Spy Shots—’20 Shelby GT500 - Race Red in the Wild

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
1. Ford has a licensing agreement with Shelby. Does anyone think he/they would loan his name out for free? Plus, you can find articles on the deal. There was one not long after he died talking about how Ford secured his name for another 7 or 8 years I think it was.

2. It's not an auto. DCT is about as close to "racecar" you can get without going to a sequential. It's literally the best performing option you could have in a road car with a track focus.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Uh....your categorizing skills. An S550 GT500 and a Fox chassis car are similar how?

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Uh....your categorizing skills. An S550 GT500 and a Fox chassis car are similar how?
No what I did was put the 20 GT500 in the looks department of a fox body. I clearly wrote that. It's not attractive to ME. But since it's a mustang I got love for it just as I do the fox body. Looks aside I'm sure the performance will be good....hopefully.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
You did write that, not arguing that you didn't.

From an objective styling perspective, the S550 is the polar opposite of any year Fox car. The performance of the GT500 will fall along the same lines in comparison in that there is no comparison. And that's data driven with zero hope factored into the equation.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
It actually looks much better then I expected. I still can't get over the wing, it is just hideous....

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
You did write that, not arguing that you didn't.

From an objective styling perspective, the S550 is the polar opposite of any year Fox car. The performance of the GT500 will fall along the same lines in comparison in that there is no comparison. And that's data driven with zero hope factored into the equation.
Yea I wont say anything bad about performance because no specs have been revealed, but I'll bitch about the looks all day which is a personal preference lol. In general I've gotten heat over not liking the lines of the GT500, but how can someone argue with another on what they find attractive or not? Not asking you personally but a general question. The GT350 looks gorgeous, beautiful, and many other things, but the GT500.....its aight

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I have and have had Fox chassis cars. An S197 GT500. And an S550 GT350. I've wrenched on all of them extensively. You can argue "looks" all day if you'd like but the performance isn't even close. As in, not even in the same galaxy.

For me, the beauty is in what lies beneath the surface. A block begging to crack, backed by a spindly T5, quadra bind suspension has nothing in common with the hardware we see in Ford's latest version of the Mustang. Go further than skin deep and opinions on looks become somewhat irrelevant.

The new GT500 is a behemoth on wheels. Insane power, a truly slick transmission, IRS, meats of the likes Ford wouldn't use on any earlier chassis....fiber wheels for Christ sake. Wrapped up and clad with aero bits that provide true performance functionality instead of faux performance that is somehow "prettier."

Bottom line - if the best performing factory Mustang means anything to you, the GT500 is in a class of its own. If however you aren't in the game for pure performance there are plenty of Mustang II's to be found on Craigslist.

coposrv

Established Member
The wing. I can’t get over the wing.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Again not true.
The current ‘07-14 Shelby GT500 are probably the least ‘Shelby’ of all his cars as by that point he was really just licensing his name on Ford SVT Cars.
The early Shelby Mustangs all had Auto options. SVT Mustangs from ‘93 to current have all had only one trans option; all conventional manual until the current DCT.
So, really doesn’t make sense to say Shelby would be against the new DCT, as he was fine with offering autos or whatever was the best performance option.
Plus, low volume cars like this can’t afford to offer multiple trans options, so I’m fine with offering the best optional available.
We shall see if it hurts sales without a manual. My money is on it actually helping.
-J

I'm sure it will help there are auto GT500 autos now. If we have learned anything from the Hellcats it's that people in the market for these cars are often tired of banging the gears and really like to cruise and lay into it from time to time. With that said, I would have loved there to be a manual option because that is all I know with these cars.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
DSC00502-driving-silver-C1-1280x720.jpg
shell station opening hours

What is the other spoiler option?

Users who are viewing this thread