Spoiler delete cars

1967eleanor

factory spoiler delete yo
Established Member
I have a spoiler delete 03 DSG, I cant help but wonder how many spoiler delete cars were made, Ive only seen a couple. Anyone know?

Pics for views
img1797.jpg

Mystichrome

Spoiler Delete
Established Member
Its hard to say as I understand Ford didn't keep records of the spoiler delete cars. My Mystichrome is a spoiler delete and I have only heard of one other

MVD

Established Member
Always wondered how the third brake light was placed.

The spoiler delete cars got the same decklid as the V6. Actually the Terminator dacklids are the same as GT/Mach 1/V6 they just leave off the GT/Mach 1/V6 light and put the Terminator spoiler over top.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We haven't seen many spoiler-delete Terminators here. So I have to believe they are rare. I do like them. But I also love the stock spoiler. Very well done by Ford IMO. So either way looks really nice to me.

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
Looks great!!!

I wish mine was a "Spoiler Delete" Cobra!!! I think it looks so much cleaner without it.

So...if I take mine off. All I need to do is...fill the holes and buy a 99-04 third brake light??? It'll bolt/plug right on???

Anybody out there have the holes professionally filled in by an autobody shop??? How much would this cost???

:beer:

Later...Dave

MVD

Established Member
So...if I take mine off. All I need to do is...fill the holes and buy a 99-04 third brake light??? It'll bolt/plug right on???

Anybody out there have the holes professionally filled in by an autobody shop??? How much would this cost???

Later...Dave

It will fit perfect, but you will have to hardwire it in, only two wires.

To plug the holes and respray will probably run you $350ish.

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
It will fit perfect, but you will have to hardwire it in, only two wires.

To plug the holes and respray will probably run you $350ish.

Thanks so much for the info...saves me lots of searching!!!

Later...Dave

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
Well I purchased the third brake light and pulled off the decklid spoiler. Only problem is the indent on the decklid for the brake light is solid save for a small round hole. In order to install the 99-04 brake light on the decklid, you'll have to cut additional openings. Not really a straight forward plug and play process but it shouldn't be too hard???

Has anybody done this already??? Any tips??? I was just going to use a dremel with a cutting wheel to cut the fiberglass.

It's been years since I've done any type of body work but I might try tackling the spoiler holes with some Bondo fiberglass repair.

Again, anybody out there that has tackled this on their own???

Later...Dave

Last edited:

Vette Eater

Established Member
Mine has the spoiler delete...one of the things that sold me on the car,.

what's funny a few people here think my car is clone because it doesn't have the wing and a solid axle...idiots!

04RedfireVert

Is it Friday yet?
Established Member
That's the color I was going to get. But my wife said everything I own is blue, get redfire. No regrets, love the redfire. Hell, who am I kidding! I love all color Cobra's :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread