Spend Bill Gates' money. Mind blown.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Yet they get tax cuts while their workers can't afford healthcare. Yes, this goes mostly at Amazon and Walmart workers, but I doubt even Microsoft has "awesome" healthcare.

I actually worked for Walmart for years and the healthcare was affordable and halfway decent at the time. If you haven’t actually worked there and seen it how can you comment on it? o_O

MG0h3

Established Member
Yet they get tax cuts while their workers can't afford healthcare. Yes, this goes mostly at Amazon and Walmart workers, but I doubt even Microsoft has "awesome" healthcare.

Oh boo hoo. Bill Gates pays more in one year than you’re entire family will pay across their entire lives. How’s that fair?

Sent from the El Paso JR college dorm using the svtperformance.com mobile app

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Thing is, should you consider a walmart/fast food/low tier level job a career/long term financial solution?

No. You can't. You force 15-20 an hour on McDonalds, they will have every store in America down to two cooks, 1 manager, and one drive thru person. The rest will be auto tellers.

Walmart will go straight automated and Amazon level ship to home. And so on. Suddenly they're all out of work, quickly.

Affordable is a relative term. If you have 1 million in bills but make 30k a year, nothing is affordable. If you live with momma and are 35 with no debt, you can afford the 100 dollar insurance. Even if you work at Wally world.

Your exact thoughts are the same reason that all of us working people will continue to pay for those that dont for the rest of our lives.

Im not saying Walmart and McDonald's ect should be paying every employee 20hr. What im saying is that if you dont at least pay them a living wage in the state,city, ect in order to live they will eventually figure it out and live off the government. Which in terms is our tax money.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Your exact thoughts are the same reason that all of us working people will continue to pay for those that dont for the rest of our lives.

Im not saying Walmart and McDonald's ect should be paying every employee 20hr. What im saying is that if you dont at least pay them a living wage in the state,city, ect in order to live they will eventually figure it out and live off the government. Which in terms is our tax money.

As a former employee, most have it as a second job for spending money or just retired from another job. The opportunity to move up is unreal. They give every rhyme and reason to move up in the company and make more money.

Walmart also offers stocks to employees at a reduced price. They have paid time off and a retirement plan. They even pay double on Sundays.

quad

Established Member
Who bases their existence on death?

I don’t give a **** what I don’t have when I’m dead.. because I’m.... dead

I care about what I have while alive.

Every one of us will remember who Bill Gates was when he dies. None of us remember the bum.

Your thought process of the bum wins is the logic liberals live by.
Lol no I agree it is better to have a good life while alive and strive to be successful. And the bum does not win in that regard. Just saying in the end it must suck when you are a billionaire and it is time to kick the bucket and say goodbye to all your properties, toys etc. The one consolation for them would be that their children and grand children will enjoy it.

I personally don't need validation from others and could care less if I am remembered, admired / hated, etc. by other humans.

People might remember Bill Gates for a few generations but in the grand scheme of things memory of him will fade away eventually after a few hundred or thousand years. Maybe sooner if humans end up going extinct for whatever reason. The planet is over 4 billion years old and the human species only 200,000. The average species lasts for about 1 million years.

A lot of things will happen in the next few thousand / million years.

Background extinction rate - Wikipedia

"Background extinction rates are typically measured in three different ways. The first is simply the number of species that normally go extinct over a given period of time. For example, at the background rate one species of bird will go extinct every estimated 400 years.[5] Another way the extinction rate can be given is in million species years (MSY). For example, there is approximately one extinction estimated per million species years.[6] From a purely mathematical standpoint this means that if there are a million species on the planet earth, one would go extinct every year, while if there was only one species it would go extinct in one million years, etc. The third way is in giving species survival rates over time. For example, given normal extinction rates species typically exist for 5–10 hundred thousand years before going extinct.[7]"

Last edited:

quad

Established Member
It's funny because I actually say this to my father all the time. My family isn't rich by any means, we're well off. I always tell him you can't take all the money with you to the grave, enjoy life.
Yes many people live that way. It makes them feel safer being frugal and that is also good for your health in a way because you worry less if you have a large economical buffer. But sometimes you gotta have some fun and live in the present. I think a balance between the two is best. You should have some toys, take financial risks here and there but still have a safety buffer and not live paycheck to paycheck.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member

Negative. The solution is to not pay more money to these positions. It's to encourage and lift people out of these positions into more product careers that deserve/earn more of a sustained living wage.

Rare40th

Established Member
"Honestly Peter man I'll tell you what I would do........ 2 chicks at the same time" @Kiohtee

It's hard to imagine what you could/would honestly spend that kind of money on

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Which means you have no idea. Haha
Wrong.

I'm going to super glue all 74 of them together and make the worlds largest floating city.

The average ship holds 3000 people, that's 220,000 people for the floating city. I'll make a deal with the residents of Orange county and they can trade 5 years of living on the city for their house, on the premises that they either get paid current market value for it, or be given it back for free, and only pay a $1000 per year they live on the boat ($5k up front).

Literally no one will take the current market value deal, so they will all go for the 5 years. I'll insure the floating city through Berkshire Hathaway for my initial investment of $90B. After a year of floating around I'll "accidentally" float into the sea of China where the Californians will be taken by the country. By that point a democrat will be in office and won't do shit about it.

The city will accidentally sink and Berkshire will pay out my initial investment. The people on the boats will have "mysteriously disappeared" according to the Chinese and I'll conveniently own an enormous chunk of Orange County, figure 200,000 homes. At a value of roughly $700,000 a piece, that's $140B I've just added into my portfolio.

Oh and after that loss, Berkshire is trading at $20 per share, millions are confident it will go under and questioning management for insuring something so dangerous. So I'll go ahead and pony up to purchase maybe 70% of the company, even at this low price, that's still probably around $13B. But hey, gotta spend money to earn money.

With the news that I've spent such a huge amount of money on this and Buffet is still alive and kicking, people will flock to the stock and bring it back up to near current market value. I own 70% of this bitch so that $13B investment is now $360B.

That puts me at $577B, so I buy controlling stakes in Amazon, Apple, Google, and all of Mclaren. I fire the designer at Mclaren and rehire Gordon Murry to build a modern analog version of the F1. Then I'll buy COTA, have a private track day with a bunch of slow street cars and invite all the track guys from SVTP out to see who can drive each one the fastest and the winner gets to have one of the F1s.

The end.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Negative. The solution is to not pay more money to these positions. It's to encourage and lift people out of these positions into more product careers that deserve/earn more of a sustained living wage.

The only thing that would do is further dilute the labor market at the middle income level. Regardless of what the news says there isn't an abundance of high paying jobs. Vast majority are in retail, fast food and customer service.

Wages have been stagnant across the board for the past 40yrs. Im seeing engineering jobs with starting salaries offered lower than what i had 15yrs ago all while they scream "labor shortage" and layoff people at the same time.

I don't agree with artificially raising everyone to $15 or universal income but the middle class is definitely being destroyed right now.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I didnt read the whole thread but what I find crazy is the owner of the Patriots going to a massage place to get happy endings.
****ing billionaire being cheap. I'd just live in a separate house from the wife and have the women over.

quad

Established Member
Wrong.

I'm going to super glue all 74 of them together and make the worlds largest floating city.

The average ship holds 3000 people, that's 220,000 people for the floating city. I'll make a deal with the residents of Orange county and they can trade 5 years of living on the city for their house, on the premises that they either get paid current market value for it, or be given it back for free, and only pay a $1000 per year they live on the boat ($5k up front).

Literally no one will take the current market value deal, so they will all go for the 5 years. I'll insure the floating city through Berkshire Hathaway for my initial investment of $90B. After a year of floating around I'll "accidentally" float into the sea of China where the Californians will be taken by the country. By that point a democrat will be in office and won't do shit about it.

The city will accidentally sink and Berkshire will pay out my initial investment. The people on the boats will have "mysteriously disappeared" according to the Chinese and I'll conveniently own an enormous chunk of Orange County, figure 200,000 homes. At a value of roughly $700,000 a piece, that's $140B I've just added into my portfolio.

Oh and after that loss, Berkshire is trading at $20 per share, millions are confident it will go under and questioning management for insuring something so dangerous. So I'll go ahead and pony up to purchase maybe 70% of the company, even at this low price, that's still probably around $13B. But hey, gotta spend money to earn money.

With the news that I've spent such a huge amount of money on this and Buffet is still alive and kicking, people will flock to the stock and bring it back up to near current market value. I own 70% of this bitch so that $13B investment is now $360B.

That puts me at $577B, so I buy controlling stakes in Amazon, Apple, Google, and all of Mclaren. I fire the designer at Mclaren and rehire Gordon Murry to build a modern analog version of the F1. Then I'll buy COTA, have a private track day with a bunch of slow street cars and invite all the track guys from SVTP out to see who can drive each one the fastest and the winner gets to have one of the F1s.

The end.
lmao! You have it all figured out I think it will go exactly like that!

Users who are viewing this thread