Spoiler delete cars

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
Well...

My spoiler delete mod has turned into a project of sorts...

Hardest part is cutting the decklid to accept the 99-04 3rd brake light. Filling the holes from the spoiler is no biggie...I used "Bondo-Hair" and some filler putty/glaze with good results.

Once the body work is complete (still have 4 holes of 9 total to fill)...I may just take her to get professionally sprayed for a couple of bills extra.

Like others have mentioned before...best approach would be to find a V6 decklid to save you the extra body work. I was pretty bored and wanted to see if I still had the body prep skills.

I already like the way it's looking...can't wait for the finished project!!!

Oh and BTW...that Sonic Blue in post # 18 above looks awesome!!!

:beer:

Later...Dave

Last edited:

Rice Eatr

Established Member
I don't know if there was a build count. I know when I bought mine new I had my choice of either, I opted for the spoiler.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I would love to be a spoiler delete.,., if anyone wants to swap :thumbsup:

however.,., do the delete cars have led 3rd brake light :shrug:

Last edited:

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
I would love to be a spoiler delete.,., if anyone wants to swap :thumbsup:

however.,., do the delete cars have led 3rd brake light :shrug:

Yep...the "spoiler delete" cars have a V6 trunklid and regular 99-04 brake light. The fancy Led brake lights come only with the Cobra decklid spoilers.

From what I figured out...cars that come with the spoiler...have an indent under the spoiler for the 99-04 brakelight but it has to be cut out for the install.

I doubt anyone would want to trade...if you want one for a little hassle...just buy a used or new V6 decklid and have it painted to match. Brake light wiring is a simple two wire affair.

I'm switching mine over by working with what I got...modify the existing decklid.

Later...Dave

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Yep...the "spoiler delete" cars have a V6 trunklid and regular 99-04 brake light. The fancy Led brake lights come only with the Cobra decklid spoilers.

From what I figured out...cars that come with the spoiler...have an indent under the spoiler for the 99-04 brakelight but it has to be cut out for the install.

I doubt anyone would want to trade...if you want one for a little hassle...just buy a used or new V6 decklid and have it painted to match. Brake light wiring is a simple two wire affair.

I'm switching mine over by working with what I got...modify the existing decklid.

Later...Dave

I think I like my led's too much to do that :shrug:

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
Mine...

DSC00376.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
I purchased the car this way, but not from the original owner. The previous owner stated there was a good chance it was an original spoiler delete car. But to answer your question honestly, I'm not completely sure.

GrayGhost03

Established Member
I have a spoiler delete 03 DSG, I cant help but wonder how many spoiler delete cars were made, Ive only seen a couple. Anyone know?

Pics for views
img1797.jpg

sweet looking car. i have the same color and have been seriously thinking about powder coating the wheels. i think i just might do it now.

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
I purchased the car this way, but not from the original owner. The previous owner stated there was a good chance it was an original spoiler delete car. But to answer your question honestly, I'm not completely sure.

Wonder if it can be checked...would be nice to actually know if it's even rarer than a regular Cobra???

:shrug:

Regardless...looks sweet man!!!

Later...Dave

Last edited:

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
I dropped the car off today. The "spoiler-less" decklid and "blanket-less" underhood are gettin' sprayed Sonic Blue. In addition, I'm having my custom hood vents and scoops sprayed "flat-black"!!!

Later...Dave

Users who are viewing this thread