Sportlines on 2011 base GT?

FiveLeeter918

OK Performance Fords
Established Member
Got my sportlines a few days ago, just waiting on the camber bolts to come in and then I am planning to do the install.

I have read in a few different places that doing the install with the base 18" wheels and 50 series tires is a no-no. Can anyone confirm this, or any experience from people that have done it?

I would also like pics of how the car sits with the tires. I am talking to a friend that wrecked his car about buying his 255/40/18 tires and 275/40/18 tires to put on my wheels until I can pic up some 18x9 Silver AMR wheels and then I will just transfer these tires over.

I am planning to do adjustable control arms and panhard bar soon along with better shocks/struts, just really tired of the 4x4 look and wanting to get that addressed.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
I assume you are asking about overall rolling diameters (Height of tire; top to bottom)....With your stock 235/50-18 your overall rolling diameter is 27.3"
In Comparison, my Premium comes with a 245/45/19 which has an ORD of 27.7"

I have seen plenty of guys run Sportlines with both wheel/tire set-ups.... Look at these pics, you can see that guys are obviously doing it...wether or not they have issues, IDK, but I can't see why they would...(5th pic down on the right is your wheel/tire set-up...Silver GT):

http://images-ftp.americanmuscle.co...lt2,47808_alt3,47808_alt4&cust=true&pid=39793

Just for reference, your buddies wheel/tire heights are as follows:

255/40-18... 26"
275/40-18... 26.7"

Last edited:

FiveLeeter918

OK Performance Fords
Established Member
yea I already had the tire height, just wondering how it looks with the wheels. If there are fears that the higher tires will hit the fender when aggressively turning or what... was just curious.

My driveway is my main concern right now. The rest I can adjust as needed, can't adjust the driveway.

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
yea I already had the tire height, just wondering how it looks with the wheels. If there are fears that the higher tires will hit the fender when aggressively turning or what... was just curious.

My driveway is my main concern right now. The rest I can adjust as needed, can't adjust the driveway.

I've never had Sportlines, but I'm sure you will be fine...They give a steep drop, but there are lower springs out there like the H&R SS springs I have... Even with my stock premium 19" wheels, which are taller than your 18's, I would not hesitate to run Sportlines.

Sportlines

F- 1.4"
R- 1.5"

H&R Super Sports

F- 1.7"
R- 2.4"

FiveLeeter918

OK Performance Fords
Established Member
yea I have no concerns driving with them. I can avoid speed bumps, we have very few here anyway. It's my 40* incline, followed by a flat out, then a 40* incline down that has me worried. Fearing I may bottom out on the flat out portion. I need to measure.

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
yea I have no concerns driving with them. I can avoid speed bumps, we have very few here anyway. It's my 40* incline, followed by a flat out, then a 40* incline down that has me worried. Fearing I may bottom out on the flat out portion. I need to measure.

Have you considered maybe going with the Pro Kit instead...?

F- 1.5"
R- 1.2"

Still looks great...Just not as "Slammed" as the Prolines.

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
Well, it looks like you are going to want to stay with a taller wheel/tire combo to get the most ground clearance, so I would forget your buddies set-up cause all thats gonna do is lower you a tad more....Sell you my flawless 5K mile 19" Premium Wheels and Tires...pick up almost a half inch over your stock 18's lol.

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
I just need to man up and do it...

Well, its not like you're doing something that you can't reverse if it ends up being too low. Prolines sell like hotcakes on here....Just don't dump $$$ on an alignment until you are sure you want to keep them.

stang8psi

Established Member
No you will not rub, I have the sportlines from the 05-10 model year which is a bit lower than the 11 specific srings. On mine with the factory 18's with the 235/50 tires and I do not rub at all. You will be fine with the sportlins and stock tires, thousands have done it.

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
No you will not rub, I have the sportlines from the 05-10 model year which is a bit lower than the 11 specific srings. On mine with the factory 18's with the 235/50 tires and I do not rub at all. You will be fine with the sportlins and stock tires, thousands have done it.

He's worried about bottoming out on his driveway...It seems like its a 2-step ramp up, and he's concerned with bottoming out on the level part in between.

Didn't you have K Springs before?

FiveLeeter918

OK Performance Fords
Established Member
me or him on the K spring question?

My driveway actually goes UP off the street at a 40* angle for 18", flattens out for 36" (sidewalk), and then does a 40* DOWNWARD angle for 14' before flattening out in the garage.

When I bought the house I had an 01 lowered 1.75" and it cleared, but when I bought the 2011 I could set them side by side and the wheel gap between the two was almost identical.

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
take the drop measurements you get from Eibach with a grain of salt, there is no way my car was only lowered ~1.5 all the way around on my sportlines

OP, I have a base with the base 18's on stock tires and have been for the past 3k miles with no issues rubbing. I have hit my bump stops maybe once or twice, but i also run koni yellows and atm have them set very soft until the weather warms up. I also live in city, so hills/inclines/potholes are no stranger to my setup. i usually only hit the bump stops if im on the highway and there is a huge dip in the road and i am at a cruising speed. Speedbumps, steep driveways have been fine for me so far. I will try and get a pic this evening so you can see what the gap looks like

I would also add i do take turns aggressively and do not rub when the wheel is turned, but i also when with MM CC plates and not just bolts

Last edited:

stang8psi

Established Member
He's worried about bottoming out on his driveway...It seems like its a 2-step ramp up, and he's concerned with bottoming out on the level part in between.

Didn't you have K Springs before?

I did, But i now have sportlines and I still and have never scraped anywhere.

Nick Nasty

Established Member
base model, stock struts/shocks, no camber bolts. Pretty much just through the sportlines on by themselves with a pan hard bar.

2012-06-22_18-11-37_506.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Might be interested in the K's if you have and want to sell them....Not sure if I'm gonna like the H&R SS Springs with Vossen 20's.....Let me know.

If you have H&R SS Springs and if they are lower than Eibach Sportlines.......I'll trade you. I want MOAR LOW!!! and I have Sportlines.

LMK:beer:

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
If you have H&R SS Springs and if they are lower than Eibach Sportlines.......I'll trade you. I want MOAR LOW!!! and I have Sportlines.

LMK:beer:

LOL...I had been going back and forth on springs over last couple days...I love H&R Springs...Had their Race Springs on my 03 Cobra....With this car I knew I wanted the SS's...but I also had my heart set on a set of SVE Drifts and have seen that combo in person (SICK!!!!)...but, as always, I changed my mind and am about to pull the trigger on a set of Vossen CV7's. I wasn't sure how the combo of rim, tire, and spring was gonna pan out...But after searching FOREVER on here, I found a member "Implosive" running the same combo (CV2's instead of 7's; but same sizes)..... His car looks perfect to me and after talking to him, I'm gonna at least try the SS's and see if they work out around where I live with the shitty roads....I will def keep you in mind though man!...Your car looks BADASS!!!...Damn that red is sexy!!!!!!!! :beer:

Implosive, if you are reading this..Thanks again brother! :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread