spied my new daily driver 2010 Taurus SHO

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
spied my new daily driver 2010 Taurus SHO PICS added!

I work in Chicago quite a bit and today in the garage of my apartment I saw a car immediately recognized as new. A 2010 Taurus. The garage was dark but I saw MFG plates and I gave it a walk around. Great stying and nice wheels . 19's I believe. Dual exhaust, rear spoiler lip, all the go fast look good items. Then I notice a covering over a badge on the back trunk.

Sheepishly I pull it back, And I Read

ECOBOOST
SHO

Holy Moly it does. exist. I may be a Ford Man again for my daily driver if I can't swing the new caddy. Go Ford!

Pics are below in thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
WTF!

how does someone have a 2010 Taurus SHO already? Shit i dont think the internet even found out about the new Taurus until last month, let alone an actual SHO version?

Vega$$$

I hate scammers
Established Member
I had sort of decided on getting an Ecoboost Flex as my new daily driver when they came out, and I still may, but the thought of an Ecoboost Taurus SHO has my interest piqued. I had a 1995 Taurus SHO and it was actually a fun vehicle for what it was.

I can't wait to see the actual production specs and real world reviews of both vehicles when they're available.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
he said it had mfg plates. "someone" didn't have an sho, ford had an sho.

ah good catch.

I had sort of decided on getting an Ecoboost Flex as my new daily driver when they came out, and I still may, but the thought of an Ecoboost Taurus SHO has my interest piqued. I had a 1995 Taurus SHO and it was actually a fun vehicle for what it was.

I can't wait to see the actual production specs and real world reviews of both vehicles when they're available.

all i know, is if all the people who are jocking the new Taurus right now actually buy one, Ford doesnt have to worry about money. If i was in the market for a new car next year, the Taurus definitely has my attention. Being a buyer and knowing the reputation of the last Taurus, i would be a bit hesitant, but im sure the SHO version has a bit higher standards, as with any higher-level of the model line.

Last edited:

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Well the shape Ford is in, they really should move it up. That ecoboost looks like the snitz, and may even save them.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
The only thing that get me, is if they make a V8 with that sucker, then every one's going to have 400 horses. I probably should be use to it, since it seems like almost any new car is 400 and up.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
The only thing that get me, is if they make a V8 with that sucker, then every one's going to have 400 horses. I probably should be use to it, since it seems like almost any new car is 400 and up.

i think the new thing will be TTv6. All the power of the 8, but the mileage and efficiency of the 6. And if the motor is built right, possibly higher potential out of the box with the boosted car vs n/a car. If they released a AWD SHO, i could see them becoming very popular.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
i think the new thing will be TTv6. All the power of the 8, but the mileage and efficiency of the 6. And if the motor is built right, possibly higher potential out of the box with the boosted car vs n/a car. If they released a AWD SHO, i could see them becoming very popular.

+1 a AWD TTV6 is a very appealing Daily driver. Plus from the pics it looked pretty damn good

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

x2

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
It was clearly a "Ford" Car and I did take a couple of badly lit cell phone pics. It had some numbering on the back window I'm sure for fleet tracking. the interior looked nice (from what I could see) and the wheels were very sharp. Think a version of the new 2010 shelby gt500 wheels. The car is very "high waisted" (think tall). Very cool to find something new and "special" If you search the internet there are other "sightings"

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Pics or it didn't happen............:read:

IMG00283.jpg

IMG00285.jpg

IMG00284.jpg

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Sorry for the bad photo's , but you demanded proof! dark lighting. 20lbs of chicago salt, shaky hands (excitement) and a 2 mpixels camera doesn't make for award winning photography.

Look at the right tail light. Black tape is over the Eco Boost / SHO badging.

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member

i could see one end up in my driveway. had a 95 sho and loved that thing.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've fully expected the new SHO to become a reality. It's a very smart move on Ford's part IMO. I can't wait to see more and learn more about this one. Yeah baby, bring it on!

20psirabbit

Established Member
It was clearly a "Ford" Car and I did take a couple of badly lit cell phone pics. It had some numbering on the back window I'm sure for fleet tracking. the interior looked nice (from what I could see) and the wheels were very sharp. Think a version of the new 2010 shelby gt500 wheels. The car is very "high waisted" (think tall). Very cool to find something new and "special" If you search the internet there are other "sightings"

that reminds me of the time my buddy and i were driving though this local neighborhood when we saw this black vw jetta coupe-ish looking car in someone's driveway. i happened to have my camera from taking pictures earlier, so we hopped out and took some photos of it, posted them on the vw forum we were on. well it turned out to be what is now the eos, and wasn't released till quite awhile later. the thread got a ton of hits, vw of america ended up contacting the board admin asking them to take down the pics as the car was still supposed to be kind of secret. they asked us, we said "hey it was outside uncovered, tell them to be more careful who leaves their secret car uncovered outside." LOL
i like that stuff too :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread