally ran away.

Hopefully the new Z car helps Nissan to make a comeback. Unless they change the turbos on the VR30, It's only good for about 450rwhp un less you buy new fuel pumps and tune on E, then you're looking at about 500 to 520. The VR30 was released in 2016 and to this day, there are still no aftermarket kits for turbos because the manifold is integrated into the cylinder head and ruins tight.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Are CVT's still not good? I know in the early days they had a bad rap (just like DCT's), but there are a lot of Honda's and Toyota's out there with ridiculous amounts of miles on them rocking CVT's.
I don’t know about Nissan CVTs except that they used to be horrible, don’t know if they still are. Worked with a guy that was service manager at a large Nissan dealer and he said there was never a week there wasn’t one in the shop waiting for a transmission.

I work for Honda and have probably replaced 3 or 4 in the last 5 years. They are pretty reliable. They still suck to drive though.

On topic I haven’t been excited about a Nissan model since, well ever. I’m not sure why but I would honestly look at every single other manufacture before I went to the Nissan dealer.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
The driving experience of the Maxima with the CVT sucks in my experience, I have a friend who has one, so I am sure the Altima is the same. Sad because both cars are not bad looking. I agree that the excitement coming out of Nissan is pretty low. Their trucks are hideous and the GTR, while still awesome, is getting long in the tooth. I am interested in the 400Z. Hoping it will perform as good or better than the new Supra. It does look nice.

Users who are viewing this thread