Sports car for $40k or less

Gary Macomber

Established Member
^^ Achilles heel has always been that soft, fragile 13b. I dont know much about the 20b but if is as improved as you say it is, i agree that would be one FUN sumbitch.
It isn't as bad as some make it out to be, most of the problem is are people modifying without know what they are doing. Either engine built by a reputable person can last quite a while. With a 20b it is much easier to attain big numbers even on a mild build.

CobraKid04

Established Member
C6 GS add full exhuast, clutch, sticky tires, supercharger. 650rwhp and reliable. If you get a manual coupe, you get a dry sump with forged crank and the z06 differential w/ 31 spline.

If you want to track it, stay N/A with a big cam. A a 100-150 shot for street use. I did this,so I could autocross mine.

I'll take an ls3 over an ls7 any day for reliability.

Never_Enough

Established Member
C6 GS add full exhuast, clutch, sticky tires, supercharger. 650rwhp and reliable. If you get a manual coupe, you get a dry sump with forged crank and the z06 differential w/ 31 spline.

If you want to track it, stay N/A with a big cam. A a 100-150 shot for street use. I did this,so I could autocross mine.

LS7 is also reliable. Don't start the overblown valve issue again

08mojo

Established Member

This is not a bad proposition!

Blackoyote

Established Member
C6GS fo sho, and use the leftover money for some wheels and a H/C setup. You can easily get into 10-11 cars with sub 40k for right at $30k these days.

Users who are viewing this thread