Spy Shots—’19 Dodge Charger HellCat Breaks Cover

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I guess so but the reality is a family man is gonna buy a regular Charger not one that gets such poor gas mileage and not many drive these daily at their price but I guess Porsche has their version with the Turbo Panamera so its possible just not likely and I don't see a sustainable market for the car with Family men wanting these.

I prefer the 4 door. Just like the M4 I think it looks better then the 2 door. The Hellcat Charger looks almost identical to a regular Charger thats what I really dislike about it. Looks like the RT.

People with families love those cars. Certainly good for that.

My94GT

Established Member
Just can't wrap my head around why anyone would buy this over the Challenger. I like it and own a Charger myself but its just not in the same leave as the Challenger.

People like me with their first kid on the way that want a fun car and don’t have or want to spend time building one. Who would like to have one car instead of multiple cars like a daily driver and a weekend toy.

I and many others simply don’t have any desire to shoehorn a kid into the back seat of a two door car of an equally viable option is out there with 4 doors.

Now personally I really want a trackhawk but if I decide just to go with another car it’ll likely be a hellcat Charger.

My94GT

Established Member
I guess so but the reality is a family man is gonna buy a regular Charger not one that gets such poor gas mileage and not many drive these daily at their price but I guess Porsche has their version with the Turbo Panamera so its possible just not likely and I don't see a sustainable market for the car with Family men wanting these.

I prefer the 4 door. Just like the M4 I think it looks better then the 2 door. The Hellcat Charger looks almost identical to a regular Charger thats what I really dislike about it. Looks like the RT.

The price point is so vastly different to other cars in its target group that it offsets the worries about MPG. Also it’s about the fun factor with practical usability not economy.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Just can't wrap my head around why anyone would buy this over the Challenger. I like it and own a Charger myself but its just not in the same leave as the Challenger.

I don't think there would be anything cooler than taking my entire fam for a nice 700+hp burst onto the freeway, in a car they can all get into and out of without climbing over seats like a coupe.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member

Everything you said about the Charger applies to the Challenger as well. Both the Challenger and Charger Hellcat loot to similar to the SRT/Scat Pack variants.

Jefe

Established Member
tenor.gif
tenor.gif
giphy.gif

pwrshft99

Established Member
I still wish the charger wasn't a 4 door.

#butthurtfordecades

Also, who thinks they should bring back the neon and make a neon hellcat with 707hp?

Me either.

The Charger may be a 4 door but its the only affordable RWD V8 powered sedan left for sale in the US.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yea I guess. I'm not saying that it wouldn't be a fun car. The Challenger has a back seat. The only ppl usually getting in the back seats are gonna be kids so who cares thats its small.

They both suck balls in the snow. I had a sister growing up and my father owned a 2-door car and no one ever complained cause we had to pull the seat up to get to the back seat. Thats about all 4 doors and the extra weight gets ya.... two more doors to open to get to the back seat. Big F-en deal. Ill take the better looking and easier to sell car for $70k!

I don't think there would be anything cooler than taking my entire fam for a nice 700+hp burst onto the freeway, in a car they can all get into and out of without climbing over seats like a coupe.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I forgot infants and todders could fasten themselves.

When I had one creature I never hesitated taking the Shelby out with his car seat on board.

With two creatures, it legitimately is a pain in the butt buckling in both kids and driving with my knees on the steering whee to make room for the driverside passenger.

My94GT

Established Member
I’ve had two door cars as well and frankly I’d never want to deal with strapping a kid in the back if I don’t have to. Again it’s balance to me. I want one car that does it as best as possible for the money.

If it weren’t for that I’d go buy a cheap used eco boost f150 and save a little longer and scoop up the viper I really want. Problem is anytime I want to go somewhere with the wife and kid which is a lot on the weekends that would rule the viper out. I drive to work in rush hour traffics for an hour and 15 min on avg so go ahead and rule viper out again.

Pretty much it becomes a useless car, and I’m not the only father that faces that reality. So cars like the charger hellcat are such a cool set up. Also they seem to be no slouch in the many vids I see of them holding their own with other cars like mustangs or vettes.

I still want a trackhawk, all that fun and I can still tow and drive in the snow....sign me up.

byeofcr

Established Member
i have a measly charger 392SP and it feels extremely light on its feet. hc chargers are momsters

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Yea I guess. I'm not saying that it wouldn't be a fun car. The Challenger has a back seat. The only ppl usually getting in the back seats are gonna be kids so who cares thats its small.

They both suck balls in the snow. I had a sister growing up and my father owned a 2-door car and no one ever complained cause we had to pull the seat up to get to the back seat. Thats about all 4 doors and the extra weight gets ya.... two more doors to open to get to the back seat. Big F-en deal. Ill take the better looking and easier to sell car for $70k!

I'm guessing you aren't all that tall. I'm forced into the dash if I my 5 year old is behind me. And he's in a backless booster. Good luck with a full sized car seat, and forget a rear facing seat completely.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm guessing you aren't all that tall. I'm forced into the dash if I my 5 year old is behind me. And he's in a backless booster. Good luck with a full sized car seat, and forget a rear facing seat completely.

I could barely manage a passenger in the Shelby when my first boy was rear facing. Pretty sure the airbag would have knocked out their teeth.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I could barely manage a passenger in the Shelby when my first boy was rear facing. Pretty sure the airbag would have knocked out their teeth.

My son was only a couple months old when I bought my first Cobra. We attempted the rear facing once in that car. My wife was literally leaning against the dash. That's when we knew that car was only going to be a date night car until we could turn the car seat around.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Yep. Sounds about right.

The s197 has a little more room, but not near enough to make a rear-facing seat work comfortably.

A supercharged Marauder is our only hope.

72SBC

Established Member
The charger hellcat is a stellar car that is with in reason for the average car guy that wants a fun car to still tackle daily life or daddy duty with 4 doors, and honestly doesn’t need mods. Looks good, has pretty good build quality, sounds great, and performs great.

The average car guy isn’t going out to buy a 70K+/800-1000 payment Hellcat. They are looking at a $400 a month r/t at best.

Users who are viewing this thread