Spring Allergies

CSD

Banned
Tree, grass, and weed pollen gets me every spring. Anyone else?

Some days my nose is completely blocked, can't smell or breathe. Other days, I sneeze 113 times. :bash:

Trying Claritin D this year, hoping for the best. What do you guys take or do to treat spring allergies?

YJSONLY

Established Member
I take a generic Zyrtec that is like 12 bucks for 100 pills. And also a nasal spray twice a day and keeps them calm....

Planter

Banned
Same here. lately I've had the continued dry nose. used vick's vaporub to break that up, but keeps coming back.

I was on Claritin D for a while, until it became ineffective, then the doctor put me on zyrtec (certizine hcl) and that seems to work much better than the claritin, but I also think it's making my nose really dry.

I use a generic saline mist nasal spray in conjunction with the vicks. seems to work pretty good. I haven't had the usual "runny nose, sneezing, watery eyes and sinus infection" that I have had in year's past.

so if the dry nose is the trade off, I'll take it.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Need a prescription, but Singular has been more helpful than most drugs for my allergies. If all else fails get the doc to prescribe some steroids. Absolutely works wonders.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Not a wheezer myself. My oldest girl was so bad you would feel sorry for her in the spring.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
im allergic to grass, wind, trees, cactus, dogs, cats, dirt, pollen, strippers, dust, so much crap its not even funny. i sneeze about 7,000 times a day and when its windy.. game over for me. i take prescription allergy meds and still am miserable.

CSD

Banned
I get a shot every year, usually around the end of April depending on how bad the pollen is.

Any side effects?

I take a generic Zyrtec that is like 12 bucks for 100 pills. And also a nasal spray twice a day and keeps them calm....

I've taken Zyrtec before, does nothing for me. nasal spray is a quick fix but long term use isn't healthy.

Need a prescription, but Singular has been more helpful than most drugs for my allergies. If all else fails get the doc to prescribe some steroids. Absolutely works wonders.

I'm on Singular right now and it seems to help a little but not as much as I'd like.

I've tried this as well, only helps for a day or two before you have to do it again.

im allergic to grass, wind, trees, cactus, dogs, cats, dirt, pollen, strippers, dust, so much crap its not even funny. i sneeze about 7,000 times a day and when its windy.. game over for me. i take prescription allergy meds and still am miserable.

Ouch! You have it worse than me. Have you seen an allergist for more help?

I could probably help you with your stripper allergy..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I outgrew most of my spring allergies, too. My eyes tend to itch more, but I use eye drops regularly which pretty much solves that problem. A lot of people definitely suffer with allergies this time of year, though.

george.arnold

Established Member
I take Zyrtec D. It's a 12 hour med, better than the 24 hour meds for me. I also have a few spoons of different types of natural honey from around Texas every morning. That helps get the pollen into my system so that it can build immunities to it. Seems to work pretty well.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
started going to an allergist 2 or 3 years ago. I was taking the Costco Zyrtec equivalent, moved to claritin this time around. Im not sure if it just hasnt built up in my system yet but so far claritin is not helping much. The worst thing for me is the sinus pressure right where your nose meets your forehead

I swear it seems like every spring here for the last few years has had record setting pollen counts

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
im so stopped up, my ears wont drain. 2 rounds of azithromyacin didnt knock it out. now im on fluticasone, and if that doesnt work they will have to incise my throat under my ears to let them drain.

my left ear is 100% blocked, right ear is 90%....i cant hear shit.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Claritin D or Allegra with pseudoephedrine for blockage and about 3 hits Afrin of nasal spray.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
im so stopped up, my ears wont drain. 2 rounds of azithromyacin didnt knock it out. now im on fluticasone, and if that doesnt work they will have to incise my throat under my ears to let them drain.

my left ear is 100% blocked, right ear is 90%....i cant hear shit.

holy crap, never heard of that before, hope they clear up!

Users who are viewing this thread