Spy Shots—2020 Ford Escape Caught Virtually Undisguised

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
From SEMA:

i-3RF2XLj-X4.jpg

Here’s a first look at the all-new Ford Escape (Kuga) virtually camo-free.

Starting up front, the new Escape carries a design that resembles the recently debuted Focus Active, with a similar grille mesh, side mirrors and a Ford badge placed on the tip of the nose. The similarities stop there though, as you get to the side of the Escape, you’ll notice a beltline that rises more gradually from the A-pillar to the C-pillar, and a rear door that looks similar to the outgoing one. In the back, Focus-esque taillights can be seen, along with a longer hatch that features a larger opening and a narrow rear bumper with dual exhaust openings.

The Escape should get power from Ford’s 1.5L Ecoboost three-cylinder as the volume engine, while the 2.0L Ecoboost four-cylinder will likely continue as the upscale engine offering. In Europe, the 1.5L three-cylinder is good for 180 hp and more than 200 lb.-ft. of torque. A new nine-speed automatic is expected to be the sole transmission in the next Escape. A hybrid and plug-in hybrid powertrain should also be part of the mix, considering the demise of the C-Max.

i-dt2rmHp-X4.jpg

NIXDSG

Established Member
I'm curious if the dash and center console is going to be a similar noisey/creaky POS LIKE THE Current one.

NIXDSG

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The front windshield looks oversize, because of the snub-look, short hood. The rear looks decent with nice lines. But that front end....don't like it at all.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Always liked the 1st generation Escapes wished i had gotten one

Ecostang17

Oh boy another pos suv! I am not a friend of the Escape at all general pita when it comes to ordering parts ! Seats are not good for long distances imho and past experience.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I wanted to get the wife an Escape Titanium with the 2.0 so we could tune it since they depreciate like a mofo, but we ended up with a '15 Honda CR-V Touring instead. Can't really complain because the CR-V moves well, has more room and gets great mpg. If Ford makes this more comparable to the Honda, it'll be worth checking out in a few years.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
The 08 refresh was the best looking Escape...rather handsome... it still had more "truck" DNA and looked like a relative of the Explorer and Expedition. Not a focus' weird cousin.

My mom had an 08 XLT V6 Escape she bought new (redfire, tan cloth, and "sun and fun package"= moonroof & Sirius.) Was a great little truck, she updated to the Edge when she hit 130k.

About a year ago I found an oxford white factory certified 08, that had the same features, and interior color. The only difference between moms and my truck is mine also is 4x4 with a tow package.
Piked her up with 60k miles... got it for $7k, been an awesome little truck. Factory certified and was registered to one owner in KC, KS all its life before I picked it up. Been a blast out in this snow in Colorado today.

Sent from my Note9

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
It's ugly, just another asian lookalike. When you walk through a parking lot almost all the cars look the same no matter where they come from, also all the same colors. What happened when you could look at a car and could tell what brand it was a block away?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I wanted to get the wife an Escape Titanium with the 2.0 so we could tune it since they depreciate like a mofo, but we ended up with a '15 Honda CR-V Touring instead. Can't really complain because the CR-V moves well, has more room and gets great mpg. If Ford makes this more comparable to the Honda, it'll be worth checking out in a few years.

We picked up a 17 Escape Eco Titanium for my wife and it has been great. My brother in law went with a CR-V that looks like rental junk inside and has had constant issues.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
We picked up a 17 Escape Eco Titanium for my wife and it has been great. My brother in law went with a CR-V that looks like rental junk inside and has had constant issues.
Without a doubt, the Titanium Escape is much nicer inside with more soft touch materials than our CR-V. However, the CR-V has more usable room inside which was needed with two kiddos that are rear facing. My wife averages 26 mpg and she's got a lead foot. Bought ours used less than a year ago with 44k and now have 69k on it. I've done nothing but change the oil and put gas in it.

I actually wanted the AWD Lincoln MKC 2.3/pano roof because I had one as a loaner and it was awesome! Motor was plenty strong, adaptive suspension made it ride like a dream in comfort mode and it felt really, really nice. It just lacked the room we needed compared to the CR-V.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Without a doubt, the Titanium Escape is much nicer inside with more soft touch materials than our CR-V. However, the CR-V has more usable room inside which was needed with two kiddos that are rear facing. My wife averages 26 mpg and she's got a lead foot. Bought ours used less than a year ago with 44k and now have 69k on it. I've done nothing but change the oil and put gas in it.

I actually wanted the AWD Lincoln MKC 2.3/pano roof because I had one as a loaner and it was awesome! Motor was plenty strong, adaptive suspension made it ride like a dream in comfort mode and it felt really, really nice. It just lacked the room we needed compared to the CR-V.

I hear you on the room, my only complaint with a rear facing seat and a 2nd one about to be put in. Things get tight lol.

Users who are viewing this thread