Spend Bill Gates' money. Mind blown.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... Rugby is far more entertaining and physical. ...

There's also not much diversity in basketball or football so I am not interested in it. I think of football and basketball fans as cucks.

Because rugby is hella diverse. Watching a bunch of burly men tugging on each other and making giant man-piles in any sport is gay.

Dusten

Established Member
Ok, walmart managers still can't afford good health care.

I'll continue... how many walmart workers are on food stamps? All the while the family is worth billions, getting tax cuts, and then YOUR tax dollars are funding those food stamps.
Tell them to learn a skill beyond stocking ****ing shelves.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Negative. The solution is to not pay more money to these positions. It's to encourage and lift people out of these positions into more product careers that deserve/earn more of a sustained living wage.
You will always have more people than enough well paying jobs. Just isnt possible for every single person to move up. But you keep thinking that way. And keep enjoying our tax money still paying for those that dont deserve it.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
As a former employee, most have it as a second job for spending money or just retired from another job. The opportunity to move up is unreal. They give every rhyme and reason to move up in the company and make more money.

Walmart also offers stocks to employees at a reduced price. They have paid time off and a retirement plan. They even pay double on Sundays.

Not sure what year or what state you worked in that was paying double time on a sunday. But currently in California Walmart is not paying double time to work sunday. And medical isnt $25 a paycheck. Also most work under 30hrs. Because if you avg over 32hrs a week it requires them to be bumped up to full time benefits which Walmart does not want.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The only thing that would do is further dilute the labor market at the middle income level. Regardless of what the news says there isn't an abundance of high paying jobs. Vast majority are in retail, fast food and customer service.

Wages have been stagnant across the board for the past 40yrs. Im seeing engineering jobs with starting salaries offered lower than what i had 15yrs ago all while they scream "labor shortage" and layoff people at the same time.

I don't agree with artificially raising everyone to $15 or universal income but the middle class is definitely being destroyed right now.

Glad to see someone else understands whats really going on.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

What will that do? If every single person learned a skill other than stocking shelves there would be even more people on unemployment.

If no one stock shelves there would be no more stores to go to.

Wouldn't you rather have people working than saying F that im not gonna stock shelves im gonna just sit at home and collect free money.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member

Hell the shelve stockers are usually doing something on the side or going to school to learn more them shelve stocking

Not sure what year or what state you worked in that was paying double time on a sunday. But currently in California Walmart is not paying double time to work sunday. And medical isnt $25 a paycheck. Also most work under 30hrs. Because if you avg over 32hrs a week it requires them to be bumped up to full time benefits which Walmart does not want.

Texas 02-08. They paid an extra 8hrs on Sundays. I also kept in touch with lots of people after I left so I know what goes on still. Walmart has a lot more jobs than just the store front and they make bank working more than 30 hrs a week.

Out of curiosity have any one else here worked for Walmart? Most the family sold their stocks and have no interest in the stores

blk02edge

Established Member
What will that do? If every single person learned a skill other than stocking shelves there would be even more people on unemployment.

Wouldn't you rather have people working than saying F that im not gonna stock shelves im gonna just sit at home and collect free money.
Those jobs are for those in or fresh outta high school, high school students are a naturally replenished resource. If more people had incentive to move up then civilization would continue to evolve rather than degrade into this free free more more mentality thats currently festering. Those that choose not to succeed can go live in a gutter.

I cant speak for all areas but where Im at there is such an over abundance of work that any trade is like a 4-5 week wait till someone has the time to come. The government is at the point they literally PAY you to go to tradeschool and yet daily I see all these whiny bums sitting around whining about their low paying salad tossing jobs.

Dusten

Established Member

Shelf stocking isnt meant to be a career. Its a fill in while you learn something else.

Im am job hunting now and am ****ing blown away at all the options. People act like there are no jobs.

Users who are viewing this thread